1910 Rider Tarot Revived Edition on Amazon

gregory

It's also up on Etsy, I find. Thinking it over now.... :) Thanks, though. I may be in touch !

FLizarraga

It's also up on Etsy, I find. Thinking it over now.... :) Thanks, though. I may be in touch !

No prob. You were very generous to me on at least one occasion, and it would be my pleasure to return the favor. :D

The Happy Squirrel

You have a point there. All of a sudden, these self-published repros are popping all over the place. There's this one -- real good except for the amateurish backs -- and there's the one with pebbled backs from the guy who has a waterproof option, which sadly squishes the images. (Still pretty usable, though.) Both claim to be photographic reproductions of antique decks.

Either someone has found a loophole (that you can commercially reproduce a RWS deck in your possession?) or they won't be around for long.

P.S. They're now popping up in the States, I mean. China and Ukraine do not give a rat's behind about all this and do as they please.

You are talking about Tavern Games' (MagusMick on Etsy I think) repro. Yeah. Rubbish for me because of the stretched images. For some they don't matter. Their standard size especially is the least visible so I guess that one might be able to get away with things a bit more. So... a bit like cannabis then.... you know "for personal use and distribution amongst friends"....? :D Anyway these things are never really about the law anyway :)

FLizarraga

You are talking about Tavern Games' (MagusMick on Etsy I think) repro. Yeah. Rubbish for me because of the stretched images. For some they don't matter. Their standard size especially is the least visible so I guess that one might be able to get away with things a bit more. So... a bit like cannabis then.... you know "for personal use and distribution amongst friends"....? :D Anyway these things are never really about the law anyway :)

Yes, that's the one. (Didn't have it at hand.) The standard edition is not that bad, at least not worse than USG's own editions with really bad re-drawings like the Original.

You are right, it's never really about the law --like cannabis, yeah; that's a good comparison. :D The whole War on Drugs thing is outdated BS, and so seems to be USG's own copyright campaign. Sorry if I sound a little harsh.

The Happy Squirrel

Yes, that's the one. (Didn't have it at hand.) The standard edition is not that bad, at least not worse than USG's own editions with really bad re-drawings like the Original.

You are right, it's never really about the law --like cannabis, yeah; that's a good comparison. :D The whole War on Drugs thing is outdated BS, and so seems to be USG's own copyright campaign. Sorry if I sound a little harsh.

Nah. Not harsh at all :D

JohnKaartunen

Pretty spot on review

Abrac

When she shows the "Revived" version close up they look pretty good. US Games should be embarrassed at the low they've sunk to in terms of their modern version, at least the one she shows in the video.

Wheel of Fantastic

Buy this while you can, US Games will spoil the fun soon enough.

Watched the YouTube review; the deck looks nice but the backs are completely inappropriate - what on earth were the creator's thinking?Definitely not in keeping with the Edwardian era of the 1910 Pam A!

Can't get this deck in the UK but at this point the only RWS I'd be interested in is a completely faithful restoration of the 1909 Rose & Lilies deck or the 1910 Pam A. The Pam B would be good too.