Mary El Tarot - General Discussion

DaisyDragonfly

I was the same with the Hierophant card - and she was pretty much the very first card I pulled when I got the deck. Naturally!

But, just as with you guys, I figured out what she was saying and now I have no objections. I may not have the interpretation the artist intended, but I have one that works...

toj

I was the same with the Hierophant card - and she was pretty much the very first card I pulled when I got the deck. Naturally!

But, just as with you guys, I figured out what she was saying and now I have no objections. I may not have the interpretation the artist intended, but I have one that works...

After several days of getting acquainted with this deck, I find myself well suited for it and liking it more with each use. The Hierophant card has not popped up for me but I have had some interesting 3 card readings. I usually do a morning and an evening 3 card read. Two days in a row the morning reads were all cups with the 5 of cups being the only duplicate each time while the night reading one night was all 5's including the 5 of cups.

Wintergreen

After several days of getting acquainted with this deck, I find myself well suited for it and liking it more with each use. The Hierophant card has not popped up for me but I have had some interesting 3 card readings. I usually do a morning and an evening 3 card read. Two days in a row the morning reads were all cups with the 5 of cups being the only duplicate each time while the night reading one night was all 5's including the 5 of cups.

Yikes all 5s! There's been a lot of discussion about them. Differing opinions on them all through these threads.

toj

Where are the discussions about 5's and what are your thoughts? I am still getting used to the Mary-El and trying to get where I don't rely so heavily on the book but this reading was about relationship issues so it was actually pretty accurate. The 5's pulled in order were 5 of Cups, 5 of Swords and last the 5 of Wands.

Sulis

Where are the discussions about 5's and what are your thoughts? I am still getting used to the Mary-El and trying to get where I don't rely so heavily on the book but this reading was about relationship issues so it was actually pretty accurate. The 5's pulled in order were 5 of Cups, 5 of Swords and last the 5 of Wands.

There is an index of the cards and topics in this study group at the top of the Mary El forum HERE (click).

If you want to discuss a specific reading then you need to post the whole thing and your interpretation in Your Readings. The Your Readings posting rules are HERE (click).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups and Your Readings moderator

Wintergreen

I'm beginning to study the Mary El more intensely, and I'm wondering about how to structure my journal. I would normally order the minors with their suits, but am wondering why Marie has chosen to use numerical order in her book.

Do the suit characteristics dominate, or do the numerical characteristics create more coherence?

Any thoughts about this?

Bat Chicken

We organized the study group by the numerical order, but, if you want to try it yourself, lay out the cards according to suit and then according to number and see what feels right to you! :)

Wintergreen

We organized the study group by the numerical order, but, if you want to try it yourself, lay out the cards according to suit and then according to number and see what feels right to you! :)

I've been waffling for two days on this :D

Is there generally any reason why one way is preferred over the other?

Bat Chicken

Well, I think that the relationship of the minors to their numerically corresponding major is very important to this deck. Certain cards as I listed in the study group also work numerically - look at the elemental fours, the 4 archangels for the sixes, the 4 horsemen of the tens....