Linweave Tarot-- any experience?

strings of life

^ I love that sun card! It reminds me of Peter Max's artwork as well.

I look at my deck pretty frequently. I love feeling the variations in card stock and the ink still looks so fresh.

And yes, this deck is one of my favorites.

Le Fanu

aurarcana said:
I should write a review for AT (I just noticed that there wasn't one)
This is also on my "to do" list! I've been meaning to write one ever since I received mine in the summer. I bought it off Scion in excellent condition. Did yours come with the instructions for laying out and entertaining your friends :D?

It would be a wonderful deck to analyse and write a review for.

For me, it is definitely a collector's piece to get out and contemplate the artwork's place in tarot history. I also bought it as it is a deck you just never see in Europe and so appealed to me for that reason. I had never seen one before I received mine and it really is a relic left over from another era. I wonder how many copies were actually made? Of all the artists, I find that Nicolas Sidjakov's work stands out as the weakest and Palladini's stands out as the strongest. That Ace of Swords is just spectacular. I also have the Emperor photographed on the screen of my mobile phone, which often attracts comments!

I have never read with it (the backs have distracting writing and corny comments about paper types), but it has such an atmosphere of hippy bookstores that I love it!

strings of life

* grabs box and empties contents *

"Linweave Spells Your Fortune"

The whole promotional aspect is what makes the deck so quirky! And, that insert (The Tarot Pack - it's mystery and fascination) with the history of Tarot...and the last paragraph about Linweave papers ;).

Mine also has the comment card, ha!

I have so many favorite images from this:

III - David Palladini - The Empress (appears in the later Aquarian deck)
V - Hy Roth - Jupiter
XVII - Ron Rae - The Sun

The ink is so fresh looking that it gives the illusion of it being wet when you look at it. It's striking.

I have found cheaper sets of copies missing cards, and am considering buying a copy so that I can frame some of the images.

DokLazlo

Have One.

I have one of these. The box is a little beat up but the cards are next to mint. Yes it is more of a collector's deck and I have never read with it. I particularly like the fool card (illustrated by David Palladini) because even though it is on a relatively dark red card-stock, it has a nice opaque ink used to bring the image out to the forefront. This allows him to have white skin despite the darker color of the card stock and there is a copper color that colors a snake that ravels around his neck that has a metallic quality to it. I made myself a pdf book of all the elements of the set (box, booklets, cards, etc) just in case I ever decide to get rid of it. I also have all of the image in jpeg in case I ever want to put them on my screen-saver. It's nice to magnify them in this way but the cards are already pretty big. I could see them being framed by someone. A great find for anyone who can ever get their hands on one.

garmonbozia

Been wanting one for years :(

Alta

I have looked through someone else's copy. A real collector's deck and the art was, as I recall, of quite a high standard.