Well Worn Path deck???!!!!

WhiteRaven

I still haven't received it yet. I'm presuming that it will arrive sometime this week.....hopefully :)

From what I see online, the artwork is quite nice. Can't wait till actually see it in my hands tho. I hope I will be able to connect to this deck as well as I have with the Faeries Oracle. We shall see.....

Thanks for the replies....much appreciated! :)

sagewriter

i finally gave in and bought this deck. i have seen various threads, and a few pictures. but i just had to have it for some reason! i don't even need another deck, i'm quite happy with my Faeries Oracle. oh well, it's a christmas present to myself, hehehe!

DarkElectric

Mine's still not here yet, I've not had the money to put in the bank for Amazon to cash the check against :(
I imagine I'll have it by Yule, though!

sharpchick

With so many getting the deck, maybe we could have a study group. . .

WhiteRaven

Mine isn't here yet either from Amazon...however, it's being held up by another purchase I made at the same time...(Game Cube game for son)....they are shipping them at the same time....but estimated shipment is no later than the 8th of December.

sagewriter

yay! mine arrived! it's so different to anything i've worked with before!

catlin

Hi Sagewriter,
Please tell us more about it: I still have this deck on my wish list so I'd love to hear more about it.

sharpchick

I love the little details in the art on the cards. . . for example, the cards depicting the tools include the chest in which they are kept. The latch on the chest changes from card to card, revealing the element attributed to the tool. The same goes for the latch on the BOS (Book of Shadows) in the cards depicting the laws of Wicca. . the image formed by the latch changes from card to card.

I also love the suggested method for studying the cards given in the accompanying book. The author suggests that first, the student read completely through the book, using the "alignment" section for each card. If you do that, you are taken through a story about travelling the well worn path. . . Makes it very easy to remember the symbolism, as well as things that will likely come up in the journey along the well worn path as the student progresses in Wicca.

Excellent deck - for the study of Wicca, as well as spiritual guidance readings.

faunabay

After reading what you all have posted about this deck I just had to order it. :D
And for those who haven't gotten one yet I found a merchant on amazon.com that has these for only $5!! It said there may be highlight marks on some copies but didn't really specify much about that so I emailed them. They said they had a couple copies that were in "like new" condition with no highlight marks at all. So you might want to check this out and see if they have any left. I haven't gotten my copy yet but I'm excited to get it now after reading what you all have said. :*

sagewriter

Well it comes in a cute box, you open it up and there is a book inside. There is also a ready-to-make tarot box, and a tarot bag for you deck! (i discarded the box and kept the bag).

the cards themselves fit easily into the hand and shuffle very nicely. I've only used them twice, and have yet to get to know them, but they seem easy to work with.

:)