Travelling for Solar Return

PentQueen

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any information regarding travelling for your solar return to make the best out of your year ahead? I've recently been advised about this and it's kinda blowing my mind, haha! Anyway, I would love advice from any of the experts out there!

dadsnook2000

Those who agree with this approach to S/Rs

Ciro Discepolo, a well known Italian astrologer and author of many books on this subject, advocates travel to a favorable location for one's Solar Return.

While I admire his work and writings, I totally disagree with his travel for a day to another location to experience one's Solar Return.

Consider this. The Earth rotates. One can see the Earth as a giant spherical clock. If you are born at a different time on your birthday, you will have a different chart, different angles and house sectors that represent your life-experience orientation.

Now, if you were born at the same time as your birth time, but in another location, you could have a similar chart as what was noted above. Again, you would have a different set of living conditions and experiences based on the re-oriented birth chart.

The key point is, you experience your chart through your location. If you travel for a day but do not change your habitual daily locaation, you are attuned to that area. The new area being visited is just a short term reorientation. When you return "home" you will still pick up your home locations energy-vibrations-etc.

If you want a different SR experience, move to that location, identify with it, live there. Dave

PentQueen

Thanks Dave! I was thinking the exact same thing...that wouldn't I have to live there to completely alter things? And then I got really confused, thinking about how people travel all the time. For instance my mom travelled tons as a kid....she was born in one country and within weeks was living in another country, and this continued for many years due to her father's work.

When I think about this, the entire concept of astrology just freaks me out and honestly, I don't know what to think, I'm so confused, lol.

I'm just surprised that she (my astrologer) would suggest this, because she seems to know her stuff...I guess it may have been something advised by her teacher/mentor?

Sorry if this post sounds really confused...it's because I am!

Minderwiz

Dave is right, as usual.:)

The move needs to be 'long term', rather than a holiday or day trip, or even flying in, stopping for the moment of the return and then catching the next plane home.

Jean Baptists Morin was one of the first to advocate relocating the solar return but he certainly did not recommed travelling for it and then coming home. That is rather like recommending to someone suffering from TB that they go to a dry warm climate for a day and they will be cured for the forthcoming year.

PentQueen

Dave is right, as usual.:)

The move needs to be 'long term', rather than a holiday or day trip, or even flying in, stopping for the moment of the return and then catching the next plane home.

Jean Baptists Morin was one of the first to advocate relocating the solar return but he certainly did not recommed travelling for it and then coming home. That is rather like recommending to someone suffering from TB that they go to a dry warm climate for a day and they will be cured for the forthcoming year.

Haha, makes sense! I've asked my astrologer to clarify the need to travel for the return. I'm very curious as to what she will say because she seemed very serious about it!

Ronia

Like your mother, I zpent my childhood in a few different countries. However, since it was due to my father's work, I spent at least two years in each or more, therefore it wasn't a daytrip or a vacation. I have experience with a recent birthday which I spent in another country on a short birthday trip with friends. The solar return played out based on the chart cast for the place I permanently lived at the time! The place where I celebrayed didn't change the stronger influence of the place I lived at.

PentQueen

Thanks Ronia!

That's helpful to hear as well. Very interesting!