Most Unusual Oracle?

greatdane

blackroseivy

Wow, I think that would be a great idea! I would love to learn more. I think you SHOULD get this out there. I'm sure many would find it unique and appealing and worthwhile.

GD

canid

blackroseivy said:
:D I am still creating an "oracle" (? Tarot-based however) that I have used & that works for me.

I use Tarot "stones", which is a hard-to-find set that I got from a trade on here. I invented my own way to cast them. I have a sticker on my table of a sun/moon-face that has the phases of the moon around it. I took a large piece of very heavy-stock paper/card & stamped a compass on it & made 4 spaces around it for NW, NE, SE & SW respectively, as my own board; these provide me with a basis for reading the stones with the Elements & directions indicating what area they affect, much as the Minors in the deck represent these things. (The "stones" represent the Majors.)

My own idea is to package up this board & make tiny 3-dimensional symbols that are representative of each Major, to "cast" on the board. I have made a few - the 1st 5 I think - from Sculpey, but ultimately I really want to use "metal clay" & fire them! :D I would love it if they were silver - possibly with gold plating for those whose elemental associations would warrant that going over it - but it's VERY expensive & I haven't been able to do this yet.

I want to complete this idea & do my Tarots, maybe "publish" them all myself, just to get the idea out there. :)

They had to have been mine. My tarot/enochian system stones? Are they painted on glass? Do you like them?

canid

Rosanne said:
I made a Rubik's Cube Oracle- which I never wish to solve. The Giant 3x3x3
54 spaces allowed.
9 For each fire,water,earth and air. Pictures with symbols on colours Fire got red, water blue etc
18 big symbols 9 good things like Love, 9 bad things like Hate.
I take the first 3 digits of phone number and twist L/R/Up turning the cube anti- clockwise as I go the number of times of the phone number.
No, not 347 times 3 left/4right/7up for example. Then the Gold Painted dot is the 9 squares face I read. Starting top Left corner. A bit like a LeNormand layout. I never re twist it back- just on to the next reading.

It is fun.

~Rosanne

How cool, Rosanne! So many creatives here...that's an awesome idea.

blackroseivy

canid said:
They had to have been mine. My tarot/enochian system stones? Are they painted on glass? Do you like them?

Those sound wonderful but no, this is something that was put out some time ago, called "Miracles, Money & Mastery Through the Tarot" by Timothy Hanley.

If only they WERE Enochian, that's what I'm studying & these are merely crude symbols standing for each of the Majors. The book has them reading like a deck which is stupid, why not just use cards??

blackroseivy

canid said:
How cool, Rosanne! So many creatives here...that's an awesome idea.

Yeah, I LOVE the Rubik's Cube concept! They'd no doubt publish THAT one somewhere, sell it, sell it! I'd buy one! :D

greatdane

Never realized there were so many....

interesting oracles out there! It's been illuminating and fun to read all your posts. Thank you for sharing.

GD