the fool and the hermit

Inana

Yes, Its a good deck full of symbols. But what is more interesting is the different conceptions each one has on the Fools Journey.

By the way, the old man in the ten of pentacles... is the hermit? He has some resemblance.

TemperanceAngel

I love that old man in the Ten of Pentacles, I have often thought he is the Hermit too.

I read another thread about the Ten Of Pentacles, soz forgotten where it was placed.....

XTAX

firestorm

Inana said:
Yes, Its a good deck full of symbols. But what is more interesting is the different conceptions each one has on the Fools Journey.

By the way, the old man in the ten of pentacles... is the hermit? He has some resemblance.

I never noticed that before, I think you're right......I also noticed that he's back to the colorful clothing of the fool.

Inana

Firestorm, the observation about the clothing is interesting. I only checked the face....
Thanks for the link, Temperance.

poivre

I think the snow in each card represents some kind of spiritual awarness. Fool's looking for it because it's in the back of the card & the hermit's surrounded by it because he is standing in it.

(Then when the snow all melts he becomes the man in the 10 of coins passing on his spiritual wealth) Just some ideas!

Inana

Ros!
That thoughts are nice! I see snow also as something that makes the things to be quiet, limiting the movement. So its calm, but a difficult environment to move on.

Majecot

TemperanceAngel said:
Hi Inana,

Everytime I take the Majors out to look and work with on my own, I always see new things and, to me, that is part of the beauty of the Tarot: we never know everything, we always keep learning and discovering new aspects!!!

Don't you think it is all so much fun, our Tarot journeys?

I love it!

XTAX

Inana
I feel exactly the same way... it is a continuous journey/study through life/soul... ever changing and discovering new things... and hopeful... always learning :D

Kirranan

fool to hermit

Inana said:
The Fool becoming the Hermit is a connection I always made. I noticed too that detail on the mountains and its something very interesting. Its like a process of growing or getting old:
The Fool has no experience, he looks outside to understand the world, he looks towards the sky (thats optimism, curiosity for everything), the stick he wears is carried on his shoulders with that bag. He wears happy clothes.

This is something I had never noticed before but is the reason I love coming here for help in my tarot studies!! So many keen observations that I would miss otherwise. Two heads really are better than one! :)

I do actually agree now I come to think of it, it would certainly make sense.

Kirranan :)

Inana

Kirranan,
Im glad this can help you. I've learned and keep learning a lot reading the posts from the others in this community. Welcome!!