Two's in relationships

.traveller.

How would you interpret 2's in relationships, including the High Priestess? If someone wasn't in a relationship and received many twos, would that suggest meeting someone?
There is plenty posted on the 2 of cups, so I am more interested in the others.
Thank you for your help :)

EmpressRenee

If you're not in a relationship but you getting lots of twos : there's a duality playing out in your life, needing you to make a choice but you have not been able to clearly choose the right path for you (i.e. make up your mind).

Two of Pents - juggling things trying to keep the balance and without upsetting either one. Two of Swords : communication blockages, witholding emotions and playing cards close to the chest perhaps out of fear of being vulnerable. Two of Wands : Undecided on which energy to focus efforts on.

Empress

willowfox

2 pents trying to keep your partner happy by being flexible.

2 wands good for partnership matters, creative and enterprising.

2 swords not good for partnerships, denotes quarrels, tense situations and deadlock.

balenciaga

.traveller. said:
How would you interpret 2's in relationships, including the High Priestess?

As far as the High Priestess goes for meeting someone, I think she has more to do with passivity and listening quietly to one's inner voice. Nothing active here. Letting things form and take shape is all you can do. Just sit there and look smashing!:)

WalesWoman

If you aren't in a relationship, getting 2's of anything might not indicate meeting anyone... simply as Empress Renee said... there is some sort of duality going on that you need to figure out. That being said, here's a few thoughts on 2's in relationships. Being a 2 it is a passive number, one of contrasts, opposition, polarities between separate individuals.

2 Wands... lively, forceful, but often at cross purposes, help or hinderance is the question, challenging, confining, controlled, restless, most LWB's say no relationship is possible, no marriage anyway.

2 Pentacles... yo-yo relationship card up and down, back and forth, confusion, emotional disturbance, not so solid. roller coaster ride full of highs and lows, this one could indicate the conflict of feelings and sensations and trying to find that balance.

2 Swords... indecision, weighing pro's & con's, defensiveness, kept on guard or a guarded relationship... not knowing where you stand or feeling shut out, inability to get close to each other due to fears and or blinding self to reality... a truce, impasse

High Priestess: air of mystery, always questions, always needing to go deeper, always feeling like something is hidden, always some deep dark secret... great if you want to have a secret affair, not so great if you want it public. Tho' it could be there is much more going on beneath the surface than what you see... still it would be more about feelings that are hidden and an outer calm... it would be hard to tell and would require commitment to be allowed in. As they say there is nothing so enticing as that aura of mystery and no one can stand an unsolved one.

Maybe any of these; Fool/Tower/Death/World/Judgement in a current relationship question... that things are going to change in the relationship department drastically... or look for some court cards.

.traveller.

Thank you all for your responses. I'm still trying to ge a handle on those twos. In the past, they've always been more active for me than the threes (having physical results), including the High Priestess. I'm not sure why this is because I generally follow the even/passive, odd/active line of thought.

Out of curiousity, why only conflict with the two of swords and not dialog? Can't two people discuss something without it being disagreeable?

WalesWoman said:
Maybe any of these; Fool/Tower/Death/World/Judgement in a current relationship question... that things are going to change in the relationship department drastically... or look for some court cards.

Oh eek, I have been getting most of those in my own readings and tons of courts to top it off. Not that anything has happened mind you, but at least the potential is there.

ofbainbridge

.traveller. said:
How would you interpret 2's in relationships, including the High Priestess? If someone wasn't in a relationship and received many twos, would that suggest meeting someone?
There is plenty posted on the 2 of cups, so I am more interested in the others.
Thank you for your help :)

Okay - lets see 2s in a relationship
2s are about connecting and bonding with someone or something...or not depending on how the card is aspected...
The Flavor of that connection is reflected in the particular suit of the 2...

2 of Swords upright in a relationship...
Making a mental connection with someone, thinking alike or along the same lines...being in tune with someone, agreeing...
Reversed difficulties finding common ground in a relationship, possible indecision about some aspect of the relationship or of those involved...

2 of Wands upright in a relationship...
Connecting with what makes a person feels strong or good in a relationship, Connecting with what gives a person a sense of identity in a relationship
Reversed - one of the parties involved has more power than the other, there is a sense of not belonging

2 of Cups upright in a relationship
Bonding, connecting, go with the emotional flow of what is happening in aspect of a relationship...
reversed...Person or persons involved do not feel able to bond or love or flow, emotional isolation

(Just a side note - the 2 of cups in itself is not necessarily about love or romance - it is about how someone connects or bonds yes but not necessarily in a romantic fashion - it could be describing a bond between parent or child, tenant or landlord, business partners, a person and their work or project, a person or people and a place) This card in conjunction with another or in a certain position inthe layout indicates what a person opens themselves up to and connects with or doesn't...

2 of Pents upright in a relationship
This is the physical give and take in a relationship, how people connect and interact...what do those involved do together, how do they do those things...
In a reversed position this 2 indicates difficulties trying to make something work; awkwardness, feeling unable to take the initiative in activities or not feeling connected to the activities those involved are engaging in....

The High Priestess in a relationship reading
She could be an indication of feelings and emotional ties below the surface... connections a person might feel that are not so obvious...upright those feelings are healthy and productive and serve a relationship...
Reversed there could be things below the surface not said, secrets, thoughts that are not so positive about another person...they undermine the relationship for the way they give service to the shadow side of a relationship...

''If someone wasn't in a relationship and received many twos, would that suggest meeting someone?''

Not necessarily - the cards around those 2s would indicate what the 2s were relating to; the placement in the layout also counts, the questions asked make a difference...how were the cards aspected and so on...

The crowned one

Two's for me at least are the ( 陰 陽 ) yin and yang of tarot through all the suites. Hot and cold man and women day and night. The key for me is as a action that they can do two things: double or split your strength. They are about balance as a idea. The suite just guides what can be halved or doubled for example swords could be a stale mate if on opposite sides, or a truce. But if you TWO are on the same side your power within the context of the suite could double.

star-lover

The crowned one said:
Two's for me at least are the ( 陰 陽 ) yin and yang of tarot through all the suites. Hot and cold man and women day and night. The key for me is as a action that they can do two things: double or split your strength. They are about balance as a idea. The suite just guides what can be halved or doubled for example swords could be a stale mate if on opposite sides, or a truce. But if you TWO are on the same side your power within the context of the suite could double.

i like that

2s are about give and take, balance, things being just right and as they should be, works in progress and the results whatever they may be show in the threes

caridwen

Could the two's not also be seen as some kind of gateway? As though the seeker has learned something about by way of their solitary journey and is moving onto a different level.