DECK OF THE MONTH: APRIL

Rose Lalonde

Thoth

I've started spending 3 days per card. One of the things I like most about the Thoth is the number and depth of correlations between cards, and how clearly that's illustrated in symbolism and colors. But I think my understanding of that could be deepened by backing up and spending time on each card individually.

I originally thought I might start a daily draws thread, but it's easier to jot a few short notes in a notebook. I spend too much time thinking about how I'm expressing myself if it's public.

I received Snuffin's Thoth Companion last week, and I like the way it collects information from a lot of sources in one place. It's an odd mix -- short and to the point about symbols on each card, so that it seems simple, but assuming a decent knowledge of Hermetic Qabalah, dropping names like Kether or Lamed and moving right on. I would've been lost if I hadn't read Wang's book first.

Madame Squee

Stopping Tarot of the Crone

Well, I've done everything I can with the Tarot of the Crone for the time being. It's time to move on...

merissa_88, if it won't detract from the spirit of the thread, I would love to finish up April with the Tarot of of the Zirkus Magi and the same Tea Cup Cards.

merissa_88

Well, I've done everything I can with the Tarot of the Crone for the time being. It's time to move on...

merissa_88, if it won't detract from the spirit of the thread, I would love to finish up April with the Tarot of of the Zirkus Magi and the same Tea Cup Cards.

Hi, I have changed your deck to Tarot of of the Zirkus Magi in the first post. Great name for a deck.

Lycanthropos

I was connecting really well with the Cosmic Tarot in February. I took a break from it in March. Coming back to it in April I'm just not reconnecting with it. I'm doing OK, like 'so-so' OK, with 1-card draws, but when I do large spreads I just sit and stare and I'm not making connections. I've been turning to Jean Huets book, The Cosmic Tarot, for support. At this point I've stopped reading with the deck and for the last few days have been using the Golden Universal from Lo Scarabeo. I don't know what happened! Frustrating. I do tend to be moody with my cards, being a Pisces my state of being is easily influenced by what I see, including the type of deck. It's been so overcast and stormy off and on that the shiny of the Golden Universal is a pick-me-up. I apologise, I haven't been very productive here this month.

merissa_88

I was connecting really well with the Cosmic Tarot in February. I took a break from it in March. Coming back to it in April I'm just not reconnecting with it. I'm doing OK, like 'so-so' OK, with 1-card draws, but when I do large spreads I just sit and stare and I'm not making connections. I apologise, I haven't been very productive here this month.

It's really normal to lose interest in a deck. Some months I feel like I should read with one deck while studying another. Maybe you had a month like this with the Cosmic?

merissa_88

Goddess Tarot

Well, I did do some work with the workbook and I'm glad I did.

This deck has really connected me with the goddess Freyja. I'm glad because I haven't in the past. I tried connecting with Venus - did some studying about her origins as a goddess of gardens in Rome - but just did not click with her. Maybe another month?

The highlight of the month was using this deck with Robert Place's intuitive 3 card readings from his tarot history book.

New thread is here. Happy Beltane!