Ogham: The Celtic Oracle

Bat Chicken

I bounced back and forth on this one. The images are beautiful, but as I have mixed feelings about Pracowniks art, I have kept saying no. I didn't end up liking the Dragon Tarot as much as I thought I would.... I am also disturbed by the cloaked figures! I just cannot get off the fence, so having it go OOP saves me the trouble! :)

I would be interested to hear what the book is like for info....

Leo62 just sent me the Murray one. I quite like it....

For those of you who like art - have a look at the Green Man Tree Oracle - by the same artist as the Druid Animal Oracle and the DruidCraft Tarot..... now that one is cool.... this is the only link I could find:
http://www.holisticshop.co.uk/itemdetl.php?itemprcd=DIVGMANORAC

Myrrha

Bat Chicken said:
For those of you who like art - have a look at the Green Man Tree Oracle - by the same artist as the Druid Animal Oracle and the DruidCraft Tarot..... now that one is cool.... this is the only link I could find:
http://www.holisticshop.co.uk/itemdetl.php?itemprcd=DIVGMANORAC

Wow!! The other tree oracles I've seen have been so plain that it felt like just the name of the tree. With this one the trees look like people, they have presence. That is really lovely and interesting.
--Myrrha

Jewel

Myrrha said:
Wow!! The other tree oracles I've seen have been so plain that it felt like just the name of the tree. With this one the trees look like people, they have presence. That is really lovely and interesting.
--Myrrha

The Greenman Tree Oracle is really nice. I have that one. I like pulling it out when I use my Druid Craft and Druid Animal Oracle. Great cards to meditate with.

room

I just bought this oracle by Peter Pracownik, and I love the art and the large cards. The colouring and imagery is very dramatic.

I have the Green Man Tree Oracle and the Celtic Tree Oracle as well. I bought "Ogam: The Celtic Oracle of the Trees: Understanding, Casting, and Interpreting the Ancient Druidic Alphabet" by Paul Rhys Mountfort a few weeks ago.

The Runic Tarot also has a full ogham deck that you can separate from the rest of the cards, and I have found some of the trees are in the Tree Magick deck too just for comparison.

faunabay

room said:
I just bought this oracle by Peter Pracownik, and I love the art and the large cards. The colouring and imagery is very dramatic.

Where did you end up finding it? Since it's out of print it's a bit difficult to find. So just curious.

room

faunabay said:
Where did you end up finding it? Since it's out of print it's a bit difficult to find. So just curious.

Really, and I thought it was newish since it says it was published in Dec. 2005. Ogham isn't something I'm knowledgeable about so I'm just starting and didn't realize it was OOP.

I bought mine online from Chapters in Canada. It's still listed for $26.79 CAD with shipping in 24 hours. ISBN: 157281490X

6 Haunted Days

El said:
They are rare to find and OOP.

I have the deck and the box and I would be willing to scan the cards in so that someone could see the whole deck.

They have them on Amazon and a bunch of new and used sellers for 23.00, I don't think they are hard to find or rare, unless you are talking about another deck.

6 Haunted Days

faunabay said:
They have it on amazon for 23.00, so I imagine a lot of other places have it as well.

Mariana

I just found this thread. Some people seem to think this deck is OOP, but I'd be surprised about that. Our local shop has several of them, I bought mine half a year ago. The art is beautiful. What I love about it, is that it's very atmospheric. You feel what the cards mean through the landscape you're drawn into. The colours are just amazing.

Jewel

Mariana thanks for sharing. I still have not gotten this one, but it is on my wishlist. If anyone has one they want to do a trade for just let me know.