Blood Tarot.

ol_crazy_Legs

Ive been thinking about making my own deck for a while Now (The Blood Tarot). It'll most likley be pretty morbid. But have the feel of the gothic tarot deck. It'll be hand drawn by me. I'll be sure to let ppl know my ideas. But anyways... how do you go about getting your deck published?

baba-prague

Llewellyn's submission guidelines are on their website I think. It's also possible to get submission guidelines for US Games.

We have never submitted a proposal as we publish ourselves, but other people here may well be able to tell you more about the process.

Hope that helps a bit!

HudsonGray

Right, both of those have a section on 'submissions', the US Games one wants the cards in a certain size and certain format, so read that first before starting. They're not too eager for black & white decks, preferring color ones instead. Both places want to keep the originals also, for reprints, if accepted.

HOWEVER, not all decks get published by professional tarot publishers, so if those two don't work for you, don't give up. A bunch of people on this list have decks out, and I know Mr. Rosales who did the Hello Kitty deck just has them photocopied at the local printer when he needs more (so you can get high end and low end, and everything in between). Lo Scarabeo, unfortunately, doesn't take solicitations, all their decks are done with their own group of artists. And AG Muller (I think I spelled that right) concentrates on historical decks.

Check the archives on this list, there's a lot of info on publishing, who to contact, how to do it yourself, etc. to give you some basic information.

Lady Eclipse

ol_crazy_Legs said:
Ive been thinking about making my own deck for a while Now (The Blood Tarot). It'll most likley be pretty morbid. But have the feel of the gothic tarot deck. It'll be hand drawn by me. I'll be sure to let ppl know my ideas. But anyways... how do you go about getting your deck published?

Hi ol_crazy_Legs,

This already sounds like a deck that would appeal to me. Please show us your cards when you have some ready for viewing. :) As far as publishing, the other responses have already given you plenty of food for thought.

Joy to you,
Maralee

ol_crazy_Legs

No problem... i just need to wait for my Gothic Tarot to come in the mail so i can get more of a feel about the art i want out of it.

inanna_tarot

hey Crazy_Ol_Legs!!
I, being someone who isnt morbid / gothic decks woud LOVE to see your deck when you've got it available to peek at.

Love and Blessings
Sezo
x