Six of Disks - Success

Kenny

Does anyone want to carry on with the travel through the Thoth?

If so shall we carry on with this card or another?

Kenny :)

mooiedragon

Well, I for one am good to go with the Six of Disks, although I can't say that I have a profound understanding of this particular card. It seems to register luck or good fortune in readings if well dignified. When this card appears in a spread I feel like the seeker has "good energy" in their favour to carry out a task, project or... whatever. It's like the timing is right, but they still need to find the will to manifest their dreams, desires... etc.

The sixes are all about being two thirds of the way there. Here there is a foundation on which to build and favorable conditions in which to carry out a plan. It's a good time to move forward.

I'm talking in circles... anyone else want throw in two cents?

Kenny

The darker blue circles remind me of a top view of a later era castle. The round towers are stronger when hit by cannon balls, so like the 4 it could be a sign of strength and security.

cherryberry

wow I think the six of disks show such a powerful image, like its 'exploding' with power and action. To me it looks like we are looking down at something that has been build, the base looks liek cracked glass, (still is cracked) then we have the red and the blue disk and then the six pointed star, the 'flower' like symbol and teh 6 disks in each corner.

So, it looks like one has spend a lot of time building up something and got better and better as time went by, it got more refined as well. We want to remember though that there is still this cracked glass right at the bottom...its not looking too threatening, but its there, we shouldnt go overboard and know the time when to stop....

cheekyinchworm

Kenny,

I'm interested! But, I'm still working on what to post regarding the six of wands! (I'm slow).

blackbird78

6 of Disks

Iwas told by my Thoth trainer to do a spread on wether or not my nursing application will be successful, I did a 3 card PPF reading and 6 of Wands Victory came out in the present and 6 of Disks Success came out as the future. Dare I hope to believe???!!!

ravenest

Yes. keep us posted on the result.

blackbird78

Will do! I am so chuffed with the result I have the cards spread out beside me to meditate upon... but I figure evne if it isn't successful my life will still have success in it as I love he job I do and I have other alternative plans and routes to consider. Fingers crossed!

blackbird x

rachelcat

Here's my IDS!

6 of Disks
6 = highest and best
Disks = health and wealth
Plenty (enough to share) and good health

It looks like we’re in the center of a rosy cross that has six petals instead of five. And there is a rosy cross in the center with an equal armed cross instead of a six square one. Hmmm. There are six large disks in the background, four blue and two red on the top and bottom. The small planet disks make a nice regular hexagon inside of which is a yellow circle around the inner cross and rose. Large points like the leaves of the large rosy cross radiate out from the hexagon. And behind all it looks like blue lines of energy radiate over a rusty brown background.

The planet symbols are in the order of the sephira, with Saturn moved over to the middle from the left pillar (not the order of the weekday heptagram). It was the Lo Scarabeo Tarot that helped me realize that it is the sun in the middle of the hex/circle. But I should have realized it as the only planet missing!

Crowley says the rose cross in the middle is a symbol for the sun, and that the rose has 49 petals, 7 x 7. The number of the planets times the number of Babalon? He says the card is Tiphareth fully realized on earth, which is wonderful! That’s why it is called success, but being ruled by the moon shows that all success is transient (even though the moon is in Taurus, where it is exalted).

Snuffin points out the long pointed leaves, on the regular rosy cross, are imblazoned with the letters INRI, the “formula” of Tiphareth and the Sun. DuQuette explains that INRI are the letters on the crucifix, meaning “Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews.” Substituting Hebrew letters for the Roman/Latin, occultists have discovered it tells the story of Osiris, another dying and resurrected god. That explains why it is a symbol of Tiphareth and the Sun. Tiphareth is the place of the savior/son of god/sacrificed god, and the sun dies and is resurrected every day and every year.

So the 6 of Disks not only proclaims health and plenty (albeit fleeting), it also declares the earthly reality of sacrifice and resurrection, the intimate connection of life and death. (We also saw this in the 6 of Swords.)

Moon in Taurus: Sociable, sensual, calm, stable, faithful, patient, fertile.

In a reading: You are in for a spell of earthly success—plenty of earthly delights and good health. It won’t last forever, so enjoy it and be sure to share your good fortune with others.