Storing Decks?

Tanga

There are many threads on this topic. I've responded to two or three. Maybe they should be combined or put at the top of this section under deck care or something?

Great idea -
Ask Alta - the moderator here.
I pester her enough asking to have this sort of thing done. Lol.
I personally tend to forget to look at the index threads that have etc... in them.
Only the other week I was so surprised at what I found there...

barefootlife

I only have a few decks, but I keep the ones that came in nice sturdy boxes in their boxes, and the ones that came in tuck boxes (tuck boxes and my natural sense of grace don't get along) or shrink-wrapped in velvet bags I found on amazon that are pretty jewel tones. Since there's only a few, all my supplies (notebooks, pen, book-size LWBs) live in a tote so that I don't lose track of anything. If I'm going to toss a deck in my purse, even if it's in a box I'll put it in a bag so it doesn't get dirty/beaten on.

Besides the practicality aspect, I think it's good to be kind to your cards - I thank mine after readings before I put them away. That's a little eccentric but hey, we're all a little eccentric.

FLizarraga

I store them at home.

OK, just kidding. They have been slowly but surely piling up, so I keep them in all sort of different places --drawers, chests, curio shelves. Some of them are on display in bookcases or on my desk. I used to keep some of them in a nice antique bread box, but I left that behind when I relocated, and now I'm sorry I did.

The decks themselves I keep in their boxes, or in bags, or both, depending. The bags vary from nice lovely bags from Baba or Madame Squee or Winterchild or Sulis (there's a lot of talent in this forum, let me tell you), to organza bags I've bought wholesale.

I'd love to tell you that there's a method to my madness, but there ain't...