abt the magican

mac22

Re: look at his belt...

JadeII said:
hi, i'm new. i just noticed that the Magician has a serpent around his waist. i know nothing about tarot but i'm studying the first 10 major arcana so i naturally came to this thread first about the magician. fyi

The serpent has many meanings: ooborous the serpent eating it's tail- regeneration & immortality. It also may refer to masonry and how the Mason's apron fastens by hook & eye. There is a host of symbolism there..:D

Diana

mac22 said:
[BAt the top of the visible leg, just below the bird, is the word “DIN.” [/B]

On the leg that is hidden, is written "NER". (Just kidding... I think.)

TemperanceAngel

Re: Re: abt the magican

Diana said:
Diana, did you mean NERdy costume? :laugh: XTAX

firemaiden

Re: Re: abt the magican

Diana said:

...one more peep out of you young lady, and....you'll be dinner.

Okay, on the Universal Waite, I see carved into the table, either the rising dove, (symbol of Christ again?) similar to the one on the Ace of Cups? -- or else it is a fleur-de-lys, and to the left of it, two more cryptograms -one looks like arabic script and to the left of that is the face of a frog with glasses...

I don't see "din" though.

Edited to say: make that a *squished* frog with glasses.

Attachments

• frog with glasses.jpg
    frog with glasses.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 154

firemaiden

(Paid informants have slipped word to me that the squished frog with glasses is actually a pissed-off crab. The three cryptograms form a rebus clue, which can be deciphered but not repeated.)

mac22

firemaiden said:
...one more peep out of you young lady, and....you'll be dinner.

Okay, on the Universal Waite, I see carved into the table, either the rising dove, (symbol of Christ again?) similar to the one on the Ace of Cups? -- or else it is a fleur-de-lys, and to the left of it, two more cryptograms -one looks like arabic script and to the left of that is the face of a frog with glasses...

I don't see "din" though.

Edited to say: make that a *squished* frog with glasses.

It's clear in RWS. The DIN is below the bird on the same leg.

ScarabFlight

squished frog

My squished frog with glasses looks more like a gator with a sphere of some sort, but that may be because I'm from Florida. lol

mac22

Re: squished frog

ScarabFlight said:
My squished frog with glasses looks more like a gator with a sphere of some sort, but that may be because I'm from Florida. lol

hmm, gator, crocodile, that has Egyptian connotations :laugh: TA is right ..this is fun. :)

tmgrl2

If this conversation is for real??...I just pulled out my husband's super magnifiers that he used before he became blind (for real) or is that cheating (not becoming blind...my using a magnifier on the card....) without the magnifier, it looks clearly like DIN. With magnification, the top of the "D" is a part of the the black design on the table...and the supposed N has a center part that looks like another symbol....
...also frog with glasses looks like a crocodile facing right, but the left symbol looks like water to me...If he is using the magical wand in his hand as a ligtening rod...and grounding to earth with the pointed finger toward the earth garden...it could be that he is telling us that not only do we have the tools (on table, four minor suits) but we also have the energy to direct toward our "earthly goals...Also, if we see these first two trump cards as the masculine and feminine but within each are both elements then the water fits on the card ...the four suits are all four elements, why not have smaller symbols of the elements....I'd better top now, since the crocodile doesn't fit at all....
fire (personal lightening rod)
water (on table)
air (dove?)
earth (garden?)
Don't know what this does to DIN and the frog with glasses but this is the most fun I have had all week...today was the High Priestess card for my study and I had two doctor appointments, taxes with accountant, numerous errands...so much for HP and meditation and going within...