The Little Window Tarot

MrsOnePotato

Debra said:
That's so funny, MrsOP--We have snow peas in the farmers markets now and I've been eating them raw, so I saw that banner as peas in a pod.... and thought how clever you are to have this elegant symbol of fertility with your regal Empress....just goes to show!

Hi Debra,
Yes, I really like that you saw peas in a pod...that's perfect! I deliberately stylized the design so it would not be immediately clear, but rather open to interpretation. I want people to be able to see things in them, beyond what I've put there.

The Justice card is cooperating nicely...I should have it ready to post this weekend!

:) MrsOP

Debra

Well, I love her posture, her feather/sword, scales, coloration, everything except...her facial expression. I believe in justice and see it as a good card. I wonder why justice here looks so glum? (Perhaps she just got called for jury duty?)

MrsOnePotato

Debra said:
Well, I love her posture, her feather/sword, scales, coloration, everything except...her facial expression. I believe in justice and see it as a good card. I wonder why justice here looks so glum? (Perhaps she just got called for jury duty?)

Hi Debra,
Now that you mention it, her mouth does look very downturned in the photo...it was meant to look more serious than glum, like the expression on the statue of liberty.

There is so much texture in the surface of the oil pastel...it might actually be a lighting thing. I'll check out the drawing...I'm sure with a few tiny alterations I can give her a more appropriate expression. Thanks for pointing that out!

Best,
MrsOnePotato

P.S. - One day down and not picked for a trial yet!

The 78th Fool

Wow !!

These really are fantastic ! And the medium is so unusual. The Sun is my favourite but the Chariot is really clever too. I'm working on a Marseilles based deck too at the moment yet it's fascinating to see how two people can take such different approaches to the same theme. I'll be eager to see any new developments.

Chris. xx

Bat Chicken

I missed this thread somehow!
These are really cool!:)

MrsOnePotato

Thank you 78th Fool!
Thank you Bat Chicken!
It's always nice to hear comments from other artists...I appreciate your kind words.

I started The Tower card this weekend (second attempt). The last one just got too chaotic. Hopefully I will have something more to show soon...

Best,
MrsOnePotato

almandine

I just happened to come across this thread and I must say WOW! You are very talented and these cards just come to life! I love them all, especially the Fool and the Devil.

The cards are simple enough to be easy to read and pick out the symbolism, but the beautiful colors and the lighting effects you use make your artwork seem much more detailed. It's a great combination!

Keep up the good work- it is turning out so well!

MrsOnePotato

Thank you almandine!
Interesting that you like the Fool and the Devil best...they are so different looking! I still think the Hanged Man is my favorite...

:) MrsOnePotato

Durant Hapke

smooth...

Brothers, and Sisters,

Mrs. One Potato Two, is rocking out the rock star action here.

Brush work, and pallet? It's a kick.

Durant "I'll be there one day" Hapke