Learning From the Books

truthsayer

i thought that tarot for yourself was just re-published this year b/c i have both the first ed. and the newest ed. i bought last summer. i'm pretty sure it is in publication.

floracove

Trogon, don't feel so sad...
I have only one deck with book, the Mythic Tarot. I also have a Major Arcana deck, the Love Tarot.
And I feel quite privledged to have them, as they are hard to come by, considering where I live.
Be Happy!

I have read a few other books that I could get my hands on.
Although, I need to give more time to their study, I do not feel all that at home in the books, I feel that I should just know them....which I know comes with practice.

*there's just not enough hours in a days time to do all that needs and begs for attention.*

Trogon

floracove said:
Trogon, don't feel so sad... [snip] Be Happy!

*sniiiff* okay... ;)

floracove said:
I have read a few other books that I could get my hands on.
Although, I need to give more time to their study, I do not feel all that at home in the books, I feel that I should just know them....which I know comes with practice.

*there's just not enough hours in a days time to do all that needs and begs for attention.*

My limited experience has shown me that having more than one book on the Tarot is definitely a good idea. You can start learning basics from any one of the many very good books on Tarot, but I feel like I've only started reaching an actual understanding of the Tarot when I began reading the other books. Of course along with those other books, I also found Aeclectic Tarot (sure hope Solandia is reading this ;) ) and I also started my Tarot journal. My point being, that getting the other, sometimes very different, viewpoints on the Tarot has been very helpful to me in my learning.

I definitely agree about there not being enough hours for everything... sometimes feel like the proverbial chicken with it's head cut off... ;)