Connecting with energies around me??

kellyshay

Ever since I started learning Tarot and doing my meditation (which is not often. Only do it when I have time) I started getting really sensitive...

This will be a super long post but I would like some opinions on my experience. I never knew that I am ''sensitive'' until I confirm some of the experiences that I've been having to a friend of mine who can see, feel, taste, smell spirits. I've been having cold moments every night when I was sleeping at my mum's place. I would wake up feeling really cold when it is in the middle of hot summer time. And this happens every night when I was there. This was later confirm by a family friend who could see spirits that my mum's house has spirits in it. One time the exact same thing happened and it was a sweaty hot 35 degree Celsius in summer time where I woke up feeling freezing cold. I knew it was a spirit nearby...I looked at my phone( which is what I normally do when i wake up in the middle of the night to check my messages) and saw that the time was 3:30am....In the morning when we were all having breakfast, I told my sister what I experienced, and she was so shocked that she told me that she dreamt of our past away grandma coming into her dream and she woke up crying. She also looked at her phone and it was 3:30am. I then confirm that the spirit that I felt that day was my grandma...

There is also another experience where it happened in my own house, where one afternoon when I was having a nap with my 2 yr old baby ( I never have naps, but that day I felt incredibly sleepy) I dreamt that I saw myself sleeping in my own bed and felt ''someone'' coming into my house and standing right beside me saying with a chuckle ''o you're still sleeping?''. I immediately woke up. It felt so real! The second time, was recently where I also fell asleep in the afternoon. I was half sleeping half awake and I could hear someone coming into my house and went straight to the toilet..It was so real that I thought my husband came home from work..I even heard the toilet flushing. But I was so tired that I couldn't wake myself up...But I could hear everything.. after a few mins later, I woke up and there was no one at home and I called my husband to confirm if he came home but he didn't...

A few days later, I had a dream at night that I was sleeping in my bedroom and suddenly saw green/purple smokes moving around on my wall..I try to attack it and it turned into a transparent body telling me that shes not here to hurt me and that her name is Zunita. The whole dream went on with me communicating with her but I can't see her. She was like a voice I could hear in my head. I then woke up feeling really cold...

Fast forward to yesterday night, i had the most terrifying dream. I dreamt that I could see all these white orbs on my phone in the camera screen..I was terrified and felt that I was suffocated by a lot of spirits around me like they are trying to hurt/kill me. I could feel myself running out of breath. I couldn't breath. It felt so real. I could feel that my surrounding getting really cold. Freezing cold. I started chanting prayers and felt the spirits backing away so I chant prayers non stop till I woke up. It felt so real that I was still feeling scared.

I've been to a psychic/medium once and she told me that Tarot can attract a lot of spirits?

What is this I am experiencing? I am fine when I'm awake. But as soon as I am in my sleep, I get really sensitive! I'm kind of excited that I'm developing some kind of ''ability''? but also kind of scared that I might be attracting energies that are hurtful?

Pauline Kilar

That sounds scary! I believe there are energies, good and bad, all around us, and that we all have the ability to tune in to a greater or lesser extent.

The best advice I can give is to learn a banishing ritual ASAP and start performing it nightly before you go to bed. Mornings are good, too. Here's a good intro to banishing rituals:

http://www.philhine.org.uk/writings/rit_banishintro.html

(as a side note, I need to practice my own medicine! Doing a banishing ritual before bed is like flossing -- I don't always do it. :p But when I do, the energy of the house feels so much cleaner and safer, and I definitely sleep better and have more helpful dreams).

EDIT: here is another banishing ritual, this one from a Druid perspective: http://aoda.org/Articles/The_Sphere_of_Protection.html

celticnoodle

Ever since I started learning Tarot and doing my meditation (which is not often. Only do it when I have time) I started getting really sensitive...

This will be a super long post but I would like some opinions on my experience. I never knew that I am ''sensitive'' until I confirm some of the experiences that I've been having to a friend of mine who can see, feel, taste, smell spirits. I've been having cold moments every night when I was sleeping at my mum's place. I would wake up feeling really cold when it is in the middle of hot summer time. And this happens every night when I was there. This was later confirm by a family friend who could see spirits that my mum's house has spirits in it. One time the exact same thing happened and it was a sweaty hot 35 degree Celsius in summer time where I woke up feeling freezing cold. I knew it was a spirit nearby...I looked at my phone( which is what I normally do when i wake up in the middle of the night to check my messages) and saw that the time was 3:30am....In the morning when we were all having breakfast, I told my sister what I experienced, and she was so shocked that she told me that she dreamt of our past away grandma coming into her dream and she woke up crying. She also looked at her phone and it was 3:30am. I then confirm that the spirit that I felt that day was my grandma...

it is pretty usual for people to begin to develop their abilities when meditating and/or taking part in any form of divination, Kellyshay. Also, I have to tell you, that I believe ALL places, homes, parks, schools, ANYWHERE and EVERYWHERE have spirits in them/around them. It is also very natural that the spirits there would be deceased loved ones, because they are always around us, watching over us.

There is also another experience where it happened in my own house, where one afternoon when I was having a nap with my 2 yr old baby ( I never have naps, but that day I felt incredibly sleepy) I dreamt that I saw myself sleeping in my own bed and felt ''someone'' coming into my house and standing right beside me saying with a chuckle ''o you're still sleeping?''. I immediately woke up. It felt so real! The second time, was recently where I also fell asleep in the afternoon. I was half sleeping half awake and I could hear someone coming into my house and went straight to the toilet..It was so real that I thought my husband came home from work..I even heard the toilet flushing. But I was so tired that I couldn't wake myself up...But I could hear everything.. after a few mins later, I woke up and there was no one at home and I called my husband to confirm if he came home but he didn't...

well, I can't say it was a spirit that flushed the toilet, but who knows? I have them jumping into the shower with me often enough, and spirits do like running water....

As for your sleeping and 'seeing' yourself in your own bed, this too, can happen and does for many people. Its an out of body experience--OBE. but no need to worry about it, really.

A few days later, I had a dream at night that I was sleeping in my bedroom and suddenly saw green/purple smokes moving around on my wall..I try to attack it and it turned into a transparent body telling me that shes not here to hurt me and that her name is Zunita. The whole dream went on with me communicating with her but I can't see her. She was like a voice I could hear in my head. I then woke up feeling really cold...

Zunita is probably a guide for you. This is very interesting as many people never get to meet their guides-only can sense them. I'd say the colors, green and purple indicate a very highly spiritual being (purple) who may have some healing abilities (green). This can indicate that you are either in need of healing or are a healer yourself, - but I'm not an expert in any of this. All this is really my own opinions.

Fast forward to yesterday night, i had the most terrifying dream. I dreamt that I could see all these white orbs on my phone in the camera screen..I was terrified and felt that I was suffocated by a lot of spirits around me like they are trying to hurt/kill me. I could feel myself running out of breath. I couldn't breath. It felt so real. I could feel that my surrounding getting really cold. Freezing cold. I started chanting prayers and felt the spirits backing away so I chant prayers non stop till I woke up. It felt so real that I was still feeling scared.
I suspect you have medium abilities! If you are fearful of this, you really need to read up on it all and also learn about protecting and grounding yourself. Its very easy-and you can find many ways of doing this right here on A.T.--just search for 'grounding techniques' and 'protecting techniques'. Or you can google this with 'spiritual' also in the phrase if you google it.

I've been to a psychic/medium once and she told me that Tarot can attract a lot of spirits?

What is this I am experiencing? I am fine when I'm awake. But as soon as I am in my sleep, I get really sensitive! I'm kind of excited that I'm developing some kind of ''ability''? but also kind of scared that I might be attracting energies that are hurtful?

yes, tarot and any kind of divination practice, meditation, and many other things. As I mentioned before, spirits are always around us, in our home, in the car with us--etc. Mostly these are our deceased loved ones. They follow us around and check in on us. This sounds like what you are experiencing and it happens when you go to sleep because you are so relaxed at that time.

I suggest reading up on medium abilities and psychic abilities and learning how to ground and protect yourself. You can find a lot of information right here-free of charge-in all the threads. You can also google for more information on this as well and you may want to invest in a few books from the bookstore. Lots of info out there, kellyshay and of course, right here!

If you are more interested in developing, you can PM me and I will be happy to tell you a few great books out there on doing just that.

kellyshay

Thank you both for your replies ;)

Celticnoodle- I've pmed u :)

Grizabella

I read all these things about spirits and such and I don't know why, but I never have experiences like this. I guess because I just don't really believe in spirits contacting me. I have a "knowing", but it's not like any kind of spirit hanging around me or communicating with me.

I've had sleep paralysis where it feels like I want so badly to wake up but I just cannot wake up, no matter how hard I try, and sometimes it's a sensation like something is holding me down to my bed so I can't move. That's sleep paralysis, according to what I've read, and people who have certain sleep disorders suffer from it.

On the other hand, I've had very vivid dreams about people who have passed on. I've even had a spat with my late husband in a dream like that. lol I got annoyed with him because I thought he was spending a little too much time with a woman in the spirit world. My husband was handsome and women loved him. He wasn't a womanizer---he just enjoyed women--but sometimes women read more into it than was really there. I guess since he's there and I'm here, I felt kind of insecure. I can't just pop in at will so he's left to his own devices and maybe he gets lonely. :p

Anyway, I've never attracted spirits through using the cards. I don't seek to do that so maybe that's why. If you're attracting spirits, I don't think it's because of the cards.

kellyshay

I had sleep paralysis once when I was 15.. I was in a state where I was super tired and very relax but not sleeping yet. I remember seeing an image where there are pillars. I saw a woman in white with long hair in distance. She was coming close to me and when she was right in front of me, her long hair lifted up and I could saw her face up close. I got a fright and the whole image went away and I wanted to get up but I can't. I hear ringing in my ears, I couldn't open my eyes, I wanted to move but I was struggling to. It's like I was pinned to the bed. It was at least a few mins later when I could start moving. I'm thinking back now that this might be a spirit who is trying to give me a message!!