The Faeries Oracle - any change with favorites or least favorites

faunabay

The Faeries Oracle - any change with favorites and least favorites

This isn't in the book, but I'm curious.....Since we've all had time to work with the faeries now have your favorite or least favorite cards changed????

I don't think mine have changed, but I've added some I absolutely love!!!!

The Oak Men - They have such strong, calm and serene faces. Has anyone noticed that different faces appear if you turn the card upside down???? :)

The Piper - whoa, sexy sexy woohoo LOL

faunabay

I never really noticed until recently but the faery on the cover of the book and box is not in the deck with the others!! Does anyone know anything about her???? She's very beautiful!!
Jewel is she in the Good Faeries/Bad Faeries book?

Spasticgirlie

I dont think mine have really changed. However, I dont find myself feeling all i dont know the word when I look at the dark lady anymore. And I havent worked with her or anything either. So maybe I am just getting use to that look of hers. I dont know.

Hush

my favourite hasnt changed....i have a deeper understanding since working within the study group, but he is still what i am emotionally physically and spiritually drawn to.

as for my least favourite - the sage - i really dont know. i think i have a deeper understanding and think maybe instead of disliking him i am more willing to see his real nature and to learn from him.

Jimilyn

Any Changes?

Well, I still keep trying to decide whether I like The Faery Godmother or The Singer of Transfiguration the best. One day I choose one and the next day I choose the other. Sigh.

As far as my least favorite...well, I'll stick with the one I chose (The Soul Shrinker), although I really like him now that I've read his meaning. However, I think I chose that card because it was something that I needed to think about and take to heart. There were certain areas of my life in which I was definitely contributing to The Soul Shrinker's pain. He has definitely made me more aware of what I say and how I say it. I think of him often, and it has really helped. Which is what he wants. :)

Can I have two favorites??? Please, please, pretty please! C'mon, lemme have two favorites. ;)

Jimilyn

Rhiannon

Looking thru them again I really like Luathas the Wild. He was in my original favorites pile too. He's all about instant gratification and that is one of my favorite things. He just looks like so much fun. But I suppose he'd really be very exhausting to be around.

One of my least faves is the Glanconer. He's just so darn smug about everything. He takes what you want and twists it around and makes you go for it and then yanks the rug out from under you. Maybe he and I can come to an understanding..... later.

Still sticking with my originals but I had opinions about these guys that I thought I could share as well.

Rhiannon :)

faunabay

Re: Any Changes?

Jimilyn said:

Can I have two favorites??? Please, please, pretty please! C'mon, lemme have two favorites. ;)

Jimilyn

Of course you can!!!! LOL I have 3 now. :)

If I HAD to pick one it'd be the Faery kissed by the Pixies but it is by a very, very, very slim margin. My other two are the Green Woman (makes me smile every single time I see her) and the Oak men (so solid and dependable, very comforting).

mooncat2

No, no changes. I'll stick to my original choices although I've also gathered up several more favourites. But that pixie-kissed fairy is still out in front by a short margin.

Thought I felt better about the Soul Shrinker after I read the book interpretation but I drew him the other day and the first instinctive reaction was just the same so he's definitely trying to tell me something I haven't figured out yet.

Jimilyn

Thanks, faunabay! :) I have the hardest time choosing between the two cards. I went with the Faery Godmother because she was more concrete...although I was drawn to the abstract Singer of Transfiguration, I didn't quite know how to work with the abstractness at the time. But that's the card image that keeps coming to mind. So maybe my favorite faery is picking *ME*! LOL ;)

mooncat, the Soul Shrinker has some definite things to say to me as well. I do feel better about the card than I did at first, but still wouldn't want to have to pull it. Sorta like he's saying..."OK, you didn't get the message, so here I am again."

Jimilyn

Jewel

faunabay said:
I never really noticed until recently but the faery on the cover of the book and box is not in the deck with the others!! Does anyone know anything about her???? She's very beautiful!!
Jewel is she in the Good Faeries/Bad Faeries book?

Yes she is :) ... I will look her up for you. You should really get that book, you would love it!

As for my favorite and least favorite cards ... hmmmmmm ... well yes I suppose they have changed, primarily based on experiences I have had with each card. I think my new favorite card is Arval Parrot *LOL*. I was at a conference and drew him 2 days in a row (the days I was there), business relationships that sprouted out were AMAZING! I think my least favorite card remains the same though (The Dark Lady) although Luathas the Wild may be starting to give her some competition :)

I have ceremoniously drawn a card of the day for 5 weeks (today starts my 6th). I find it interesting how events in my day do fit in with their energies usually. Yesterday, Beltane, I had the Oak Men ... I just loved that! (I love that card too Faunabay).

Well that is my report for now :)