Astro Mythological by Mlle. Lenormand

jrr01

Has anyone ever played with this cards? If so, how complicated is it to read for other on this cards? I heard they were very accurate. Anyone care to elaborate or explain? Thanks.

Le Fanu

I have them (love your avatar!)... I bought them because they looked interesting in the shop. I love the old-fashioned drawings... but unfortunately when I opened them, I discovered they are based on a rather over-elaborate and complicated system and are difficult to read spontaneously. I never got much further than the instructions book.

Not sure how much of Mme Lenormand is in them...

jrr01

Obrigado por seu elogio sobre meu avatar,

I was offerd this 52 cards, but i wanted to make sure if they are good for fortune telling. Thye look intresting but the way that you have discribe them to me, they lok complicated to memorize...

Le Fanu

wow you speak Portuguese too as well as having the same avatar!

Yes... they´ve kind of been on my bookshelf since I bought them. Not quite sure how Im going to use them. I put them up for trade soon after buying them but there were no takers. So I guess Im stuck with them. I like them but don´t think I´ll ever use them. I much prefer the real Lenormand cards for reading (love the artwork on these though), and Im currently trying to be more deck-faithful rather than flitting :)

franniee

I have read with it..... my book is in french (I don't understand french) :D I just read them - it worked but I am sure if I knew the system it would be better... I understand it is geomancy.... I have to figure it out.... but still - look at the cards and I bet you can get a reading...

IMHO :)

cardlady22

The geomancy symbols appear on a limited number of the cards, but one symbol of the 16 is not used. I have a French book, but no help translating yet. If I'm remembering correctly, this deck was actually published by a Madame Breteau (spelling?) after Mlle Lenormand's death.

jrr01

>>Le Fanu<< Yes, I speak vey little portugese, Must be becuase of my Spanish speaking roots.

I've always wonderd who did thoe so called Atro Lenormand cards. Mlle. LeNormand read the 36 deck of cards & some Etteilla Tarot Cards, but thats about it.

Sylvie Steinbach

This deck is very tough to use!

It really does not matter if you could read French for this one. The system is extremely complicated and does not promote psychic input. The book is incomplete and does little to simplify the reading.

Each card has 7 levels that can be used. The entire deck can also be used to answer questions using the letters on top. I have worked with it for several years, testing it in real readings when I was in France. I was not impressed by its delivery. If you are someone who likes puzzles and crosswords for fun, you would love this one...If you are a psychic, you will let it go!

It is in my opinion that the code has not been cracked on this large deck -the original size is very big making it very impossible to shuffle by hand! It used to be made with thick paper and it was making the deck very heavy. I don't know if there are new books in French or German that facilitate its use and understanding. Maybe there are some members in this forum that could let us know if it is so...

Blessings