Clairaudience and divination

Ethereal

I was wondering if anyone would like to share experiences with clairaudience and the use of
any means of divination? I have had experiences myself when reading runes, and other methods of divination , when a voice will come to me, inside my head, and at times outside. specifically, I get songs, lyrics. that are pertinent to what I am reading on. sometimes songs will pop into my head from long ago; songs I have forgotten. I have found songs/lyrics are the main thing that comes to me when reading in any form. I would love to hear anyone elses experience with this!

celticnoodle

I've only just seen this post, Ethereal. I am clairaudient and have other clairs and other psychic abilities too that are often used together. A lot of times when reading tarot for my customers, I will also hear things--names usually. I do get other things as well though too. I have received names of medicines or places where they are either living or planning to go to or have been to. that sort of thing. Is this what you are wanting people to share with you?

As for a specific story--one that comes to mind is when I had a gentleman appear to me one night in spirit form. He wouldn't 'talk' to me then, but I do think that I had his first name. I could see him in my minds eye clear as day. I kept trying to get information from him to no avail. At the time, I was reading tarot in a New Age shop. Sure enough the next work day, a woman came in for a reading and when she sat down, this man again appeared standing right behind her. He was an ex husband of hers, who had died years after they were divorced and he had a message for her. She was quite shocked that he would come through for her.

Another time, I was reading for a woman and I heard a name distinctly. I asked her, "who is ****? And, she gasped! I also remembering reading for her and I knew immediately that she was an elementary school teacher and worked with handicapped children. The name I heard was one of her students and I saw that he was being abused and she as the teacher knew this and was trying to help him. It was not the best of readings as a result--very sad. But it was true. She was/is of course a mandatory reporter of such things and she told me that yes, she did report the abuse and knew it was his father, which I also confirmed in my reading before she mentioned it. I could described both the boy and his father and the rest of his family too. She was quite surprised at that.

There are other stories too, of course--but I won't bore you or anyone else with anymore. I know there are plenty of people here on A.T. with similar stories like this too.

Ethereal

WOW!! amazing stories! I have never had anything like that happen, just small incidences. you truly do have an amazing gift! yes, I thought this would be an interesting thread to open up for people to share such stories. thanks for sharing, and I hope more people will share too, if they have had similar experiences. amazing!

Audelia

My clairaudience kicks in mostly at night when I'm in bed & my mind is relaxed. If I 'tune in' I can hear a host of voices jumbled together until one main one comes through. Sometimes the voice that speaks is a voice that I already know (it comes through in a friend or a family member's voice - I think this is to stop me from being frightened. It's an ability that scared me when it first started happening but I've started to get used to it now).

My favourite experience was when I was lying in bed one night & a mans voice came through. He kept saying 'Look at her, she's so beautiful!' & then I saw a gorgeous woman with red hair. Long story short i asked for his name & then did a google - this voice belonged to a man who lived locally hundreds of years ago who fell in love with a lord's daughter. I had no knowledge of this beforehand & the picture in my mind matched up with an image I found on google.

Aside from that, I regularly hear names when I'm reading tarot for others. I also get places, dates etc. sometimes I'll just 'know' things about people & not know how I know. I've also recently started to experience clairvoyance - I see sparkling lights with my physical eyes & see actually people in my mind's eye.

When my clairaudience first started to develop I was terrified so I think I may have inadvertently shut it down because I didn't understand it. But it's started to show again in recent months & I'm embracing it & cultivating it now. I'm older & wiser & realise what a gift it is. The clairvoyance is a lovely plus too :)

Glass Owl

When my clairaudience first started to develop I was terrified so I think I may have inadvertently shut it down because I didn't understand it.
Me too. It comes and goes for me. I will heard words or short little phrases. I have had it happen while reading Tarot but it seems happen more while doing iPod/audio book divination readings or bibliomancy. Maybe it is because they have to do with words? While it isn't clairaudience, I have also experienced image flashes or "small movies" as well as strong smells.

Being completely relaxed seems to be very important for these things to come through, at least for me. I have also noticed a pattern of where these things often occur while I am "in the zone" or doing something repetitive like sweeping, shuffling, folding clothes, etc. But if I push it or try force it, doesn't work at all.

danieljuk

this thread is utterly fascinating :)
I got clairaudience first about 12 months ago and I think it's directly linked from using divination more intuitively and going deeper with it. Opening up my intuition and trusting. I can't control my clairaudience, I get messages and phrases randomly but often when meditating or during readings. However they just come, no control or asking of messages! totally random. Like Glass Owl and other have said I get periods of no messages and then many!

My first ever experience of it was that at the time I was pulling a daily tarot card. One day I pulled a card from the deck and got the 7 of Swords. As I pulled the card, I got a clear audible message which said this card is not for you, its for "friends sisters name", she needs to be careful in her business. The lady is the sister to a friend of mine and they all live in America. I knew my friend well but not her sister and I then wondered if I should pass on this message. I really felt I should! So I emailed my friend and asked her what her sister thought of tarot and if she thought I would be totally crazy telling her this! I also opened a thread on here where everyone said you must tell her! Friend got back to me and said her sister was really open minded and if it was about her work YOU MUST TELL HER!

so emailed the lady the card was for and hoped she didn't think I was completely bonkers! I felt this was a message in the card to be careful of unethical behaviour and taking appealing short cuts. I felt it was about her side business which is pottery. But she said to me, no this is about my corporate 9 to 5 job! some months ago they let go of a lot of people and I refused to be a part of it. Sounds like I need to stand my ethical ground again! She told me later they did let go of many people, in a really unfair way! she was glad to not be any part of the companies behaviour and unethical money saving solutions! I think she could have got into trouble long term if she did take part in it or felt guilt forever!

This was my first experience and when I was pulling that daily card I was not thinking of this lady, there was no trigger to her whatsoever! It was so random! just came to me!

Since then I get clairaudient messages in all my divination methods but never again had a clear message for someone else during my own readings. I wonder if that warning just had to get through to her somehow! I only get the messages about me or the sitter when the reading is about them.

I can't choose to divine using clairaudience! I wonder if anyone can actually control it on demand? I thought it was just because I was too much of a newbie at it! however I very rarely get images with the voice but yet I have been able to be quite successful scrying in meditation and getting images! The images fit for me and other people. It seems to be audio is how random messages come and as an image when I ask for something! I am just starting out still with getting so deep with myself, so I hope to become more skilled with this :)

Ethereal

danieljuk: that is so true, about not being able to control messages that come thru, clairauidently! mine are the same way! out of the blue, I just, *hear,* things. its very infrequent, though. when it does happen, it comes not only as a shock, but a pleasant on! it definitely takes me back. I too, get more song lyrics, or hear a song playing in my head while reading. I have LONG periods of nothing, then I will get out of the blue, a message. and, quite often a strong one. love, love love, that experience you wrote about the 7 of swords! wow! I do believe the message definitely HAD to get through to her. this is where this, *gift,* that alot of us have can be put to good use. I have done readings for a friend, warning her of a guy she was seeing, and she thanked me profusely. for what came through. it all turned out to be true! its I think at times, putting this gift to good use. and, what else is a gift for? as I said, I cannot control the messages I receive. I honestly don't think on can control the messages. for me, they are random, widely spaced apart and come quickly. fleeting....and gone that quick. I also don't get images; but would love to try scrying. I had tried it for a short time, non successfully. I got frustrated. glad you like this thread, and thanks for posting!

glass owl: that's interesting how the messages come through you. I have never had it happen that way. I don't experience images, however I have had smells come to me. the smells come randomly. at times, not even doing divination...they just come to me. and, later at times I found out what the message was. OMG! I am so glad you mentioned how all of this comes you while , *in the zone.* me too!! alot of times when I am doing dishes which is repetitive, lather, rinse, repeat....as strange as that may sound! agreed, there is no way it can be forced. it just comes to you. thanks for sharing!

audelia: I too have had voices come to me at night; love that story! I have heard reading tarot too. more like flash of insight out of the blue. and, songs /song lyrics. I don't get places or dates, but as I said I get intuitive insight, at times. I only had one clairvoyant experience when a family member died, also seeing sparkling lights. out of the corner of my eye, and strong like humming vibration around me. its hard to explain. like electrical. soon after they died. all of this scared me too, in the beginning. out of not understanding what a true gift it is. thanks too for sharing your experiences!

celticnoodle

Great Stories! I LOVE to read of others experiences too. I find all this so amazing and exciting. :) I hope more people will share their stories here too. Great thread!

Audelia

Me too. It comes and goes for me. I will heard words or short little phrases. I have had it happen while reading Tarot but it seems happen more while doing iPod/audio book divination readings or bibliomancy. Maybe it is because they have to do with words? While it isn't clairaudience, I have also experienced image flashes or "small movies" as well as strong smells.

Being completely relaxed seems to be very important for these things to come through, at least for me. I have also noticed a pattern of where these things often occur while I am "in the zone" or doing something repetitive like sweeping, shuffling, folding clothes, etc. But if I push it or try force it, doesn't work at all.

I find that mine comes through a lot more when I'm listening to music as well. I wonder if it's the vibration of the music that helps? :)

I agree with the need to be completely relaxed, however I can 'tune in' so to speak. I can ask for the voices or the information to come through and it will, but only if I'm completely relaxed (i.e. on the verge of sleep).

Audelia

audelia: I too have had voices come to me at night; love that story! I have heard reading tarot too. more like flash of insight out of the blue. and, songs /song lyrics. I don't get places or dates, but as I said I get intuitive insight, at times. I only had one clairvoyant experience when a family member died, also seeing sparkling lights. out of the corner of my eye, and strong like humming vibration around me. its hard to explain. like electrical. soon after they died. all of this scared me too, in the beginning. out of not understanding what a true gift it is. thanks too for sharing your experiences!

Yes! I get song lyrics all the time. I think this is spirit's way of ensuring I get their message across just right. It's far easier to interpret song lyrics than it is to interpret a random symbol or image :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was frightened when I first started experiencing it! I regret shutting it down so much much at an early age though. It really is a blessing and now I'm growing to love it and see it for the gift that it is :)