A new game for the Faeries

Aura Wolf

My Faeries (of course) really wanted this journal (here's a picture of the cover). I used to have the same picture on an old velvet t-shirt, it's called "Midsummer Eve" by Edward Robert Hughes. Anyway, I bought another beautiful journal, but the faeries kept nagging me to go back and get THIS one. They wanted it (and I have to admit that I did too).

Now, the faeries already have a notebook that I use for journalling notes about the cards, so I can't use it for that. Besides, that would be too boring for a pretty journal like that! So the faeries told me that they wanted to use it for communication and storytelling instead. I thought it was an excellent idea, a way for them to really speak their minds. And of course, they wanted me to share their idea with the rest of you, for some extra journalling fun.

Here's what you do. Shuffle the deck, and when you're done you can either leave it intact, or to make it more fun, spread the cards out face down. Then draw a card, and the first faery you draw starts the story. So listen to what they are saying and doing--and write it down. (For instance, if I were to draw the Soul Shrinker, he'd probably say something like, "People these days are so cruel! Look what they've done to my beautiful face! There has to be a way to stop this!") Then draw another card, and that faery will either comment on what the first faery said, or speak their own mind about the situation. And you write it down, and keep going. All the faeries will have something to say (even if it might be totally off-topic :)) and the story/discussion will take form. Some may not even speak, and rather sit and listen, doing what they do (although I think this would be rather rare ;)).

You can do this with just a few cards if you like, but if you've got a lot of time on your hands, I think it would be really fun to do it with the whole deck and see what kind of twists and turns the story/conversation takes. This would work with tarot cards too, of course, but the faeries are...hmm, how should I put this...more "vocal" :D

Enjoy.

13thFaeChylde

I like that idea! Sounds like something my children would like to help with also. Thanks!

Alissa

That's a great way of using these cards, Dead Star, I love your suggestion!

So, you wake up and the Guardian at the Gate greets your consciousness and says good morning. And then you stumble into the kitchen and Ilbe retreives you a cup of coffee, god love him. After that, you get the baby's bottle, warm, from the microwave as the Maiden gives you a wink. After that, it's time to relax and hang out with Penelope Dreamweaver to see if she has any dream interpretation advice for you today.....

Namaste

That is a great suggestion, DeadStar!

What a lovely way you started your story, Alissa. :)

Chronata

yay! What a great happy new game to play!

We are going to try that later today!

13thFaeChylde

I think this is a sign for me to finally start journalling....was just waiting for a seed-idea to be planted.

(sigh) this means I need to go journal shopping :)

sagitarian

Alissa said:
That's a great way of using these cards, Dead Star, I love your suggestion!

So, you wake up and the Guardian at the Gate greets your consciousness and says good morning. And then you stumble into the kitchen and Ilbe retreives you a cup of coffee, god love him. After that, you get the baby's bottle, warm, from the microwave as the Maiden gives you a wink. After that, it's time to relax and hang out with Penelope Dreamweaver to see if she has any dream interpretation advice for you today.....

Oh wow, not only do i love the situation, I love Alissa's little wake up in the morning thing!

Alissa,
Was that from a few pulls you did, or was it just off the top of your head? just curious. Love you! :*

Alissa

Just makin it up as I went, sag ;)

Aura Wolf

I like Alissa's idea a lot, too :D Just letting them follow you around during the day.