How do you really use these?

danny.mac85

I purchased a set of Messages from your Angels oracle cards by Doreen Virtue. I found them sweet and beautiful but stumped really on how to actually apply them. Yes they have the meanings written out on them and some more print in the companion book but I don't know how to Apply them like you do Tarot cards to match to a situation or question that you have. Soo confused here, and would love some advice!=)

Genna

Just shuffle then while asking your angels for a message. You can also do a three card spread for past, present, future, If you don´t like the future card; ask how you can change it and draw a card. They are great for meditation too. They work like tarot cards really. Good luck!

Alta

Personally I generally only draw one or two, though I have done a Past-Present-Future as genna mentions. Then just think about the card in relation to the situation of concern.

Alta

Aerin

I tend to use them just for a one card draw for the day/week/month, or when I am feeling down and need a "tonic" card.

Rev_Vesta

For me personally with any of Doreen Virtue Decks.....

Starting with just one card a day and journaling it is really important.......
Sit quietly with your deck and ask for guidance from your Angels.........
Then choose one card...Look at the image, Look at the Meaning and apply it to your situation.....Symbolically.....

Then start doing three cards- look at the images first...write down first impressions...then look at the meanings from the cards-then look at book as last resort.....

Then start doing 5, 6, 7, 9 card readings looking at the first sentence of the card...and eleaborate from that......

This is something that takes time...... and patience.........
connecting with your deck everyday......

have fun

Vesta

danny.mac85

Thank you everybody who answered, really informative! I really do think they are wonderful cards, I was just having a hard time figuring out how to use them with the written messages on them and you guys helped alot, thanks and many thanks agian.....

hunter

In the past I have used Dorian Virtue decks to supplement a tarot reading.

I can get really traumatized by Dorian decks. I have some serious traumas in my past and present and some of her cards basically say everything is wonderful and if we are upset, we just need to change our negative thinking. I have screamed and thrown the cards across the room while using some foul language.

Just remember to use the card and text as a GUIDE to jumpstart YOUR intuition. The text is not a pronouncement from the creator, that you are a selfish, whiny screwup.

iceclone

I just saw this oracle deck of hers, the archangel michael oracle. I was thinking of buying it because I try to communicate with angels when I'm doing readings sometimes... would you recommend this oracle?

Rev_Vesta

I pre-ordered it and am now waiting for it's delivery...

then i will let you know...lol just kidding....

I am sure you will love the deck as with any of Doreen's decks......

Vesta

hunter

A friend and I ordered the new Michael deck for a friend and it's in the mail to her. I saw the deck at Barnes and Nobles. I hope she likes it. She is a real Michael fan. She lives a distance away so we thought she would get it quicker mailed to her, than if we bought it and waited will we had time to make the drive.