Correct definition of sacred geometry?

AH020387

This is sacred geometry in my own words:

Sacred geometry is the science of understanding that certain geometric shapes whether natural or artificial have a utile function beyond aesthetics.

Is it a correct definition?

Note: English is my second language so any grammar corrections and or inputs would be much appreciated!:)

firecatpickles

Here is a quote from "The Theology of Arithmetic", att. to Iamblichus (trans. by Robin Waterfield)...

"God manifests in the mathematical laws which govern everything, and the understanding of those laws, and even simply doing mathematics, could bring one closer to God" (Foreword).

Pretty much what you said, and a good philosophy for those who actually like Math! ha

ETA to keep on topic: also in the text Waterfield makes the connection between the Kabbalistic base-ten system and the Pythagorean (ibid).

AH020387

Here is a quote from "The Theology of Arithmetic", att. to Iamblichus (trans. by Robin Waterfield)...

"God manifests in the mathematical laws which govern everything, and the understanding of those laws, and even simply doing mathematics, could bring one closer to God" (Foreword).

Pretty much what you said, and a good philosophy for those who actually like Math! ha

ETA to keep on topic: also in the text Waterfield makes the connection between the Kabbalistic base-ten system and the Pythagorean (ibid).

Thank you:)

firecatpickles

no prob

I'm sure that book is published in your language.