Nigel Jackson oracle...

6 Haunted Days

rachelcat said:
Oh, good idea. It might a certain print run. I'll check my set to see which cards are fuzzy and if I can determine a date or printing. I'll let you know!

Which of your cards is slightly out of focus? Just the Green Knight and the Sword like mine?

Also I see you own the Inner Child cards, I was asking about them in the Tarot forum, how have you liked working with them? I found a set (1st print,hardcover) on Amazon for only $6 so I quickly bought it. Really looking forward to them!

6 Haunted Days

room said:
I'm sorry you both have cards with this problem. Makes me glad I didn't spend a lot of money tracking them down--bit of a crapshoot as to what you get maybe? Well there must be other copies around, maybe you'll have some success in replacing it.

Yes I am glad I only paid $10 plus shipping, but I am still very glad I got them, it's only those 2 cards, and the images aren't ruined or anything. And the artwork on the other cards is outstanding. At some point I MUST get the Nigel Jackson Tarot. Though right now I am on a crazed hunt too try and find someone who want to trade for an Illuminated Tarot.

rachelcat

Hi, 6 Haunted and room. Well, I guess it IS a crap shoot, because the fuzziest of my cards is the Flower Maiden. It's definitely misprinted. Like the black line part was doubled. In a few others, the black lines look a little lighter than they should.

The decks seem to be pretty regularly available on eBay. Maybe I should get another copy and then mix and match the clearest cards. Hey, maybe then I could send you the Green Knight and the Sword??!! I'll check it out.

(I saw your post on the Inner Child Cards, I just didn't get around to replying yet! I'll go other there soon!)

ilweran

I have this deck and the colours aren't correctly aligned on about half of them :(

Luckily when I ordered it I thought it was just the book so I don't feel out of pocket. I have an uncoloured set of the cards from the publisher Capell Bann which is why I was happy to just get the book.

6 Haunted Days

ilweran said:
I have this deck and the colours aren't correctly aligned on about half of them :(

Luckily when I ordered it I thought it was just the book so I don't feel out of pocket. I have an uncoloured set of the cards from the publisher Capell Bann which is why I was happy to just get the book.

Well that sucks, I'm sorry the cards are so messed up. Seems to me then that it's a crapshoot when you buy the set too how messed up it's going to be.

And uncoloured cards? Cool! I could those being even better, you'd get too colour them yourself with perhaps pencils or whatnot. Where on earth did you get those?! Have you ever coloured them?

ilweran

6 Haunted Days said:
And uncoloured cards? Cool! I could those being even better, you'd get too colour them yourself with perhaps pencils or whatnot. Where on earth did you get those?! Have you ever coloured them?

You can get them from www.capallbann.co.uk

When I was looking for this deck there weren't any second-hand on Amazon. The cards are not laminated and I seem to remember the backs are different, possibly plain. I've not coloured them yet, although I have been thinking about it, especially now I have the book.

yaraluna

i was looking for info on this deck sometime ago. i have the book but no deck and was wondering how to get it.

thanks for sharing
yara

6 Haunted Days

ilweran said:

I did finally get the uncoloured "cards" from Capall Bann a month or so ago. I say "cards" because at least mine are not cards at all! They're images of each card printed on paper, the backs have a small circle image on the back. It's really cool, but can't recall offhand what it was. I was expecting CARDS, so was a bit miffed to find printed papers :rolleyes: How can they in all honesty call these "cards"?

Anyways, I will have fun colouring them at some point! :)

I also ended up getting the full length book "The New Celtic Oracle", it's great! If you love the cards and the smaller book that came with it, you'll really want to get the full size expanded book. Plus it has even more and different artwork/illustrations from Nigel Jackson.

It's all the material the publisher cut from the small book with the set, and it wonderfully expands and deepens the meanings and interpertations of the cards!
I just love this strange oracle...it's very different but powerful. A shame it's OOP.

ilweran

Mine are on card not paper, maybe they just print them out on whatever they have to hand?

In other related news, I managed to pick up a second copy of the original and found that different cards were misaligned in it so I pretty much have a decent copy now - although it does suggest they had major printing issues and terrible quality control with this deck.

I might have to get the extended book, sounds interesting :D

6 Haunted Days

ilweran said:
Mine are on card not paper, maybe they just print them out on whatever they have to hand?

In other related news, I managed to pick up a second copy of the original and found that different cards were misaligned in it so I pretty much have a decent copy now - although it does suggest they had major printing issues and terrible quality control with this deck.

I might have to get the extended book, sounds interesting :D

Finding this out, I think I'll write them and ask what's up. Perhaps it was a mistake? I'd much prefer cards, obviously :laugh:

Yes, this deck's printing sure had issues, if I see a cheaper copy I'll buy it and will hopefully be able to replace my blurry cards....the Green Knight, Ace of Swords and Flower Maiden.

It's a wonderful oracle, very beautiful! It should get re-printed with the high quality it deserves :)