Completionism

RichardG

ha ha ha ha haaaaa

RWC, sometimes I think that you just..don't...get...me...:bugeyed:

:joke::joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:thumbsup:

linnie

An oddball, flying in out of left field...

I've had enough of this elitionism completionism (totally cool, what??? :D)

How about I come in with the claim that, at one time, I owned every single copy of a particular oracle deck that was ever printed, or is ever likely to be. Oracles aren't tarots, of course, but that's almost as completionistic as humanly possible, so I reckon it was worth a try... :)

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee... thud... tripped over my stupidity :) :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed:

gregory

I DO own every copy of one deck someone made for me.

Every single copy. All ONE of it :D

linnie

I DO own every copy of one deck someone made for me.

Every single copy. All ONE of it :D
That makes it as unique as can be, and no-one will ever get theirs hands on it, I'm sure... Is that the one with the weird little alien type almost cartoonish but better artistry one that you sent me a makeshift card from once?

Well, you know, of course my effort was a foolish and unworthy claim to fame... :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed: and I knew you were lurking around here anyway!!! I probably just wanted to drop in to say hello to all of you strange folk who do such things ... Strange folk rule... gregory rules the most!!! Hee hee xxxxx

gregory

That makes it as unique as can be, and no-one will ever get theirs hands on it, I'm sure... Is that the one with the weird little alien type almost cartoonish but better artistry one that you sent me a makeshift card from once?

Well, you know, of course my effort was a foolish and unworthy claim to fame... :bugeyed: :bugeyed: :bugeyed: and I knew you were lurking around here anyway!!! I probably just wanted to drop in to say hello to all of you strange folk who do such things ... Strange folk rule... gregory rules the most!!! Hee hee xxxxx
Did I send you a mushroom ? That would have been a scan from a deck in book form by Shigeo Otake - this one. I scanned the images so that I could use the cards; I expect I printed one off to use as a notelet !

Here's the artist's site

Now, MY level of completionism is such that I REQUIRE the minor arcana of this deck (not to mention the actual deck in card form). I know they don't exist - but I HAVE TO HAVE THEM ANYWAY ! He just has to come back to tarot, and do them, OK ?

I have never shown anyone on line the deck made for me. I don't THINK.

linnie

Definitely from that book, yes... Not one of any of the pics shown, though.. A more singular, Triffid-like person, for memory. The notelet is in a book at the moment, making itself useful, but I can't remember which book at the moment, to check the image..

Ok, so not that deck... :)

I wonder what Shigeo Otake was on............. :-0

Fascinating art, fascinating concept :)

RichardG

Completely crazy !

It was only $9.
So I had to buy it.

Ugghhh... now I own two 1961 S Merrimacks.

I'm completionistically crazy.

rwcarter

It was only $9.
So I had to buy it.

Ugghhh... now I own two 1961 S Merrimacks.

I'm completionistically crazy.
TWO Merrimacks? Yes, you're certifiable! :p