WHICH ORACLES resonate for you and WHY?

greatdane

The great thing about oracles is they are freer to be whatever it is they wish. No set number of cards, whatever images or symbols, and with that freedom comes so many great oracles, so many choices.

Out of the oracles you have used, which ones really "spoke" to you personally and why? What was it about them that they seemed made for you?

I have checked out oracles and haven't quite found MINE yet, and would love to read about others favorites.

silvereye

The great thing about oracles is they are freer to be whatever it is they wish. No set number of cards, whatever images or symbols, and with that freedom comes so many great oracles, so many choices.

Out of the oracles you have used, which ones really "spoke" to you personally and why? What was it about them that they seemed made for you?

I have checked out oracles and haven't quite found MINE yet, and would love to read about others favorites.

I would say Doreen Virtue's Angel Answers Oracle Cards, they are entirely different from her older decks and are good as a final wrap up for tarot readings but not for daily draws.

Jenn2211

I don't use my oracles as much as tarot.

But, very recently, I came across a Ganesh one. Which holds a great deal of special meaning to me to begin with. Thus far, it's been very accurate.

Ganesh speaks to me personally, he's been my patron god for many years. Started when my sister was pregnant, then my own preganancy and my soul sisters adoption. Just a lot of elephants show up in my life during womens work (childbirth, pregnancy, single mothers, lesbians). So for me, Ganesh oracle very personally special and works beautifully with my energy.

lantana

My favorite oracles (that I own) have a theme to them, which I think helps reign them in for me. Vessel Oracle and Visions Crystal Oracle both have themes, but the latter also has a very well written LWB.

That's another thing for me. I have a hard time connecting to a deck with just (or even no) keywords, because the tarot reader in me wants the option to have a few passages to ruminate on for meaning. LWB-less oracles like the Amethyst Oracle and the Earthbound have just ended up being appendages to certain decks for me, instead of something I would use by itself. Nothing wrong with that of course, but I don't have a personal connection with either.

avalonian

The Awakened Soul Oracle by Ethony.

It's always easy to relate the message to what is going on in my life. The art is lovely, it's beautifully made, and it's by Ethony (I'm a huge fan).

Couldn't ask for anything more.
:) :) :)

Falcor

Messenger Oracle and Earthbound. I feel really connected to them.

theFeeLion

For me it's Froud's Faeries Oracle. I has his Good Faeries / Bad Faeries book first, then found his oracle (Heart of Faerie wasn't out yet).

As a child my grandfather would read me stories from a huge book of fairy tales and I also had another couple of rather large fairy tale books. They weren't all completely sweetness and light either. So when I found Froud's book I fell in love with it. Then when I saw he had done the oracle cards I had to have them too. It was my very first deck :D

I love that the deck has darker cards as well cards full of light. I feel it's a very balanced deck. It also has plenty of flexibility. I don't feel chained to doing only small spreads (there's 66 cards total). There is a freedom to them and a twisty faerie quality that I love.

Lol I could ramble on and on about them but I think I'll leave it at that :D

:love: Fee

greatdane

I am enjoying reading not just WHICH oracles....

you all enjoy, but why :). It's really interesting to see which oracles readers relate to and why you feel as you do about them!

AnemoneRosie

Earthbound really speaks to me. Part of it has to do with the fact that the keywords are just that - one word. And there is no guidebook. So it really lets me tap into my intuition without getting distracted. The drawings, too, seem simple but are quite deep and so they act as highly effective intuitive prompts. I feel somewhat similarly about Earth Magic - the drawings act more as prompts than as strict descriptions.

I also love Victorian Flower because the drawings are just so enticing that I keep going back. Evidently the natural world draws me in.

Conversely, sometimes I just want an affirmation, and I find that Goddess Guidance is good for that.

Something that I found helpful was watching Daily Tarot Girl's weekly readings. She has a LOT of oracle decks, and she's good about not using the same one too often.

zhadee

Ahoy! Most oracles speak to me. I feel comfortable with most of them.
My favourite oracles are Sibillas, by now I've collected several of them. They all share a base set of characters and/or names, and still they speak in different dialects.
Presently, I work myself into "the Book of Destiny" which is a curious little mix. It comes with playing cards inserts, but like the Lenormand, they appear to be randomly assigned to an image.

Why I they resonate with me? I think because I like to tell stories. Looking at the cards starts a little engine.
Words line up, images appear, a story unfolds. These cards allow me to be a truthsayer. :joke: