8 of wands for hope?

.traveller.

This one had me scratching my head, and the answer is probably painfully obvious to everyone but me (I blame it on caffeine deprivation, I'm a quart low).

So how to look at the 8 of wands as hope?
It will all be over soon? Sounds a little harsh :eek:

Thirteen

.traveller. said:
So how to look at the 8 of wands as hope?
It will all be over soon? Sounds a little harsh :eek:
The card indicates speed rather than "hope." If things moving faster is a hopeful message for you, then it's hopeful. For others, things moving faster would be a horrible thing and they wouldn't find that hopeful at all. They'd rather things slowed down.

If things move fast and, yes, come to an end sooner...is that, personally, hopeful for you and your situation?

ClareS

I would see it as a message to give you hope or things are still up in the air...

nisaba

Perhaps the situation you are feeling hopeless about will resolve itself quickly, one way or another? This is the "fast card" (matches Tracey Chapman's song "Fast Car"). I'd read it as saying that the outcome may be good or bad, but at least it will all be over soon, so either way all you have to do is hang on for the ride.

bohemiangelnoire

I definitely tend to read the 8 of wands as a moving quickly kind of card. I don't know so much about the "hope" aspect though with the particular deck I use there are small green shoots on the wands that could point to "new" or "spring" like. I'd even say hold on tight, as you might not know what's going to happen and you may not have any inkling until things set off.

thorhammer

A lightning rescue! A knight in shining armour, only not necessarily a person, per se, more a sudden change of circumstance that will ease the pressure you're feeling.

But you gotta be ready to catch it and run with it . . .

\m/ Kat

.traveller.

Speed would be a good thing, but I am not seeing it... not being very speedy in this instance.
Thank you all for your ideas, I'll have to think on this a bit longer.