NOOOO! Mean birdie. I even fed you sunflower seeds today you ungrateful sky rat.

dryadintheelm

Okay, so really it was my fault. I know full well how curious cockatiels are. Naturally if I leave a reading out while I grab a cup of coffee, of course the birds are going to nibble the edges. But did it have to be my favorite deck? Did it have to be when I am on a seriously tight budget and it could be months before I can replace it? Sigh. Guess I'm back to Rider Waite, but I love DruidCraft so much more :(.

EmpressArwen

Oooh. Sorry this happened but "sky rat"...hahahaha! Sorry, that was hilarious to me. My husband calls squirrels "tree rats". How can someone not like squirrels?!

How bad was the damage? Could you trim it and it still be usable?

dryadintheelm

Possibly, though I would still want a new deck because I like the borders. I'd already trimmed off the white. To make them all even, I'd loose some of the bottom of the title letters, it would look odd. Useable, but I wouldn't be as happy with them.

12doggiepaws

Sorry about your cards.
When I first bought this deck, there was a few cards missing. I remember I emailed the creator/author of deck and they replaced the missing cards. You can give that a try before you invest in a new deck.

dryadintheelm

I checked online and people say this publisher doesn't keep individual copies of the cards, and the customer service wasn't very helpful. I'll live though. Just the world's way of making me switch decks for actual readings, though I can still use them for contemplation.

earthair

Which cards exactly? Was the bird trying to tell you something?! :D

dryadintheelm

Lol, I thought that too. Today Sushi (the male) drew the Princess of Pentacles and The Prince of Cups, my advice to him is that if he truly wishes to start a family with the lady Mist, he needs to study the inner workings and mechanics of love, and apply his knowledge in a courtship to sweep her off her feet. So far his advances are to impress her with his bravado when protecting her from the giant. He needs to also genly persuade her with the sweet songs of love. Unfortunately the dimwitted but gentle giant that brings them seed in the morning will be stealing any resulting eggs away, but I won't be whispering that bit of it in his ear.

(also I think I might be able to trim these okay if I don't center the graphics on these two cards, if I let one be a little lower than the others and one be a little higher.)

Barleywine

Squirrels are RODENTS ~ nasty, destructive rodents ... that's how! :mad:

Amen to that. I exhausted every shred of my resourcefulness and patience trying to keep them off of our bird feeders last winter. My next squirrel deflector is going to say "Remington" on the side of it.

Cocobird55

Sorry -- that's what birdies do. I keep all my decks in the bedroom, where Joey never goes.