Sacred Circle - Ace of Swords

shandar

The ace of swords

Hi Everyone:)

I'm late, cause I just signed up. I hope I can catch up soon.

The card shows a sword, held vertically against a backdrop of the island of St. Michael off Cornwall. It has four rays radiating from it; the sword itself forms the fifth ray.

The rays indicate power and light; Knowledge is power and the intellect provides us with light to navigate and move forward. The sword itself can cut to the heart of the matter, as to reveal secrets, or cut out the bad. It can also cut to the quick, causing death and destruction, as with a lot of ideas and new ways of thinking or acting.

To me, the island of St. Michael is separated from the mainland by a tenuous bit of ocean, like the intellect separated from the deeper unconscious and the emotions. The intellect rises, unpreturbed from the sea of unconsciousness, barely recognizing its existence, like the busy inventor, so intent on his discoveries his wife leaves him.

IMHO, The ace is very powerful, but can cut deep, if not handled correctly. I think it can also be heavy. I can’t imagine hefting a sword that may weigh 20-25 pounds.

Sometimes thinking can cause a weight, i.e., positive attributes, such as intellectualism, or negative attributes, such as paranoia or narcissism. Intellectualism can cut you off from the mainland of your fellows. Paranoia and narcissism can and act tp separate you from communal pursuits and the good a community can bring to us.

However, intellectualism and thought has brought us antibiotics, heart transplants, and the internet.

The sword cuts both (two) ways, and has to be approached with care.

Love this deck

shandar

Ace Swords

ducky0913 said:
When I first looked at this card, the thing that really stuck in my mind was how much I was reminded of the castle from Monty Python and the Holy Grail (don't ask me why).

Doing a detailed view of the card, I see a road streched out leading down to the water where the waves break. That makes me think that the passage to the castle is difficult to reach. The weather is overcast in the lower half of the card, very dreary. I see the sword piercing the gloom, stopping at the hilt. The beams of light that emminate from the sword remind me of a lighthouse, almost as if searching for something. It brightens the sky, making it seem that not all is dreary. It feels like a beacon almost. To reach the castle, one must rely on the sword to light the way.

Gee, Ducky, thanks so much for that..... It feels like a beacon. That's what the intellect is, afterall. Thinking of my hearthrob, Mel Gibson in "Gladiator", he used his sword to defeat the barbarians and make the world, "a place of light." like Rome.... have I watched this pic a lot or what?????

thanks for that insight

shandar

Venia

ace of swords

contrascarpe, I too looked at the card as water till i read the posts and noticed the cracks, now I look at it as still as a canal but one that has almost dried up.