Most Unusual Oracle?

Dusk Till Dawn

Wow, what nice Decks OnePotato and Canid!
Even thogh it´s not an Oracle, my vote is for Konxari.

canid

OnePotato said:
The Golden Beetle Oracle is one of the most unusual things I've ever seen.

Edit: I've started a thread of its own, with more photos.

I saw the other thread - THAT is really cool! Lucky...

canid

WolfyJames said:
I don't think there is such a thing as an unusual oracle. Unlike tarot that has a specific form, anything goes with oracles, hence the impossibility for them to be "unusual". Oracles allow much more freedom to creators.

Maybe she just meant uncommon, not commonly seen or used. Hard to find, & because of that, unknown?

greatdane

Thank you, Candis!

Exactly. That's exactly what I meant by unusual oracles. I know that oracles can be made with just about anything, but there seems to be many especially unique oracles.

GD

BodhiSeed

Well I made an oracle based on the 12 Steps of AA and Al-anon; I posted pictures under the "Oracle" section.
Being inspired by the "junk oracles," I recently started collecting and designing a button oracle with a spreadcloth.
Can't help but be inspired to create something with all these wildly creative ATers around!

greatdane

Thanks for sharing, Bodhran!

I have to go check it out because it sounds amazing. I know what you mean about the creativity here. I love reading about all the oracles or bags and so many other items people have designed. I also enjoy reading their thoughts about, well, everything. AT is a wonderful, supportive, creative place to be.

Master_Margarita

lightbug said:
Love that Master Margarita - inner bonding and "I am Big" are my favourites. I'd buy this deck... love the photography :)
Thanks, lightbug! :) It's mostly just collage mixed in with personal photographs.

:heart: M_M~

Rosanne

I made a Rubik's Cube Oracle- which I never wish to solve. The Giant 3x3x3
54 spaces allowed.
9 For each fire,water,earth and air. Pictures with symbols on colours Fire got red, water blue etc
18 big symbols 9 good things like Love, 9 bad things like Hate.
I take the first 3 digits of phone number and twist L/R/Up turning the cube anti- clockwise as I go the number of times of the phone number.
No, not 347 times 3 left/4right/7up for example. Then the Gold Painted dot is the 9 squares face I read. Starting top Left corner. A bit like a LeNormand layout. I never re twist it back- just on to the next reading.

It is fun.

~Rosanne

greatdane

M_M and Rosanne

You are two incredibly creative and thinking-out-of-the-box people!

GD

blackroseivy

:D I am still creating an "oracle" (? Tarot-based however) that I have used & that works for me.

I use Tarot "stones", which is a hard-to-find set that I got from a trade on here. I invented my own way to cast them. I have a sticker on my table of a sun/moon-face that has the phases of the moon around it. I took a large piece of very heavy-stock paper/card & stamped a compass on it & made 4 spaces around it for NW, NE, SE & SW respectively, as my own board; these provide me with a basis for reading the stones with the Elements & directions indicating what area they affect, much as the Minors in the deck represent these things. (The "stones" represent the Majors.)

My own idea is to package up this board & make tiny 3-dimensional symbols that are representative of each Major, to "cast" on the board. I have made a few - the 1st 5 I think - from Sculpey, but ultimately I really want to use "metal clay" & fire them! :D I would love it if they were silver - possibly with gold plating for those whose elemental associations would warrant that going over it - but it's VERY expensive & I haven't been able to do this yet.

I want to complete this idea & do my Tarots, maybe "publish" them all myself, just to get the idea out there. :)