crystal/gemstone cards

Ruby7

Thanks to everyone for their input. I went and had another look at The Tarot of Gemstones and Crystals and I liked the simple photographs this time. So I whipped out my credit card and took the deck home (really should not have been spending money).

Of course I worried all the way home that I would be disappointed when I took out all the cards and looked at them again (I have been disappointed with a few decks and felt the guilt at wasting money). I am happy to say that I absolutely love these cards in their simplicity, and that I actually made the right choice for me at this moment.

These cards are not works of art and I am not recommending them as an amazing deck, especially not for anyone new to the tarot. I like Helmut Hofmann's choices for most of the cards (it is a deck of 78 cards), and each card has a nice simple photograph of a gemstone or crystal on it. Anyway it works for me ( I like the tarot system as opposed to oracle cards), and I am happy.

darwinia

Which Ones?

Ruby7 said:
(I have been disappointed with a few decks and felt the guilt at wasting money).

Hi,

I was interested in this part of your post. So far I haven't been truly disappointed in any deck, so I'd love to hear your experiences and can you specify which decks were disappointing?

These do cost quite a bit money when you start adding tax onto them, so I'm curious and understand the guilt feeling myself.

Thanks.

Astraea

Love is in the Earth, Crystal Deva Oracle

Melody, the author of "Love is in the Earth," has published a tarot called "Love is in the Earth -- Tarot of the New Millenium." It received a poor review on Tarot Passages (http://www.tarotpassages.com/melody.htm), but am posting this for completeness.

There's a lovely deck by Cindy Watlington called the Crystal Deva Oracle. I couldn't find an online review or pictures, but a Google search on the name does bring up several stores who sell it (unfortunately, Amazon is not among them).

Ruby7

Hi Freesiaskye,

I think the problem is partly that lately (past two months) I have been buying too many decks and not really thinking about whether it really is a deck that I will use, really connect with. The other part is the disappointment of the deck not being what I have expected. The following are some examples:

Healing with the Fairies (Doreen Virtue)---- I don't like this deck because the cards are not all done by the same artist. I expected them to all be similar to the picture shown on box.

The Zerner Farber deck. Just simply don't like it and I thought I would. I cannot read from these cards and the cards are cheaply made.

The Chinese Tarot deck--this is a beautiful deck, I am not disappointed in the artwork, but I simply do not connect with it and don't know why I thought I would.

Karma cards (Monte Farber)----don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't what I got---really don't like these.

This is all very negative so I am going to throw in my positive happy experiences too:

Hanson-Roberts----I love this deck and am very happy that I chose it.

Thoth----another good choice for me, have only begun to explore this one, but have had some wonderful results

Fairy Oracle (Sulamith Wulfing)----This is a small sized pack of 40 cards. The art work is to me what fairies are all about. The cards have very simple messages that always seem to speak to me. I love this deck.

I hope that answers your question Freesiaskye, actually I am glad that you asked since I thought more about my deck choices. I am waiting on the William Blake tarot of the Creative Imagination (ordered last week), and hopefully I will stop buying tarot decks for the moment.

Ruby7

Thanks Astraea, I will add the Crystal Deva cards to my list. I did settle on the Tarot of Gemstones and Crystals for the moment but I am sure at some point I will add to this.

SherryZoned

I have the crystal Deva set.. The book is VERY THICK..it is not as clean cut as the crystals deck you are getting but it is a nice looking deck..NO i have not used it yet..So many decks..so little time lol.http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0965298000/ref=nosim/aeclectic/

I got lucky and bought my crystal deva set off of ebay for 9 dollars including shipping!

cardlady22

I just got a replacement set of the Crystal Deva Cards by accident! I saw the $8 price from the Amazon seller and figured it was just the book. The box was worn, but the book and cards are in very good shape! I'll take some pics with my new cellphone camera & attach them later this evening.

ETA: Here are 2 quick pics.

Attachments

• CDevaCvr.jpg
    CDevaCvr.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 132
  • CDevaCscan.jpg
    CDevaCscan.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 124

SherryZoned

The only crystal set i have now is The Crystal Skull Message cards...Took me a long time but i am finally figuring out what i like to work with and what I don't.

cardlady22

Those are probably my next crystal-based oracle!
I'm a deck whore. I love them all! :grin: :laugh:

SherryZoned

lmao!

Definitely well worth it! Thanks!

The deck just 'feels' good!

Great deck for working with chakras.