Under-rated Oracle Decks

WolfyJames

Wicca Pack: I bought the deck after seeing a few scans and I've fallen in love with the artist Danuta Mayer. She draws beautifully but at the same time there is a primitive/primal aspect to her art that makes it fascinating. The deck is a good wiccan deck as well.

Fairy Pack: Danuta Mayer made the art for that oracle too and I had to put my hands on it as well. Again the cards are beautiful and I find that interesting to see the author of the deck included fairies of other countries instead of just Europe. It's my favorite fairy deck but we all know how many there are out there. The deck is not too fluffy too.

Good Witch Bad Witch: I've fallen in love head over heels the first time I saw it, with the artist Emma Garner too, I constantly check to see if any deck with her art is out. This deck is more into Witchcraft and Paganism than the Wicca Pack that is really focused on a path in particular. Yet the witchcraft and pagan aspects are downplayed so I think anyone can use them without having to know anything on the subjects. The cards are really cute, adorable and whimsical. The Witches are very chatty and invite you to join in.

Celtic Wisdom: here is another deck by Emma Garner I've grabbed and love. Again the cards are beautiful and the celtic setting is quite interesting. It's my second favorite deck by Emma Garner.

Fairies Wisdom: here is another deck by Emma Garner I've grabbed too. It's adorable as well, I just wish half the images were not taken by the titles and meanings though, it cuts her art in half, it breaks my heart. While I find it cute it's not as indepth as the Fairy Pack.

Fortune Teller's Deck: I wanted a good looking playing cards deck to replace the one I liked and that got ruined by beef broth. I saw many times screenshots of that deck on websites but couldn't really know which deck it was and I was sure it was an historical deck and therefore impossible to acquire, so I was kind of despererate here. Up until I saw a website where they were showing many more screenshots of the deck and this place gave the name of the deck. So I found it on Amazon and got it there. It's beautifully drawned by hand on wood and the wood gives an aged look to the deck. The court cards are beautiful as well as the aces, and all the cards of course. I like how Jane Lyle doesn't put bad rap on the Spaces/Swords court cards in the deck.

Sibillas: these are rarely heard of, extremely hard to find, the informations on how to use them are even harder to find, and yet they are so wonderful and fun to use, and much easier than a plain playing cards deck (cartomancy) and more intuitive. I've got a few.

Promise

Pages of Shustah

It took me forever to find a deck & book set, and I'll admit, when I finally got it...I kind of hated it. The book is ridiculously intimidating and complicated, but I finally just got over it and started going through the book slowly, taking my own notes as I went along, and pulling cards. For me, it works predictively and meditatively, and for personal introspection and growth. The imagery seems simple and almost generic at first, but sometimes those are the most powerful images of all.

And if you can sort of the language of the book, it makes sense. Sometimes. Occasionally. Almost.

Umbrae

YOu may want to check out next issue of Timeless Spirit magazine (online, do a search).

There's gonna be a review of three under-rated oracles.

AJ

Chronata said:
Angel ynx http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/angelynx/

Powerful deck, using both images and words, and both sides of the brain at once. I always forget about these, and then they give me this amazing reading, and I can't believe I don't use them more often
these quite remind me of the Froud Seekers. Lovely

MareSaturni

My favorite underrated deck:

The Playing Card Oracles.

Yes, i have defended it's honor here a gazillion times, so i won't fill your ears again. But i just love it. And the more i use it, the better i become, and the more i love it. And Ana Cortez is a really nice person (yep, talked to her!) :)

Fairy Pack & Wicca Pack

Both by the same artist - both beautiful decks! I just love them, and they read very well! There are so many fairy lovers here, it's a wonder the Fairy Pack is so underrated!

Oracle of the Grail Code

Are you kidding? How can this be underrated? Well it is - at least i never see anyone talking about it here. I LOVE this deck - my mother loves this deck - heck, every girl i know who has used this deck likes it. It's so straightforward, and so beautiful. I'm always surprised by the accuracy of this deck!

faunabay

AJ said:
these quite remind me of the Froud Seekers. Lovely
ooh the little answer deck reminders you of the froud seekers. I have to look this one up!!

Bodhran, I don't think the Fairy Pack is hard to find, it's just not a deck people talk about much. I know that amazon had it in stock not too long ago.

edited to add: I just went and checked on the Answer Deck. This reminds you of the Froud Seekers????? I could only see the small scans but don't see it myself. :confused:

MCsea

Great question
and I have enjoyed reading everyones answers too...

For me - Doreen Virtue seems to cop a bad wrap -
I do think they are the most judged deck..people see them in one light - they love them or not..
I find them very very useful.. particularly reading for children, the elderly (who are often scared of oracles and the like) and - well just for ME - they never let me down (but I dont often use the little instruction book that comes with them)...

I know some here LOVE them - and others actively demonstrate against them.. but I thought Id put my vote in ;)
(no I dont work for her either !!)

blessings

MARINA
PS this thread has got me looking at new decks for my collection!

AJ

faunabay said:
ooh the little answer deck reminders you of the froud seekers. I have to look this one up!!

edited to add: I just went and checked on the Answer Deck. This reminds you of the Froud Seekers????? I could only see the small scans but don't see it myself. :confused:
I fixed my post, I trimmed the wrong part of her quote...

BodhiSeed

I REALLY like that AngeLynx deck! Especially after reading the review of it here on AT.

Looking forward to what that Dan guy has to say about under-rated decks when the next issue of Timeless Spirit comes out.:D

Promise, I have the Pages of Shustah, but I know what you mean about the book! When I first got it I had flashbacks to trying to read Waite's book for the RWS... Seaqueen (of AT) posted about a blog by Ken Foor called the Daily Shustah. He's been using this deck for a long time... I went through all his posts and made notes in my book about all the cards. Now my book makes much more sense!:D
http://dailyshustah.blogspot.com/search/label/Angel of Death

faunabay

AJ said:
I fixed my post, I trimmed the wrong part of her quote...
OH! Ok, yes I do see that comparison! :D