Page of Cups/Emperor as an action?

Annalise

As part of a larger spread, the question was "What action is x likely to take toward Y if they continue on their current path?" and the cards I pulled were Page of Cups and Emperor.

Page of cups is immature love (puppy love), and/or immature feelings of any kind generally, and the Emperor is about power and control. One didn't clarify another, I pulled 2 cards from the get go, looking for a combination.

I'm having a hard time transforming these meanings from feelings to action. Particularly the page of cups. I feel like the Emperor as action is simply taking control of the situation.

ncharge

Assuming the two cards refer to X and Y individually, my first thought was that the Page should listen to the Emperor, who in turn should mentor the Page. I suspect the cards were trying to say that the Page has things to learn and needs to understand that and the Emperor has things to teach and should realize that. That the Page needs to understand that the Emperor shows love by taking care of someone and the Page needs to perhaps learn to speak and appreciate the love language of the Emperor.

Sar

The baby fist in an iron glove perhaps?

JDusk

I tend to associate Page of Cups with creativity and emotional expressiveness. The imagery of the page bearing a cup, when translated to an action, also makes me think of an offering (in some decks more than others - take a close look at the imagery of yours for further clues). With the Emperor, I imagine this could translate as offering support (in the sense of stability, not encouragement - eg., "I might not approve of what you're doing, but I'll help you back up if you fall down."), perhaps acting as an emotional anchor of sorts.

There might also be a sort of paternal concern regarding Y's emotional maturity, or perhaps their half-baked ideas (this could be the Page, showing what spurs the Emperor into action) - which could also result in X taking control of the situation, as you suggested, or making some kind of decisive action.

Annalise

Assuming the two cards refer to X and Y individually, my first thought was that the Page should listen to the Emperor, who in turn should mentor the Page. I suspect the cards were trying to say that the Page has things to learn and needs to understand that and the Emperor has things to teach and should realize that. That the Page needs to understand that the Emperor shows love by taking care of someone and the Page needs to perhaps learn to speak and appreciate the love language of the Emperor.

No, not individually. The answer to what action is X likely to take was both cards as a combo. Just in regard to action X might take.

Annalise

The baby fist in an iron glove perhaps?

That imagery made me laugh.

I tend to associate Page of Cups with creativity and emotional expressiveness. The imagery of the page bearing a cup, when translated to an action, also makes me think of an offering (in some decks more than others - take a close look at the imagery of yours for further clues). With the Emperor, I imagine this could translate as offering support (in the sense of stability, not encouragement - eg., "I might not approve of what you're doing, but I'll help you back up if you fall down."), perhaps acting as an emotional anchor of sorts.

There might also be a sort of paternal concern regarding Y's emotional maturity, or perhaps their half-baked ideas (this could be the Page, showing what spurs the Emperor into action) - which could also result in X taking control of the situation, as you suggested, or making some kind of decisive action.

Thanks for that! Maybe X is taking control of the situation by offering emotional support?

Aset

For some reason I find this combination unsettling. Like an emotionally immature person trying to dominate and control everything.

Annalise

For some reason I find this combination unsettling. Like an emotionally immature person trying to dominate and control everything.

Well, that's certainly a possibility I suppose. This was specifically about a relationship though, a new one. I wonder if it's simply someone trying to take control of a new relationship?