Tyldwick - Six of Staves

BodhiSeed

The laurel wreath is a connection to the previous card; an Olympic athlete has bested all his challengers and now is crowned as the victor. What has seemed like chaos - one obstacle after another - has now settled down and become a moment of success.
The Greek/Roman temple in the architectural design is also symbolic of honor, built for the various gods and goddesses. The red columns on the diagram draw the eye, and remind me these were not just added for beauty, but helped support the heavy marble roof. In fact, the columns are some of the last part of the building still standing at these ancient sites. The Romans later figured out that arches could support a dome in the same way. These parts of the building (arches and columns) encourage the "victor" not to forget who has had his back, whether through emotional, mental or physical support. Rarely does anyone conquer a challenge all on his or her own. The circle drawn around the temple design hints at sacred geometry - a philosophy that believed numbers were more than quantities, they were the underlying reality of all things. Irrational numbers like Pi and Phi (where the decimal was infinitely long and non-repeating) could not be expressed as a quantity but as a quality; their qualities resonated in a harmonious cosmic dance that could be seen in nature. The harmony of this card comes when the participants learn to "dance" together to reach a goal.

Attachments

• CorinthApolloTemple.jpg
    CorinthApolloTemple.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 714

Nemia

The building is very similar to the Roman Pantheon, the temple for all the Gods, which was turned into a church later. Raphael is buried there.

There are some differences - today, there are no stairs leading up to the temple. The number of columns and their colour is different - but for a six of staves, the six columns suit better, and their red colour (red like Minoan columns) makes them pop.

The Parisian Pantheon, btw, has six columns and stairs, but a different, less massive cupola. So this is a combination of both.

The Pantheon's roof is open, and above the opening (the oculus), the victor's wreath appears. It's like a bridge between the human edifice dedicated to the Gods (and to nearly-divine humans), and the Gods themselves.

Tyldwick

Great stuff! I wasn't aware of the red columns at Knossos--beautiful! I find it curious that this image appears on paper instead of as an actual structure. It reminds me of a motivational poster: HANG IN THERE! YOU CAN DO IT!