tarot and telling time

myura

Hi- so I am wondering if anyone has experience with using the cards to determine when an event will happen. I've seen some cut the deck in 3 piles and keep flipping card in the sequence of days, weeks, etc. When there are 3 upright cards that indicates when the event can happen. Is tarot meant to be used this way as well?

JackofWands

Various systems for predicting time exist, among which Nisaba's is one of the best and simplest to use (you should be able to find it by searching). The short answer on this is that if you find a system that works for you, go ahead and use it--no one's going to tell you that it's not allowed. Personally, I don't use the Tarot this way, but that doesn't by any means imply that it can't be done.

ETA: Some threads you might find helpful:
Nisaba's Timing Method
What timing method works for you?
The old chestnut TIMINGS!

greatdane

I ask. I pose a question with time in it. But I don't read for divination as much as for advice. As in what should I be aware of this week?

AnemoneRosie

Timing is hard. I try not to use it too much because I find it very unreliable. Especially because my readings seem to require about a few weeks to a month to become relevant to the querent a fair bit of the time which then screws up the timing too.
I'm also a firm believer in free will which can really wreck havoc with a predicted outcome.