The Wild Unknown - X Pentacles

Sulis

On a background of concentric circles are 10 coins or pentacles arranged in a diamond pattern. The concentric circles start off black towards the edges of the card and gradually become a rainbow of colours until the middle pentacle is on a dark red colour.

Wow, this card really says change in the physical realm to me. The concentric circles look like a vortex or even a swirling plug hole with the coins being sucked in. It looks as if we've caught the image just before they go through the hole and disappear.
The diamond shape is very solid and that makes me think that I must not forget what's gone before, it's still there to build on - a solid foundation but it's time to move to the next level...
Legacy is one of the words I associate with this card and I think this illustrates it well. I shows that things change and we don't have much control over that and the circular pattern links the card to the Major Arcana card of the same number; The Wheel of Fortune..

Sulis

Has anyone else noticed that there are only 9 pentacles in the square at the centre of this card? I have a feeling this is a mistake from the author but can anyone who has the book let me know if this is deliberate?

Sulis

It's just been pointed out to me that the last pentacle is enclosed within the middle one. It's inside the pentagram within the star so it's tiny but it goes with my theory that they look as if they are going down a vortex... I wish is was clearer though - you seriously need a magnifying glass to see it but at least now I know it's there.
Again, this says to me, that we shouldn't dismiss what has gone before, it's always there to be built upon, internalised and used.

Clever..

lark

This card feels very personal to me.
When I was a little girl I had a rainbow colored bag my mother made...I kept precious things in it.
My Kennedy half dollars from my grandpa...an aqua crayon....my little kittle doll... a few polished stones...a feather.
This card reminds me of that..so to me it is about abundance...happiness...precious things.
Beautiful card and one of the most colorful in the deck.

Sulis

Lark I love the way you're seeing this as the inside of a bag of treasures... I can totally see that and I myself had a rainbow coloured drawstring bag when I was younger too..

I just love cards like these where different people see different things :).

ladybird

This card feels very personal to me.
When I was a little girl I had a rainbow colored bag my mother made...I kept precious things in it.
My Kennedy half dollars from my grandpa...an aqua crayon....my little kittle doll... a few polished stones...a feather.
This card reminds me of that..so to me it is about abundance...happiness...precious things.
Beautiful card and one of the most colorful in the deck.

Aw, cute, I feel like your special little bag is going to be spit out from the middle of this card at any moment for all to prosper from. ;)

inanna_tarot

How strange, I see it as part of a spiral of energy that is outward, energy that has grown from the hidden little pentacle in the centre. From that seed within, that divine spark within we can grow and manifest the universe around us - we can balance our physical realm and create harmony.

The Circles of Colour around it I see are the blessings of the Gods, the harmony that is achieved when everything fits into its proper place. It feels as though the Glory of the Universe shines out and radiates from within.

In divination terms this is the moment we feel happy, blessed, have manifested what we have struggled to make, knowing that is nothing without happiness, love and divine love - interconnectedness.
It reminds me of the moment I was given the 'all-clear' from an illness and nothing beats that moment - health and wealth of family and love is worth more than all the riches in the world.

Lark - I love your story of the bag of precious things :D
In Druid Lore we have the Cranebag - that all the treasures of the world reside within it, I think you have your own cranebag that holes the treasures of your family, the true 'wealth' of your heart.

lark

Aww thank you, what a lovely blessing ladybird and inanna.

I have a card in the Greenwood called Reflection that has a crane on it with a cranes bag hanging on her neck...
Nice connection...I'll think about that everytime the card comes up.

Sulis

How strange, I see it as part of a spiral of energy that is outward, energy that has grown from the hidden little pentacle in the centre. From that seed within, that divine spark within we can grow and manifest the universe around us - we can balance our physical realm and create harmony.

The Circles of Colour around it I see are the blessings of the Gods, the harmony that is achieved when everything fits into its proper place. It feels as though the Glory of the Universe shines out and radiates from within.

In divination terms this is the moment we feel happy, blessed, have manifested what we have struggled to make, knowing that is nothing without happiness, love and divine love - interconnectedness.
It reminds me of the moment I was given the 'all-clear' from an illness and nothing beats that moment - health and wealth of family and love is worth more than all the riches in the world.

Lark - I love your story of the bag of precious things :D
In Druid Lore we have the Cranebag - that all the treasures of the world reside within it, I think you have your own cranebag that holes the treasures of your family, the true 'wealth' of your heart.

Inanna_tarot, I really like the way you see the tiny pentacle in the middle as the seed with everything else radiating out from it... Now you've said that, I can really see it like that too...
I really do like cards that are ambiguous enough to be seen differently by different people and in different contexts...

Winterchild

X of Pentacles

I got a magnifying glass for Christmas and because it was like a new toy I looked at my new decks with it first off..... otherwise I think I would have thought that the huge outer spiral was containing the 9, and that was the tenth pentacle but because I had my new spy glass I clearly saw the teeny pentacle I call Pluto.

The first thought I had about this card was of the 9 planets in our solar system.... and the 9th planet with the tiny pentacle is Eris, and inside Eris is the tiny poor demoted Pluto.

I cannot help but see it this way. I actually had a *Bring back Pluto party* at the time. Eris was the reason Pluto was demoted, because Eris was much bigger, and they were deciding wether or not to make her a planet....

The other planets need Pluto, because Pluto is the centre here and they are guarding him, with their spinning fields of energy. Pluto makes the universe complete according to them.. how dare man try and say otherwise!

This card also makes me think of a rag rug I used to have.... it was a spiral of rainbow colours just like this, but they were all rags and unwanted clothing, worn out frayed stuff cut up and rebuilt into this beautiful warm and colourful and useful rug. So it is like every little bit of life comes together to make a perfect and complete whole...

Because it is spinning and energy is flowing in and out it is also infinite. Hope this makes sense......