Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

ThunderWolf

The Celtic Tarot

This deck just felt stark and left me cold. The non-scenic pips just added to the frustration. I ended up giving it to a friend who was begging me to give her a deck from my collection, and I later found that she didn't care for it either.

The first deck I ever tried to read with is another one I wish I had never bought. I've had multiple copies of it and have never been able to get an accurate reading with it. Even with the Celtic Tarot I was able to lay the cards and read the book meanings with accuracy, but never in my life have I been able to get an accurate reading with a copy of the RWS!

Girl Archer

Deviant Moon. Definitely. It always leads me astray with extremely optimistic readings, while what it is really doing is just playing mind games X-( Not cool at all. I stopped reading with it, about a month after I bought it.

Frank S

Any deck in my collection with the words 'Virtue' & 'Doreen' on them. Sorry, they just don't do anything for me whatsoever... :(

Frank.

Aliceiw

Legacy of the Divine! Many of the cards are truly beautiful, colorful and well made. I just could not bare to look at several of the cards, the Judgement, Faith, Magician, and Lovers cards in particular. This deck would probably be great for someone into religion. I had to throw it out, book and all.

Frank S

Legacy of the Divine! Many of the cards are truly beautiful, colorful and well made. I just could not bare to look at several of the cards, the Judgement, Faith, Magician, and Lovers cards in particular. This deck would probably be great for someone into religion. I had to throw it out, book and all.

...In fact, anything by Ciro Marchetti. :(

December_Empress

I just read this entire thread. I'm tired. I need a Power Bar or something.

Anyway, I didn't see this one mentioned. The Tarot of Metamorphosis. "Regret" is not the word I'd use, but I don't get it and haven't been able to connect with it at all.

marimorimo

Grail Tarot: Can't get past the Christian references, but more than that, the juxtaposed photoshopped cups/swords/staffs/gems.

Runic Tarot: An oracle masquerading as tarot

Shapeshifter Tarot: The extreme New-Ageyness of the deck and book makes me want to barf. Also, I think the descriptions and meanings are repetitive.

Voyager Tarot: Outdated imagery; a big picture of a crystal, no matter how pretty, doesn't work for me.

Carla

I'm not sure if I wish I hadn't bought it, but I'm having second thoughts about the Sacred Sites Tarot. I always end up not using these complicated themed decks that add another hurdle to get over before you get to the meaning of the card. For me, it ends up a distraction. But I always forget that it in my initial 'Oh how cool!' (or worse, 'Oh how pretty!') reaction to a new deck.

I need to learn to react with, 'Oh, how many layers of unneeded additional detail has the deck creator added to this one?'

ScaryFairy

The Celtic Tarot

This deck just felt stark and left me cold. The non-scenic pips just added to the frustration. I ended up giving it to a friend who was begging me to give her a deck from my collection, and I later found that she didn't care for it either.

The first deck I ever tried to read with is another one I wish I had never bought. I've had multiple copies of it and have never been able to get an accurate reading with it. Even with the Celtic Tarot I was able to lay the cards and read the book meanings with accuracy, but never in my life have I been able to get an accurate reading with a copy of the RWS!

Agreed, I struggle with my Celtic Tarot too :(

Fortunately I didn't buy it personally, but it's still a shame.

pink daliha

Bought the Revelations tarot about 3 months ago... And now I'm sorry.
Images are just way too christianized and the artwork is is no longer appealing. Too flat.