New Froud Oracle!!!!

HearthCricket

I just received my copies of this deck and I love it! Nice hardcover book with a similar atmosphere as the first book. Obviously I have not read it yet, but I am feeling really good about it! The deck is amazing! If anyone has Froud's 2010 calendar you will see some familiar faces! It is gorgeous and I think any Froud fan is going to love working with it. Here are some of the names of the cards:

The Queen of the Golden Bough
The Queen of Bedlam
The Queen of the Night
The Queen of the Day
The Queen of Passage
The Queen of Owls
The Queen of Hearth and Home
The Queen of Shadows
yes...more Queens....but I love every one of them!

The Captive Man
The Prince of LIght
The Speaker of Truth
The ShapeShifter
The Elven Knight
The Messenger
The Rox
The Thief
The Heartless Love
The Child
The Maiden
The Boy
The Hero
The Crone
The Sorcerer
The Magician
The Smith
The Faerie of Youth
The Faerie of Growth
Tink
Bright Spark
The Pan
The Fixer
The Lady of Leprechauns
The Lady of Unicorns

The list goes on and there are a few unnamed cards at the end of the pack. I am picking up the same energy as from the first deck. Like already said, it is much like a continuation, or maybe even the first as an indepth introduction to the faery realm and now that we are familiar with them it is time to go even deeper and meet the court and both good and bad faeries, again, and a very intimate deck. I'm thrilled! Now to find the perfect bag! I can't wait to start working with this deck. :)

faunabay

I got mine yesterday!! I posted in the other thread but since I want to expand on what I said there....here's what I said! })

***I love it!!! There are similar faeries and very different faeries in this deck. Alot of the newer fae are ones in Froud's latest book. Kind of Peter Panish.

I haven't even cracked the book yet, because I wanted to do the exercises Jesa had us do in the original Faerie Oracle......go through and pick your favorite and least favorite to see what you can hear from them before reading the book. To connect with them without the need for the book. So that's what I've done.

Noone who knows how I connect with the original will be surprised but my favorite is the Green Woman!! LOL My least favorite is The Remembrance! What surprised me was I didn't find many to pull out as least favorite. I believe it's because I'm friends with the froud faeries now so some of the ones that I could see being "least favorite" before I now look at differently and accept now.

An interesting thing is there are 3 cards that don't have titles??? And someone else commented on this - sorry can't remember who now - but I agree that the titles are too "in your face". I like the other deck where you almost couldn't read them. Plus I liked the original deck had more names for the faeries instead of titles. (not all but more than this deck)

All in all I can see myself connecting with this deck in the same manner I do with the original. Although it will take years for me to get as comfortable with them as I am with the others. I mean we've had years together and these are new friends. ***

faunabay

OK, here's what I want to expand on......I've already had a chat with a couple of them last night. My Favorite and Least Favorite cards! And holey moley do they talk just like the other fae!!

One of the things I didn't like about the new deck is the titles - they're just that titles. I liked having the fae's name on the card like the original deck, not their title. Like Queen of........ or Prince of.......

So......that's what got me talking last night. I decided to ask them their names! :bugeyed: The Green Woman talked and talked and talked! LOL The Remembrance was my least favorite and I did hear his name but I think I'm blocking a bit of his message...or at least I was last night. So I'm going to talk to him later when I'm more ready to hear what he has to tell me as my initial least favorite card.

I'm thinking of starting a new section in our faeries oracle study group and start a thread for each card. Because I think I'm going to take these one card at a time and not even read the book until I've gone through them all. I'm sooooo used to talking to the original fae that I think I can connect with them more all on my own than using the book.

What do you all think? Should I post them here or just keep them in my journal? I'm thinking others would want to do the same but am not sure. It is kind of personal with the fae sometimes. LOL

HearthCricket

The colours are richer and the artwork much crisper, but if I use the flash I only get reflections. Keep that in mind. This picture really doesn't do the deck justice. Maybe another picture if the sun ever decides to return to us! I hope this helps some who wonder about the artwork. I think it is lovely! The deck is just full of mischievous little fae!

Satori

GREAT picture HC. REally does give one a feel for the deck. I have never done the pre-order with Amazon, but with shipping it is five bucks cheaper now than the bookstore. On the other hand, If I get my lazy backside in the chilly car they are holding one for me at the bookstore right now!!!! Do I wait for Friday...or do I go now and have those little beasties in my hot little hands in about an hour?

HearthCricket

I'm hoping you went out and got the one at the store. I am dying to hear your thoughts on it!

Satori

Yeah I went to the store. Got it!!!! And I admit, I love it. I'll post more on Alta's thread...if I can find it again...

franniee

Satori said:
Yeah I went to the store. Got it!!!! And I admit, I love it. I'll post more on Alta's thread...if I can find it again...

OK you P in TA!!!! }) I ordered it from the barnes and noble site.... I should get it tomorrow. I will probably LOVE it. :D

Satori

Fran you'll thank me. You will love this one. I love it so much. It seems to ask you to think about the Fae and what they mean in a whole new way. Pulls you in fact to redefine what you thought you knew about this world and this place. I love that.

You look at certain cards and other ideas that you were maybe flirting with from FO sort of lock into place and you get an aha! moment. But not something you can put into words, almost like little niggly thoughts get somehow answered and you have a new insight about cards in this deck and the other one. I feel a sense of expansion of my ideas about the fae rather than the opposite, which would be to feel a sense of prefering to only know the landscape of the FO realm.

As you spend time with the deck the big white titles don't appear quite so bothersome....but then again I only just got it!!! :bugeyed: And listen to me!!!! Can you stand me??? LOL, rofl.

HearthCricket

lol Satori! I still have mine all laid out on the floor and plan to keep them that way over night. Let them air out and chatter up a storm, get a feeling for their new home. I plan to read parts of the book tonight, but not the meanings, yet. I want to become acquainted with them in my own right. These fae have a lot of personality to them and I really feel like I have stepped right into a fairy ring and have been stolen into their realm. But a good kind of way, as though they have agreed to let me in on their secrets, right into the heart of Faerie, with trust and much wisdom to share. I really love this deck! I think the faces tell it all. It is as though they have taken off their masks and making themselves known, and asking me to do the same to work with them. Love it!