3: Cup
4: Crown
5: Staff
6: Pillars
7: Spiral
8: Star
9: Bridge
11: Cross

Deduce the sequence of constellations and how they fit together.

Get a large pad of paper.
Chart the glyphs of each constellation.

Consider the symbols of astrology as indicating types of motion or forms of energy alluded to by the character traits traditionally attributed them by astrologers.

As above, so below

Yygdrasilian

Distillation

Aleister Crowley, in his Book of Thoth, claims the Qabala Tree is the Hebrew rendition of the Egyptian Caduceus.
The Tree of Life glyph is depicted in Qabala by the three mother letters of the Hebrew alphabet:

ש
Shin (Fire)
20: Aeon

א
Aleph (Air)
0: The Fool

מ
Mem (Water)
12: The Hanged Man

Hmmmm, a feathered serpent with 2012 in it. What's really intriguing is Crowley couldn't have known that as a date connected with the Maya. But the Catholic Church set the Zero Year of our Calendar at the "birthday" of the Hanged Man.
Coincidence? The answer to that you’ll be better equipped to comprehend once you figure out what glyphs meet in the zero and why.

Yygdrasilian

Occultem Lapida

I've been using a number/symbol key to arrange Crowley's Tarot into 9 chapters (or "constellations") that describe Spirit's journey through the Qabala tree. This "book" forms a metaphysics based on the geometric progression of number. It conceives an object that can be used for calculating the Metonic & Saros cycles of Sun & Moon as well as the Synodic periods for all the planets known to antiquity. It is both a map and a calendar and much, much more.

In the course of my research I've seen little mention of this system - though its' initiates have been depicting pieces of it in the arts and sciences for a very long time. To my knowledge, the constellations were published only relatively recent in the history of Tarot (see Arrien and Greer); as was Crowley's Book of Thoth deck. Yet the correlation between the two in revealing this system yields information far too profound to be coincidental.

Not to diminish the creative genius of those who produced the cards in renaissance Europe, but in examining the history of Tarot there is a thread of something much older. The occultists, from Etteilla to Crowley worked out this system. The question is: did they invent it, decipher it, or (re)discover it?

Perhaps this secret has succeeded in avoiding scrutiny for so long by the uninitiated due to ciphers of varying complexity employed by those either charged with its safekeeping or bent on monopolizing its knowledge. The different methods for ordering the triumphs may simply reflect the cipher being used.

In any case, whoever aspires to an understanding of Tarot and the historical forces that have shaped it cannot overlook the ramifications of this puzzle. Any History of Tarot must address whether this is a system that has been adapted to fit Tarot or whether Tarot has been made to fit it. In either case, this alchemist's riddle has fundamentally shaped the development of the Tarot deck. And it's pretty cool too.

You'll need Crowley's deck as he presents a mostly unscrambled version of the codex. The flaws he left in place set the story in motion when, having deduced the proper sequence of constellations, you correct them.

2: Arrow
3: Cup
4: Crown
5: Staff
6: Pillars
7: Spiral
8: Star
9: Bridge
11: Cross

Get a large pad of paper.
Chart the glyphs of each constellation.
Consider the symbols of astrology as indicating types of motion or forms of energy alluded to by the character traits traditionally attributed them by astrologers. In this sense, the symbols themselves are depicting the critical information and fit together as alchemical formulae that tell a tale, draw a map, describe a path, and detail an object that explains much about our civilization and its concept of time and space.
Trust me, once you figure out what's going on you'll know why Crowley called it Thoth's book.

As above, so below.
The seed of everything is within everything.

Yygdrasilian

Genesis Theorem

2 - ARROW: Creation & Descent
Trumps II, XI, XX (2+11+20=33)
Constellation depicting Creation
(Arrayed like an Arrow w/Trumps as arrow point and Suits as shaft)

XX...XI
....II....
....2 Swords
....2 Cups
....2 Wands
....2 Disks

Source is The One (Point), of which nothing can be said lest there be Two (Line), and this is the Birth of Force, simultaneously received by Three (Form). This is a Mystery lacking the constraint of linear Time. 3=1

2 circles overlap to form Vesica Piscis (1st Eye) giving proportion of Golden Ratio (Serpent).

Trumps:
Depict the birth of 1st Supernal Triangle (Trinity) & formulation of Cosmic (Orphic) Egg.
Artemis (1st of the Triune Goddess head: Virgin) shoots this “Apple” into the Lower Realms.

Suits:
Glyphs formulate Double Helix
Caduceus: As Above, So Below
Spiral architect - Galaxies to DNA

ARROW
XI: Lust
FORCE / Adam
Chockmah
Leo: Conception - the spark of the Creative
Even / Yang
Teth: Serpent
Adam's Rib

XX: Aeon
FORM / Eve
Binah
Fire: Time (Chronos)=Sulphur=Energy
Odd / Yin
Shin: Tooth (hard-shelled unit within the Godhead); also trident Flame depicting Trinity
Egg
Eden’s Apple

II: Priestess
Moon as Artemis
Triune Goddess as Virgin
Moon as Bow for the ARROW
Gimel: Camel - the Vehicle

2 Swords (Air = Thought)
PEACE
Moon: Phasing (Full / New)
Libra: the Weaver of Balance
In the Garden of Paradise Light & Darkness are in Equinox.

2 Cups (Water = Emotion)
LOVE
Venus: Attraction of Odd / Even
Cancer: Cycle
Light / Dark spin in each other’s orbit.

2 Wands (Fire = Energy)
DOMINION
Mars: Energized
Ares: Emanating
Mars activates the Egg as Ares thrusts it into denser planes.
2Swords+2Cup+2Wands=Double Helix

2 Disks (Earth = Matter)
CHANGE
Jupiter: Harmony of Odd / Even (Chesed)
Capricorn: Progression
Creation to Manifestation: the birth of Solids, which is Four
The Source begat Force now a Form in Matter.
Progression infers Time: Odd / Even enters spacetime.
Ourobouros: the Golden Ratio as above, so below

This formula can be applied to any and every Creation myth of the ancients. It is the Genesis Theorem of Atlantean Science. Decipher the other Constellations and reclaim what was lost.

The Seed of Everything is within Everything.

OOnaOwl

Fascinating stuff, Yygdrasilian! I shall have to come back to this later for a deeper inquiry!

Yygdrasilian

The Alphabet of Sacred Geometry

Let’s imagine the glyphs of astrology/alchemy as an alphabet used to form shapes. That in proper combination create something more than just a composite glyph - they depict the mechanics of generating a symbol of greater complexity thru a series of steps.

Tarot, in connection with the Qabala Tree, can be used as a cipher for indexing glyphs and arranging them into these meta-symbolic formulas, or “Constellations.” Each juxtapose of planet and zodiac also functions as mythological allegory, shedding light upon the purpose of its formula. In this sense, the hieroglyphs both draw a shape and tell a story; and the “narrative” this story constructs will tell you how these meta-symbols fit together.

It’s as if an ancient civilization devised a codex for engineering riddles.
That being said, one should take into consideration the use of pun - either verbal or visual.
Relearn to play with symbol & number as a child would.

The attributions I give here are what have made the most sense to me as the Book of Thoth has “revealed” itself. Being, essentially, a system for conveying the metaphysics of sacred geometry, its “mathemagickal” component checks against any wild tangents or flights of fancy that may possess anyone going down this rabbit hole. My interpretations of what the glyphs mean are certainly not written in stone, but are merely a cursory outline of my own findings that have proved most useful in decoding the narrative and unlocking its secrets.

The Planets / 7 Intelligences

SATURN - Limitation
The scythe divides and measures, encloses in form, making heavy

JUPITER - Order
Cross of Odd & Even, the wise ruler is harmonious

MARS - Chaos
A warrior once activated charges into battle

SUN - Illumination
Each & every one of us is a Star

VENUS - Attraction
Love pulls together what might otherwise be opposed

MERCURY - Integration
My Crown is a Bridge, My Knowledge a Synthesis

MOON - Phasing
From Light into Darkness, from Darkness into Light

The Zodiac / 12 Powers

ARIES : Emanation
Pushing, it does not pierce.

TAURUS : Avatar
Your Avatar holds the Key and beholds a Path

GEMINI : Cleaving
To separate or adhere, the Portal open or closed, Twins who agree or disagree.

CANCER : Spinning
A cycle in time, a turn of the wheel.

LEO : Creation
The Serpent born from its Source, Creation is a spark of light looking out into the darkness.

VIRGO : Quickening
Spiral energy of transformation where it meets the Threshold - the hymen of the Virgin. Gestation as the organizing principle that brings to fruition.

LIBRA : Balancing
Nothing can be called dark lest there be light, as every phase of the moon must have its opposite.

SCORPIO : Transformation
Transforms into a Fish, a Scorpion, a Snake, or an Eagle - the power of metamorphosis is a journey thru the Spiral.

SAGITTARIUS : Penetrating
An arrow can pierce, or it can point the way, or it can do both. It can fly & do other things too.

CAPRICORN : Progression
Goat-serpent wriggles a wave climbing forward.

AQUARIUS : Reflecting
Water in the Cup, I pause to reflect.

PISCES : Expansion
One fish swims upstream, the other down, one day meeting when they come back around.

The Elements / 4 Frequencies

AIR - Thought
WATER - Emotion
FIRE - Energy
EARTH - Matter

The rungs of a ladder, or the simplest of Solids

cardlady22

Please keep posting more!

I wonder . . . can you "play" with the 9 Constellations on the enneagram?
1 4 2 8 5 7
3 6 9

Yygdrasilian

Poetic License

Alas, a butterfly has taken flight and thus the world is changed.
We shall see what becomes of this meme as knowledge and understanding become further entwined.

VITRIOL, after all, is the Universal Solvent.

OF SUNRISE & IMMORTALITY
OSIRIS spoke:
“A Soul shining from the Moon! One who has found the Path shines bright like the Moon! Grant this Soul may rise among the multitudes at the PORTAL. Illumination welling up from within, freedom from the mortal bonds of the underworld. At dawn the Sun opens its Eye and brightens vistas dreamt in our music, Immortal Song of all Creation.”

cardlady22

So, I'm totally off-base. Or to put it plainly, I've looked at the surface of so many ideas/concepts that none of it can do me any good?

Yygdrasilian

Jabberwock

I’m really more a trickster than a guru, so I’ll not tell a lie without it being true too.
Every map and medicine wheel has its merits; but choose your Sigils well.
Behind every logo is concealed a Mage : 2 parts Charlatan to 1 part Sage.

cardlady22 said:
I've looked at the surface of so many ideas/concepts that none of it can do me any good?
Alice would never have known Wonderland by delaying at the surface.
But, all riddles wear absurd clothing behind the Looking Glass.

Symbols are meant to speak a simple language - to show you what they mean. The power they possess is in direct proportion to their skill at communicating intention without words, without the need for words.

Say I say Caduceus is a metaphor for the interplay of Light & Darkness - every Force of Light, like a wriggling serpent, emanates from a Source and shines into Darkness (Form). Then say the hieroglyphs of astrology were conceived to illustrate this "event."

For Planets, the combinations of circle, cross and/or crescent are each a meditation on this Trinity (Form, Force, Source), viewing the Golden Ratio from 7 different "perspectives"

The Zodiac may be understood as a dissectional of the Caduceus. Each glyph conveying a principle of its dynamics by looking at just one piece of its’ "anatomy."

As for the Elements, perhaps the double-helix formed in the ARROW by stacking the 2 Suits (2+2+2+2=8) is meant as an octave - different wavelengths corresponding to different elemental states - frequency as the wriggling speed of the serpent.

Now say I didn't say any of that and all you have are the glyphs to go on.