Affirmations/meditations

.traveller.

Does anyone use their cards for affirmations to cause positive changes in their lives? I've been using mine this way for about a year now (maybe more, I don't remember) and have found it a productive use of the cards.

I am posting because something unexpected has popped up since I started my most recent series of meditations and I was wondering if this was common. The cards I pull for the affirmation will then show up in subsequent readings on topics (possibly) unrelated to the meditation. I am uncertain whether I should make a connection between them or treat them as separate entities. I began with the later approach, but since I was journaling I couldn't help but notice the pattern.

moderndayruth

.traveller. said:
Does anyone use their cards for affirmations to cause positive changes in their lives? I've been using mine this way for about a year now (maybe more, I don't remember) and have found it a productive use of the cards.
I do. I visualise Trumps. :)

.traveller. said:
I am posting because something unexpected has popped up since I started my most recent series of meditations and I was wondering if this was common. The cards I pull for the affirmation will then show up in subsequent readings on topics (possibly) unrelated to the meditation.
This happens to me too ;)
I think we are indeed changing/hightening our 'frequencies' when doing visualisations and, basically, the card coming out in a non-related to visualisation reading, to me, is like a "confirmation" that its working.

nisaba

I use cards for something a little stronger htan affirmations, for magical acts sometimes.

Often if there's a card that expresses a quality I particularly don;'t want in my current circumstances, I'll pull it out, lay it on my Altar, and surround it on four sides with cards of actions I know I should be taking, plus I cover it with a card showing the energy I really want in its place. You've not no idea how effective a little ritual like that is in motivating you to get busy and do what needs to be done.

.traveller.

Yay! I'm not alone! Well, I didn't actually think I was alone, but I wasn't sure if anyone would respond.

I wondered about whether I was "charging" the card/s with my intention, but I don't think I've ever done that on purpose so I wasn't sure if that was what was happening. I guess one way to test the theory would be to use separate decks for readings and affirmations. I kind of like using one deck for everything though.

I choose my cards like I would for a tarot reading only with my affirmation in mind. Then I read the cards in a positive, proactive way, creating a kind of mantra with the readings. Sometimes the affirmation turns out to be more than a few lines when it is a topic that I really need to work on. In a way, it could be considered a form of spellwork since I am using it to focus my intention to create a specific outcome. As long as I am consistent it works amazingly well for me.

mdr- Do you read those visualization cards any differently when they show up in a reading?

*edit
as a lark, I asked the Sabian whether there was any connection between the affirmations and the readings where the cards were appearing and I got:
LEO 18
A CHEMIST CONDUCTS AN EXPERIMENT FOR HIS STUDENTS
You may find yourself involved in a new discovery in an authoritative and/or observant position. The message for either situation is to pay attention and attend to details. A mix of new ingredients can lead to new creations and can lead to surprising results. Even if you're unsure of the outcome, a risk is probably needed to sort things out.

So I guess I better keep journaling :p

moderndayruth

.traveller. said:
I kind of like using one deck for everything though.
Me too ;)
Though, most of the times i don't even use the physical card for focus, i visualise it in my mind's eye. For me RWS images work the best. :)

I don't focus on a specific outcome, but on the energy i feel is needed/ lacking (most often its the Sun) - basically the same as if invocing that energy with prayer.
Sometimes i visualise the Emperor to boost personal power, 4oP to set personal boundaries, Temperance for balance and the Wheel if i feel that my Ego is taking over. ;)

.traveller. said:
LEO 18
A CHEMIST CONDUCTS AN EXPERIMENT FOR HIS STUDENTS
You may find yourself involved in a new discovery in an authoritative and/or observant position. The message for either situation is to pay attention and attend to details. A mix of new ingredients can lead to new creations and can lead to surprising results. Even if you're unsure of the outcome, a risk is probably needed to sort things out.

So I guess I better keep journaling :p
Right, you'd better keep journaling, since you are conducting a creative experiment that will benefit others too (your "students"). :thumbsup:
I've been consulting Sabian Symbols for some two years now and i am still amazed on how spot on they get...

balenciaga

Tarot keeps me on the path - encourages me to strive towards becoming a better human :) I work hard at following the advice, and I must say, it helps.

.traveller.

balenciaga said:
Tarot keeps me on the path - encourages me to strive towards becoming a better human :) I work hard at following the advice, and I must say, it helps.

Definitely! :thumbsup:

moderndayruth said:
Right, you'd better keep journaling, since you are conducting a creative experiment that will benefit others too (your "students"). :thumbsup:
I've been consulting Sabian Symbols for some two years now and i am still amazed on how spot on they get...

Guess who got Temperance today for her affirmation, talk about the great experiment!
I'm excited though, Temperance is a very good sign for what I am working towards.

nisaba

Cool! I'm so pleased for you.

moderndayruth

.traveller. said:
Guess who got Temperance today for her affirmation, talk about the great experiment!
I'm excited though, Temperance is a very good sign for what I am working towards.
Awesome! :thumbsup: Among else, Temperance does denote Angelic influences. ;) Keep up the good work!

grimalkin

I use tarot primarily for spiritual and personal growth, to help me understand my "inner workings" so to speak so I can change some things in myself. But I've been wondering if tarot could be used pro-actively to bring about results by focusing on archetypes or qualities I would like to bring forth, rather than passively looking at what is foremost at the moment. In May the Ten of Swords started showing up. At first it was rather random and I didn't really notice it, but over the course of a month suddenly it showed up every time I was meditating and was the first card for a whole week! It was rather alarming and I knew it related to what was happening in a potent relationship in my life, but I didn't know I could use the cards to help diffuse the situation or at least a less painful ending. I would be very interested in learning how to use tarot with affirmations and spellwork. I liked Nisaba's altar idea especially to help minimize negative impacts.