Soul Cards - how "dangerous" are they ?

ana luisa

I've read many posts on these cards. I am aware they bring to the surface very deep feelings and may be traumatic on a psychological level. I can handle this. Now, to psychics and mediums in this forum, I have a question: are these cards risky as far as calling entities or bad energies? Something like a "paper" Ouija Board ... I don't mind their somber aspect because their message overpowers the brown and black tones. Any thoughts ?

HearthCricket

Think about it. The cards are Mass Marketed. There are thousands of copies out there that people are using. They don't come with an evil spirit. They are just a tool. But do you really need a tool to connect with evil spirits? Bad influences/entities, etc. are out there no matter what. They make themselves known without the help of a card or any other divination system. They break all barriers. Just like we don't have to go "ghost hunting". Ghosts and spirits find us. We don't need to seek them out. Soul cards might help you work with your own inner demons and may work as a doorway for those around you to be more aware of what is surrounding them. But regardless of cards or not, if there is something bad hanging around, it will let itself be known. Just my thoughts from personal experience.

Mojo Twin 2

It's been said many times here and elsewhere, that tarot and oracle cards are paper and ink. Any negative stuff that comes up in using cards is all yours.

Only you can answer the question of whether these cards will work well with you. The cards themselves are quite lovely and seem to be capable of evoking or stimulating your intuition.

Good luck and bring light, love and wisdom to your oracles and your spirituality as well.

ana luisa

Thank you for your replies !! :thumbsup: I am going to order them after all your encouragement. I know cards are JUST paper and ink. In themselves, they do not "carry" anything unless (and that's what I believe personally) they belonged to someone else before you buy them. I could never go inside pawn shops: I would leave the place literally sick ... The reason I asked was that some decks "seem" dangerous to handle. The Giger, for instance, is one I would give away in a heartbeat ! So, in a nutshell, I'm embarking in this soul trip. Let's see what it can teach me :)

214red

the cards themselves like a ouiji board dont have anything bad to them as they are just objects, its how we use them and what we beleive. If you are asking for spiritual contact without asking for protection or any intention then i think thats a silly thing to do, however you might not have any adverse reactions, however if you do try and summon energies to you its wise to know what your doing.

its not about the cards its how you personally use them

shadowdancer

I attend a weekly spiritual development group (not psychic stuff, more self awareness and improvement, although at times we do have practise at aspects from that realm such as healing, mediumship, psychometry)

We all have to draw one of these cards each week and really examine what our soul is telling us on a deep level. Sometimes it is difficult, but as the weeks have gone by, we are finding the process easier and less stressful. Many of us actually are now open and enjoying the process. They have become none threatening and non intimidating.

I think it takes time to get over that initial feeling of discomfort. They are there to make you resonate with your soul self, and as such it is an eye opener for sure. I have actually got both sets on order now and look forward to taking my own set with me each week. Usually we pass the decks around and draw a card each, but if you are at the end of the queue, your selection is a little restricted accordingly.

I did have the 'big scream' card on my very first draw of the deck. I guess my conscious self did baulk somewhat, and I still don't know how I was supposed to interpret it, but once I reminded myself it was my soul trying to tell me something - nothing more and nothing less, I let go of that fear.

I do not see them as calling in entities or energies that could cause problems. They are there for us to converse with our soul or subconscious and examine what it is we should be aware of.

Davina

Wendywu

Davina - I have the first deck; do you recommend that I get the second as well? I'd like to try a weekly shadow work session with these cards - I never really worked with them before. I did the whole of the Shadow Work book with a tarot deck, but would like to have a further dig around using these Soul cards...

shadowdancer

difficult to say Wendy. If you use the first deck and get on okay with it I would say for sure - get the second and merge them together. They are pretty seamless with regards imagery (backs may have a slightly different shade but nothing really too noticeable that it would look weird).

If you have not used them before, and are not sure how you would get on with them, maybe just try the one deck to start with. That way you haven't spent a lot of money on something you may not use. These may be the kind of cards that would not go quickly in trades :)

Davina

HearthCricket

I really like them, though the art can be pretty bizarre at times! Pulling a card or two, or just picking out the one that best illustrates the way you feel at this time is very therapeutic. It allows you to vent your feelings in a safe environment and sometimes even laugh at yourself. It makes you face yourself with honesty.

Rev_Vesta

I love these cards... the way the images draw you into them, open doorways, portals into your uncounscious Soul....

They are a great tool to use on your Shadow journey......

Drawing a card ..... writing down everything you see within each card opens your mind to new possibilities.......

I have found them incredibly enlightening within my journey........