Quantum Tarot: A new deck by the 78th Fool and Leo62

catlin

One part because I was against delving into quantum ph. was the part with Schroedinger and the cat.

jojojo

Hi Kay and Chris..

Sienna pointed me to this wonderful thread and I wanted to send my best wishes and encouragement for your new deck. I especially loved the fool card...it's purity just screams out...really beautiful with a gentle innocence.

Love it.....can't wait for more...

a_shikhs

Wow.. the cards are mind blowing... I love your universe cards and am bound to love this one too... awesome work.. :thumbsup: :)

Leo62

Thanks for the lovely comments you guys :) More images to follow next week. 78th Fool and I are getting together next Friday for our second work-day. We're setting up a regular schedule, so hopefully we'll be able to post new work on a weekly basis.

Sophie

I'm really looking forward to more. I know as much about quantum physics as can be found in (very) popularising science books, so I'm looking to you two to educate me further :D - as well as enchant me with the cards.

I agree with Netzach on the hand and arm on the Fool - I find them too big in comparison with the butterfly - they dwarf it (I know they are all probably perfectly in proportion, I am just thinking of reading the card here) and make it appear "less" - whereas the Big Bang would suggest a large butterfly.

Death is spectacular - the double traditional image against that dying star. It will be one of my favourite Death cards ever, I think.

December Fairy

Wow, those cards look incredible. Love the Death card. It's always a favorite card for me. I can't wait to hear more.

Pauline Kilar

What powerful images! Just wanted to add my voice to the chorus - great concept, great execution, and I can't wait to see the end result. Looking forward to the next cards!

K

MeeWah

Wow!!

Ignorant of physics, but I like!! A unique theme & hope to see more cards.

The Fool holds the power of creation, life & rebirth in his hand. Strikes as of the I Am, the Hand of God. Yet also that of man who has the same power in his way.

Death reminds me of a Star Trek episode, from the original series. So long ago I only remember the ending where a man willingly agreed to set himself against his 'twin'--a destructive entity & the opposite of him--in order to keep all of Universe intact because the other had the power to annihilate all in creation. The last image is of them in a void or outer space, engaged in hand-to-hand combat forever.

Red Emma

Quantum tarot! Wow!!!

As has everyone else on this thread, I find the concept mind boggling, and do like the cards. Immensely.

I've delved into quantum theory only in books which explain it to those of us who aren't science minded. I keep hearing about string theory, but so far haven't found a book on the introductory level. Introductory kindergarten, that is. Can anyone suggest something of the kind?

Please sign me up for this deck when you've finished. I can hardly wait!

Blessings on your endeavors.

Leo62

Thanks for the feedback, December Fairy, Pauline, Meewah and Red Emma. :)

Meewah - I think I vaguely remember that Star Trek episode!

Red Emma - I can recommend the book that got me going on string theory (in fact, it inspired me to start this project): The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. There's a TV series to go with it - I think it's out on DVD. It's not exactly ultra-basic, but he does manage to steer clear of mathematics and he uses clever analogies to get across some very, very complex ideas.