Horary Readings Round 7 - Answers

Minderwiz

Reading for Ronia

Hi Minderwiz :) I'll have to ask about a job again. A better one. Some time ago you did a chart about this job and things were supposed to get easier but they don't seem to improve or not as fast as I need them to. And overall, I simply need a better paid job and in my field, so I don't have to put up with both low pay and foreign field, it's way too stressful. So, my question is if I will find a better suiting me job this year. I've started applying again, it's not like I want it to fall on my lap. :) Thank you.

The chart cast has Libra rising, making your significator Venus. Venus is in her exaltation sign of Pisces, so you are extremely well qualified for the job you seek. However Venus is placed in the sixth house. Traditionally this is not a good place, because it doesn't connect or configure with the Ascendant. Normally I'd say that this describes a situation where you are unable to see where the job is coming from or able to adequately scan the market to find one.

Given your history with your current job and the comments made, I can see another sixth house meaning that is, if not directly applicable, may well describe your feelings. The sixth is the house of slavery and you are not just a wage slave but a poorly paid one, not being used to your potential. Indeed both desciptors of the sixth may apply at the same time.

Cancer rules the tenth house and so the Moon signifies the sought after job. The Moon is placed in the second house of income/finance, so it's in the right place. But the Moon is in it's own Fall and is Peregrine. The job isn't good and it's not got any clear direction to it. This seems like a description of the job you already have, but given the question it might be that all jobs that you are likely to be considered for have the same properties. The Moon is slow and is waning, so as well as it having poor essential dignity, it doesn't exhibit any notable accidental dignity either. The job described doesn't look like what you're after in the first place.

At 7 degrees Scorpio the Moon is applying to a Trine to Venus (using the traditional orb of 13 degrees for the Moon because of it's speed). It is also applying to Jupiter in the eleventh by Square. And both Jupiter and Venus stand at 17 degrees of their sign, though Jupiter is about half a degree nearer the Moon than Venus. What is more Jupiter is Retrograde, so it is actually in a mutual application with the Moon. So it looks like Jupiter will prohibit the matter, at least on first sight.

Venus is in an applying conjunction to Mars, which rules your second house. Mars is the triplicity ruler by night for the Water Triplicity, so there's a mutual reception between yourself and your money and it's not a bad one at that. This is especially so because Mars is also in it's own Terms and Face. It's rolling in essential dignity.

I'm not sure if what is being indicated here is a pay rise for the job you're doing now or that you find a similar job (in terms of low job satisfaction and offering little in the way of prospects) which does offer more money in the short term Given the likely prohibition by Jupiter, it might well be the former.

Jupiter happens to be the ruler of both Venus and Mars. Placed in the eleventh, it might indicate actions by a friend - a friend beats you to the job, possibly because they informed you about it in the first place, so they had made a prior decision to apply.

Jupiter also rules the third, which is associated with travel. It could be that the new job involves significant travel and that's a deal breaker for you.

So there appears to be money coming in but the job doesn't seem to quite come off. Are you up to other things, such as buying lottery tickets? Just before the Mars Venus conjunction, Venus makes a sextile with the Lot of Fortune.

This is an odd chart. It seems that your money worries are going to diminish but whilst there's a possible job around it doesn't quite look like you will get your hands on it.

Looking at it a again, I note that the Lot of Fortune is ruled by Saturn in the fourth house and Saturn itself is in the Third house ruled by Jupiter. So perhaps there's a link there. The need to travel for the job is outweighed by an improvement in your finances. So I'd say travel is the main reason why you don't take up the job.

I feel there's something missing here, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not often there's contradictory indications, but there are. Perhaps you can make more sense of the situation I've described for you. Is there a chance that you might come into more money, even if it's something that you would otherwise discount?

Attachments

• Ronia Feb 2015.jpg
    Ronia Feb 2015.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 76

Ronia

Thank you!

The chart cast has Libra rising, making your significator Venus. Venus is in her exaltation sign of Pisces, so you are extremely well qualified for the job you seek. However Venus is placed in the sixth house. Traditionally this is not a good place, because it doesn't connect or configure with the Ascendant. Normally I'd say that this describes a situation where you are unable to see where the job is coming from or able to adequately scan the market to find one.

This is something I've always had problems with because the Asc represents the querent, me. Why would I not seeing my own house (myself) mean not seeing the job? I hope I make myself clear but I think it should matter if the significator of the querent sees the significator of the quesited and/or the MC in this case or the house of the questited. It was what the ancients seeked for, from my understanding of their writings. Venus sees the 10th and the MC, in fact she trines it. It does reflect the fact that I keep my eyes on the goal and I've narrowed my desired work places to a few and check for positions there regularly. I don't apply just anywhere. Anyways, just had to say it. :)

:D It seems you cast a similar chart to the one I posted in the Questions thread for a comment, whenever you have the time. Mars rules the 7th as well! :D Not to be missed. LOL I find the charts involving the Venus/Mars conjunction interesting these days.

Given your history with your current job and the comments made, I can see another sixth house meaning that is, if not directly applicable, may well describe your feelings. The sixth is the house of slavery and you are not just a wage slave but a poorly paid one, not being used to your potential. Indeed both desciptors of the sixth may apply at the same time.

I can totally relate to the "enslaved" part! It is a service job, in fact not so badly paid per hour but with limited hours which brings a very low income at the end of the day and the year. And it is below my usual level. But it also comes in a package with entitled managers.
It's also a job I wouldn't normally do, it is a "pays the bills" job so yes, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Cancer rules the tenth house and so the Moon signifies the sought after job. The Moon is placed in the second house of income/finance, so it's in the right place. But the Moon is in it's own Fall and is Peregrine. The job isn't good and it's not got any clear direction to it. This seems like a description of the job you already have, but given the question it might be that all jobs that you are likely to be considered for have the same properties. The Moon is slow and is waning, so as well as it having poor essential dignity, it doesn't exhibit any notable accidental dignity either. The job described doesn't look like what you're after in the first place.

The first part here definitely describes the job I have now which also lacks any future perspective or whatsoever hope to get better. There is no will for further growth there. I think the Moon signifies this job because I'm applying to jobs in my regular field and they are higher end jobs. Of course, it's possible I just don't get the better jobs but I'm not applying for the same kind as the one I have. If the Moon doesn't describe this current job, I don't know what it describes. may be if I start applying for the same kind of jobs... but I don't want to.

At 7 degrees Scorpio the Moon is applying to a Trine to Venus (using the traditional orb of 13 degrees for the Moon because of it's speed). It is also applying to Jupiter in the eleventh by Square. And both Jupiter and Venus stand at 17 degrees of their sign, though Jupiter is about half a degree nearer the Moon than Venus. What is more Jupiter is Retrograde, so it is actually in a mutual application with the Moon. So it looks like Jupiter will prohibit the matter, at least on first sight.

And Jupiter and Venus' degrees and their inconjunct and even Jupiter being retro replay my natal. Amazing.

My regular field is in entertainment and events (among other things), including 11th house gatherings, many people, festivals, etc. Since the Moon co-signifies me + rules the 10th, I'd say I may just miss one of these jobs in the field because Jupiter will square her, no? I know it's complicating the aspect but the Moon IS my co-significator, after all. :) And I do work in the 5/11 sphere. Usually. I am in the 5th still but at a miserable level. Now, I also have upcoming events with the current job, I may very well get so frustrated with the whole thing that I stop applying for other jobs thus the square. Or it may be an unpleasant conversation (Jupiter rules the 3rd) or failed interview (the 3rd again).

Venus is in an applying conjunction to Mars, which rules your second house. Mars is the triplicity ruler by night for the Water Triplicity, so there's a mutual reception between yourself and your money and it's not a bad one at that. This is especially so because Mars is also in it's own Terms and Face. It's rolling in essential dignity.

Which is why I'm so excited about the other chart I posted in the Questions thread. Yay! Mars rules the 7th as well, though. :D

I'm not sure if what is being indicated here is a pay rise for the job you're doing now or that you find a similar job (in terms of low job satisfaction and offering little in the way of prospects) which does offer more money in the short term Given the likely prohibition by Jupiter, it might well be the former.

Highly unlikely. Even if there is a raise it will be cents. Hardly any significant change in my finances. As I wrote above, it's an hourly based pay and the hours are limited. It has no benefits, nothing. I wouldn't apply for the same kind of job but there is not going to be a change in pay there either. If a few cents make a change... not to me. I'm inclined to think it's something else. Or someone. :D

Jupiter happens to be the ruler of both Venus and Mars. Placed in the eleventh, it might indicate actions by a friend - a friend beats you to the job, possibly because they informed you about it in the first place, so they had made a prior decision to apply.

I have no friends who work even in a remotely related field to mine and in my field one has no friends. I guess it really relates to the field itself being a 5/11 thing.

Jupiter also rules the third, which is associated with travel. It could be that the new job involves significant travel and that's a deal breaker for you.

Travel would be a definite deal breaker, yes. But I wouldn't even apply for such a job and it's required to be mentioned in the job ad (and it is). I lean towards the 3rd signifying an interview or conversation.

So there appears to be money coming in but the job doesn't seem to quite come off. Are you up to other things, such as buying lottery tickets? Just before the Mars Venus conjunction, Venus makes a sextile with the Lot of Fortune.

Ha! Not usually but you bet I'll be buying tickets now! :D

This is an odd chart. It seems that your money worries are going to diminish but whilst there's a possible job around it doesn't quite look like you will get your hands on it.

The man, Minderwiz, the man! LOL Remember, it was you who said there is a man in every chart and for once he is so prominent! :D Seriously, no, I don't know how I would/could get richer aside from making my own money which is all I know.

Looking at it a again, I note that the Lot of Fortune is ruled by Saturn in the fourth house and Saturn itself is in the Third house ruled by Jupiter. So perhaps there's a link there. The need to travel for the job is outweighed by an improvement in your finances. So I'd say travel is the main reason why you don't take up the job.

You may have missed the other chart I posted in Questions but we're moving to the adjacent building. It is in the same neighbourhood (3rd). This may very well relate to the move. The question is if it bodes well for our move! I wouldn't really apply for a job which involves travel because I simply can not do it. No matter how much it pays, it's just not possible for me.

I feel there's something missing here, but I can't put my finger on it. It's not often there's contradictory indications, but there are. Perhaps you can make more sense of the situation I've described for you. Is there a chance that you might come into more money, even if it's something that you would otherwise discount?

No such chance as far as I know. Of course, we guess, God does, so... mine is only a guess. I think there are more than one stories in this chart. One is the story about my current job being such and such (6th house), and a possible (another) unpleasant conversation with one or more of the entitled managers (Jupiter square Moon rules 3rd) which sets me ablaze and while on fire LOL I ... and I don't know if I win from the lottery or meet a person (man) who helps, this part is in the future. I also think the 3/4 house relates to our move, hopefully a good one and for the better! Another explanation of the Moon/Jupiter square could be problems with neighbours (please not again!) or a failed interview. What are your thoughts?

P.S. You have a new fancy program? This chart gave me headache though. LOL I'm so used to see the borders of the houses, it just took me half an hour to decipher who is where. :D

fairylights

On the basis of what you said above, I'd say that the chart is more likely to indicate that you won't be successful this year :-( You're trying to take an an awful lot, which creates a high tension situation. It's not enough that you get a PG place; you have to see it through and there's not really strong work indication that you will.

Unless you have a sound plan in place agreed with SO you are taking a big risk there are only so many hours in a day and juggling SO, career and course plus providing 'me' time will prove very difficult

Quick update, Minderwiz: Against all expectations, I actually received an acceptance letter from my top choice university yesterday and they've also agreed to provide funding. This has been a longterm dream for me so I didn't hesitate to say yes ... but given your earlier reading, I feel somewhat apprehensive/cautious about how things will pan out.

I know you said that I need to plan things scrupulously and especially get my SO on board logistically speaking but is there anything else I should specifically be paying attention to? If this kind of follow up question is better suited to the questions thread, do please let me know and I'll post it there and wait my turn. Thanks. :)

Minderwiz

s had problems with because the Asc represents the querent, me. Why would I not seeing my own house (myself) mean not seeing the job? I hope I make myself clear but I think it should matter if the significator of the querent sees the significator of the quesited and/or the MC in this case or the house of the questited. It was what the ancients seeked for, from my understanding of their writings. Venus sees the 10th and the MC, in fact she trines it. It does reflect the fact that I keep my eyes on the goal and I've narrowed my desired work places to a few and check for positions there regularly. I don't apply just anywhere. Anyways, just had to say it. :)

The sixth was seen, along with the eight, twelfth and to a lesser extent the second as being 'not conducive to business' It's a place where it's difficult to get things done. Thus the Ascendant Ruler may see the Ruler of the Tenth, or the MC, so you may be aware of the job or see it at one level, but you find it difficult to take the necessary actions, no matter how 'strong' you are in yourself. It's a bit like wading through deep mud towards your goal. You many be a strong and healthy young woman but the mud makes it difficult for you to move quickly in the right direction, it slows you down or makes you take a roundabout route. That's not a particularly good analogy but it's the best I can thing of at the moment, between coughing fits. :(

Ronia said:
:D It seems you cast a similar chart to the one I posted in the Questions thread for a comment, whenever you have the time. Mars rules the 7th as well! :D Not to be missed. LOL I find the charts involving the Venus/Mars conjunction interesting these days.

I'll take a look at that

Ronia said:
I can totally relate to the "enslaved" part! It is a service job, in fact not so badly paid per hour but with limited hours which brings a very low income at the end of the day and the year. And it is below my usual level. But it also comes in a package with entitled managers.
It's also a job I wouldn't normally do, it is a "pays the bills" job so yes, it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

I dont' have access to the same job market information as you but it seemed odd that the job in this chart describes the job you are in now, not the one that you want.

Ronia said:
....I'm applying to jobs in my regular field and they are higher end jobs. Of course, it's possible I just don't get the better jobs but I'm not applying for the same kind as the one I have. If the Moon doesn't describe this current job, I don't know what it describes. may be if I start applying for the same kind of jobs... but I don't want to.

I'm not suggesting that you should, unless one comes along with very good pay, compared to what you're on now and I agree that seems unlikely.

Ronia said:
My regular field is in entertainment and events (among other things), including 11th house gatherings, many people, festivals, etc. Since the Moon co-signifies me + rules the 10th, I'd say I may just miss one of these jobs in the field because Jupiter will square her, no? I know it's complicating the aspect but the Moon IS my co-significator, after all. :) And I do work in the 5/11 sphere. Usually. I am in the 5th still but at a miserable level. Now, I also have upcoming events with the current job, I may very well get so frustrated with the whole thing that I stop applying for other jobs thus the square. Or it may be an unpleasant conversation (Jupiter rules the 3rd) or failed interview (the 3rd again).

The Moon is in play as the significator of the job. I don't think you can use her as a co-significator for you. Interestingly Jupiter is the exaltation planet in Cancer, so it could be stretched to having some signification for the job or your present job. Using it as a significator for the Job doesn't really help though. It's averse to Venus and the coming aspect with the Moon is a square. The Moon doesn't have either the essential or accidental dignity to suggest that the square can be 'overcome' and the matter perfected. Jupiter might (and this is very speculative) signify the manager you mention.

Ronia said:
Travel would be a definite deal breaker, yes. But I wouldn't even apply for such a job and it's required to be mentioned in the job ad (and it is). I lean towards the 3rd signifying an interview or conversation.

I wasn't particularly thinking of travel as part of the job description, but in the sense of travelling to work, though the requirement of travel as part of the job description would meet the interpretation as well. I don't necessarily see the job reaching an interview or even an application stage. The fact that it's there but you don't apply for it because of travel would satisfy the condition.

Yes communication would also be a possiblity - that might even include sending for the application papers and job description and being put off from applying having read them. It could extend to the formal interview or any communcation, written (most likely) or oral.

Ronia said:
Ha! Not usually but you bet I'll be buying tickets now! :D

I can't avoid this forming aspect, because your question is not just about a job but also the financial situation. The chart strongly suggests an improvement in your material wellbeing. How this comes about if you don't get a new job, I can only speculate, so buy the tickets

Ronia said:
The man, Minderwiz, the man! LOL Remember, it was you who said there is a man in every chart and for once he is so prominent! :D Seriously, no, I don't know how I would/could get richer aside from making my own money which is all I know.

Yes, as Mars rules the seventh it could be a man (and it's some time since I read for you, so I apologise for missing that essential ingredient :) ) I did actually check the eighth for someone else's money. That gives Taurus, ruled by Venus. I can't use Venus, as she's otherwise engaged. The Exaltation planet is the Moon and she's out of play as well, Venus is the Triplicity ruler and the Terms ruler, so there's no obvious planet to use as the significator. If you're question was related to the eighth - 'can the company afford a decent salary? for example, I'd probably use Jupiter for the Job and the Moon for other people's money. As it is, the only thing I can go on, is your own material possessions look likely to increase.

Ronia said:
You may have missed the other chart I posted in Questions but we're moving to the adjacent building. It is in the same neighbourhood (3rd). This may very well relate to the move. The question is if it bodes well for our move! I wouldn't really apply for a job which involves travel because I simply can not do it. No matter how much it pays, it's just not possible for me.

I'll have a look because this and the other question you mentioned may all tie in together.

Ronia said:
No such chance as far as I know. Of course, we guess, God does, so... mine is only a guess. I think there are more than one stories in this chart. One is the story about my current job being such and such (6th house), and a possible (another) unpleasant conversation with one or more of the entitled managers (Jupiter square Moon rules 3rd) which sets me ablaze and while on fire LOL I ... and I don't know if I win from the lottery or meet a person (man) who helps, this part is in the future. I also think the 3/4 house relates to our move, hopefully a good one and for the better! Another explanation of the Moon/Jupiter square could be problems with neighbours (please not again!) or a failed interview. What are your thoughts?

I don't like to over speculate, the horary reading should focus on the question asked and not add in any further details not asked for, or at least that's Frawley's view. I agree to a large extent. I'm pushing speculation by taking Jupiter's accidental role in the chart. Jupiter might simply signify that your attempt on the job gets stopped by someone or something. If I use a natural signification, it might be a tall good looking man with grey eyes, a lawyer, a cleric, or someone or some organisation who does good charitable works, to take but a few possibles. There's no way of knowing which it is. Indeed there's no certainty that you would know. He might be involved in shortlisting and rejects your application for some reason - in which case you never know. He might be someone who you think can give you information about the job and what he says puts you off applying. Those are two of countless situations that might arise. The point is that Jupiter signifies something or someone who prevents you taking the job.

Ronia said:
P.S. You have a new fancy program? This chart gave me headache though. LOL I'm so used to see the borders of the houses, it just took me half an hour to decipher who is where. :D

I was using Solar Fire to test out my edited horary page. (if you're interested I posted a thread on my difficulties in getting Solar Fire to do what I wanted)

I though it looked rather nice but thanks for the feedback, I'll try a different one next time. AstroApp have also updated their Traditional charts so I might try one of theirs. :D

Minderwiz

Quick update, Minderwiz: Against all expectations, I actually received an acceptance letter from my top choice university yesterday and they've also agreed to provide funding. This has been a longterm dream for me so I didn't hesitate to say yes ... but given your earlier reading, I feel somewhat apprehensive/cautious about how things will pan out.

I know you said that I need to plan things scrupulously and especially get my SO on board logistically speaking but is there anything else I should specifically be paying attention to? If this kind of follow up question is better suited to the questions thread, do please let me know and I'll post it there and wait my turn. Thanks. :)

Congratulations on getting the place!! The chart showed everything was in the right places, the problem is juggling them to make everything work.

You're taking on a lot but if you ensure that you have planned for what is to come and your SO is happy with those plans then there's no reason why you should fail. I think a long chat with SO is your start point, or at least once you know what's entailed with the PG course in terms of attendance and most importantly study time. You have to fit him in but you can't ignore the course and the career. He obviously knows about your hopes already so try and move forward as a couple but remember that the PG study and your job require sufficient time.

Once you've got all your information together, you might want to ask a follow up question

pacificwaters

The chart cast has Libra rising, which makes your main significator Venus. Venus is placed in Pisces, its exaltation. However Pisces happens to be the sixth House, so Venus is weakly placed in the chart. You have the necessary professional competence but you're not in the right place to easily find a new job.

At the risk of sounding boastful, I have a decent work experience of about 14 years in my field. Despite this I am stuck in a job where there is no professional growth for me now. If I don’t switch jobs or jump into the next cadre, I would be staring at about 25 years of professional life without any promotions.. sort of like a professional dead end.

The Job itself is signified by the Moon, ruler of the tenth house of Cancer. The Moon is actually placed in Libra in the first, so you already have it or it is coming to you. Because Venus is in the sixth, the Moon and Venus are averse, or inconjunct. There's no aspect between them.

The Moon is in an early degree so it's next aspect is to Mercury in the fifth and then Saturn in the third.

Venus' next aspect is a trine to the MC, which is a good sign, although there's no planet there. Venus last aspect was to Saturn, it's a pity that the Moon doesn't aspect Saturn next, because we'd have a very good indication of that new job coming.

I even checked antiscia. Venus antiscion lies at 15 Libra, near the MC, but it's not an aspect the Moon is going to make next. Likewise the Moon's antiscion is at 27 Pisces, not an aspect Venus is going to make next. There's a lot going on here but it doesn't hit the nail on the head.

I wouldn't be surprised if you did get a new job but I can't predict that you will from this chart. If you are currently in work, it's possible that your job will be upgraded in some way, which would explain the Moon being in the first. It's also possible that in some sense the job comes and gets you in some way.

I had asked you this question basically because I was appearing for an exam for a new job (in another organization). The biggest hurdle for me currently is that in India we have caste based quotas for jobs. Unfortunately for me this is the biggest hindrance. The job for whose exam I recently appeared, I have a good experience for that job. The minimum criterion is 5 years of experience. So on paper I stand a good chance. However everything would depend on the writtens, whether I would clear it or not. The opening is for an officer grade post. Currently I am stuck in the technical cadre and have reached the maximum promotional level.

You speak about my job being upgraded. I take the liberty of this meaning I getting upgraded to the officer level at my own workplace. Unfortunately this would happen only if the recruitment process going on for a certain “post” gets invalidated and is re-advertised again with the post being open to all as against the current reservation bias imposed on it. However as of now I think this has very little chances of happening.

Astrologically this is an interesting chart, but infuriating for you because it doesn't supply what you want it to, the promise of the new job.

How good the job is, is a bit more difficult to say. The Moon is in the right place but its only essential dignity is by face. It is also slow and waning, so it doesn't really suggest a mega improvement over what you have now, unless you're out of work and will take anything.

You speak of “doesn’t really suggest a mega improvement” above. Well you are quite right in talking about my situation here. Even if I were to be selected for the post for whose examination I appeared or be it that my institute advertises for this particular post again without reservation hues, I stand to gain nothing monetarily. At my current designation I have reached the threshold, and so my pay is equivalent to what someone would get when he starts his career from the officer grade. Currently what I am looking for is this transition into the officer grade as I have the relevant experience and skill set. It’s just that there is no opening. Both the options – the test if I qualify and clear the interview or my institute were it to re-advertise I would be joining at the starting of the ladder for the officer grade. My pay at the most if I get this new job would have nothing more than a minor increment. Definitely nothing huge. So other than a transition from where I would have better avenues open up professionally there is no other gain.

What is of more interest is that after aspecting the MC, Venus goes on to conjoin Mars, which rules your second house of money and income. There's something of a mutual reception between them, as Venus is the exaltation ruler and Mars is the triplicity ruler for night charts. Both have dignity both are not well placed but this looks like things should pick up a bit relating to income. I might infer that that must mean a job, but you can get money/income from other sources, such as inheritance or tax refunds. However, overall, I'd say that there must be a chance. It isn't obvious and it isn't certain but it's better than no chance at all.

Additional income :eyes wide open: :drooling:

Humor apart, I don’t know what it could mean. But more than getting money from inheritance or tax refunds, I would be very happy if this additional income hinted at a new job. I just hope that the “chance” you mentioned (of getting a new job) turns out to be positive.

Fingers crossed!

If there is any development, be it my clearing the written or an unexpected development of the employment scenario in my workplace, I will cross check with this interp of yours and get back to you to let you know about the same.

Thank you very much for reading for me.

Regards

Ronia

The sixth was seen, along with the eight, twelfth and to a lesser extent the second as being 'not conducive to business' It's a place where it's difficult to get things done. Thus the Ascendant Ruler may see the Ruler of the Tenth, or the MC, so you may be aware of the job or see it at one level, but you find it difficult to take the necessary actions, no matter how 'strong' you are in yourself. It's a bit like wading through deep mud towards your goal. You many be a strong and healthy young woman but the mud makes it difficult for you to move quickly in the right direction, it slows you down or makes you take a roundabout route. That's not a particularly good analogy but it's the best I can thing of at the moment, between coughing fits. :(

Yes, I understand but I just have a problem with it (the "seeing the Asc" part). Ignore me. :)

I dont' have access to the same job market information as you but it seemed odd that the job in this chart describes the job you are in now, not the one that you want.

But that's the only explanation I can come up with simply because I wouldn't even think of applying for the same kind of job. Why would the Moon then signify a future job with the same unpleasant characteristics? I'm lost here. As I said, if it doesn't describe my current job (and it sounds very much like it), I don't know what it describes.

The Moon is in play as the significator of the job. I don't think you can use her as a co-significator for you. Interestingly Jupiter is the exaltation planet in Cancer, so it could be stretched to having some signification for the job or your present job. Using it as a significator for the Job doesn't really help though. It's averse to Venus and the coming aspect with the Moon is a square. The Moon doesn't have either the essential or accidental dignity to suggest that the square can be 'overcome' and the matter perfected. Jupiter might (and this is very speculative) signify the manager you mention.

So, it's no better job, to make the long story short. I'll keep applying, though. :D You know I'm stubborn. LOL

I wasn't particularly thinking of travel as part of the job description, but in the sense of travelling to work, though the requirement of travel as part of the job description would meet the interpretation as well. I don't necessarily see the job reaching an interview or even an application stage. The fact that it's there but you don't apply for it because of travel would satisfy the condition.

I do apply. Everyone commutes here, it's a big city, one hour is the norm. I was thinking about business trips which I couldn't make.

Yes communication would also be a possiblity - that might even include sending for the application papers and job description and being put off from applying having read them. It could extend to the formal interview or any communcation, written (most likely) or oral.[?QUOTE]

From where I stand, Jupiter is more likely to represent an unpleasant conversation with current manager (happening monthly!) or a failed interview than a person preventing me from getting a new job. However:

I don't like to over speculate, the horary reading should focus on the question asked and not add in any further details not asked for, or at least that's Frawley's view. I agree to a large extent. I'm pushing speculation by taking Jupiter's accidental role in the chart. Jupiter might simply signify that your attempt on the job gets stopped by someone or something. If I use a natural signification, it might be a tall good looking man with grey eyes, a lawyer, a cleric, or someone or some organisation who does good charitable works, to take but a few possibles. There's no way of knowing which it is. Indeed there's no certainty that you would know. He might be involved in shortlisting and rejects your application for some reason - in which case you never know. He might be someone who you think can give you information about the job and what he says puts you off applying. Those are two of countless situations that might arise. The point is that Jupiter signifies something or someone who prevents you taking the job.

the physical description fits to a T the man from my other chart posted in the Questions! But no, he's not a lawyer, a clerk, or similar, but he is a foreigner and humanitarian (Jupiter) and a colleague of sorts. If he prevents me from taking the job I may not protest much. :D

I can't avoid this forming aspect, because your question is not just about a job but also the financial situation. The chart strongly suggests an improvement in your material wellbeing. How this comes about if you don't get a new job, I can only speculate, so buy the tickets

I have absolutely no objections to the financial improvement! Sounds fantastical to me but... one never knows!

Yes, as Mars rules the seventh it could be a man (and it's some time since I read for you, so I apologise for missing that essential ingredient :) ) I did actually check the eighth for someone else's money. That gives Taurus, ruled by Venus. I can't use Venus, as she's otherwise engaged. The Exaltation planet is the Moon and she's out of play as well, Venus is the Triplicity ruler and the Terms ruler, so there's no obvious planet to use as the significator. If you're question was related to the eighth - 'can the company afford a decent salary? for example, I'd probably use Jupiter for the Job and the Moon for other people's money. As it is, the only thing I can go on, is your own material possessions look likely to increase.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I'll have a look because this and the other question you mentioned may all tie in together.

Thank you! The moving chart I have some doubts about as it didn't seem to tell the whole story but the man chart with the Venus/Mars upcoming conjunction is indeed important to me. :)

I was using Solar Fire to test out my edited horary page. (if you're interested I posted a thread on my difficulties in getting Solar Fire to do what I wanted)

I though it looked rather nice but thanks for the feedback, I'll try a different one next time. AstroApp have also updated their Traditional charts so I might try one of theirs. :D

That's only me! I can use them, it just caught me by surprise. :)

Minderwiz

Reading for Ethereal - Question 1

hi minderwiz:

he has hired a lawyer to represent himself. (what should I be made aware of that is unseen). whatever you can hone in on.

what should I be made aware of in regards to life changes in the ( next 6 months).
upcoming life changes for me.

thanks so much! if you need anymore info please PM, in case I miss the thread. things really hectic right now. thanks!

This post answers the first of your two questions.

The chart cast has Virgo rising, thus your significator is Mercury. Mercury lies in Aquarius, where it has dignity by triplicity but only in a night chart. This is a day chart. So Mercury is peregrine. Aquarius is the sixth house so to add to its lack of essential dignity it has poor accidental dignity by placement. It signifies that your condition is not good at the moment.

Your brother is signified by Mars, ruler of the third house of siblings. Mars is in Aries, its own domicile. So your brother is much stronger than you in relation to this issue. However, Aries is the eighth place, so Mars too is not in a good placement in this chart.

That might not be as 'bad' as it seems. If your brother is executor of your father's will, then this is the placement that I would have expected. So it indicates that he's in control of the issue of executing that will. In that sense he's actually in a very strong position.

There's some reception between Mars and Mercury, as Mars lies in the Terms of Mercury, they are also in sextile by sign. So the relationship between you and him is not one of total mistrust or opposing needs.

His lawyer would be signified by his second house, the radical ninth. Lawyers are 'supporters' or 'seconds' rather than servants. That means that the lawyer's significator is Venus, ruler of the ninth house of the radical chart.

Venus is also in the eighth house, which I again take to signify the issue of the will and it's execution. Whoever they are, they're not particularly strong as Aries is the Detriment of Venus.

If I didn't know the background, I'd say that he's employed the lawyer to ensure the bequests are properly disbursed. That view is supported by Venus also being in the Terms of Mercury, so again there's loose reception.

In both the case of Mars and Venus the sextiles are separating so that might well indicate that concern for your interests is passing as far as he and the lawyer are concerned.

Also the Lot of Fortune is about to pass into Aries, being in the last few minutes of Pisces. That might well signify that he will become master of your fate.and fortune.

So superficially things seem to be above board and proper but given your concerns in the past, I'd advise you to at least acquaint yourself with the terms of the will and if you think it's not what it should be, then hire yourself a lawyer to at least check things through.

There's no evidence of 'wrong doing' here either done or intended but it's not fully clear that your interests will be looked after unless you keep an eye on things.

Ethereal

i just read through your reading for me. it made alot of sense to me, as my brother is in a MUCH stronger position than I am , regarding the whole procedure. he is the executor of the will. and, I do agree as you mentioned with the lots of fortune, he very well has my fate and fortune in his hands. this I know to be a fact. there has been alot of things my brother refuses to answer. his answers are, *speak to my attorney. who of course will not speak to me. yes, the lawyer to ensure its all properly disbursed, but the question is to whom. there will be a division of assets, however the will, (the one I have a copy of; I have a suspicion there is a, new, *revised,* edition I know nothing about) doesn't distinguish who gets what.
there are things, bits and pieces that have come out at the last minute from my brother that do indicate , HE not ME is in charge. which is true. as the executor. what you got, overall, made alot of sense. and, I know I am going to have to retain an attorney at some point for myself regarding all of this. I definitely see a contested situation in the future. thanks minderwiz, for taking the time to do this for me.

I am so not up on the scientific parts of astrology, but the chart you did , what you said, regarding it, made alot of sense to me. much thanks!

Minderwiz

Reading for Ethereal - Question 2.

hi minderwiz:

what should I be made aware of in regards to life changes in the ( next 6 months).
upcoming life changes for me.

This is bordering on needing a natal reading for any depth, however I'll try and provide a sketch answer to the question.

Primarily this is a 'life' question and the house of life is the first. That is Cancer and so your significator is the Moon.

The Moon is in Scorpio, the fifth house, which is a good placement in the chart, being trine to the Ascendant and the 'Place of Good Fortune', so that's a promising start. The Moon is not aspected by the malefics, Saturn or Mars, so again that's a good indicator. That being said the Moon does not aspect Venus and is in a square to the other benefic, Jupiter, which is Retrograde in the Second house of Leo.

The Moon is Peregrine, that is she has no essential dignity, so she indicates that you are dependent on others for help and any success, over the period.

The Moon's next aspect will be a square to Mercury in the eighth. That to me is a clear indication of the issues arising out of your first question. In this chart Mercury rules the third house of siblings (your brother) and the twelfth house of enemies (in general) and loss. This is a clear warning to take all the actions you can to deal with this issue. It looks and is serious.

Thereafter the Moon will leave Scorpio and enter Sagittarius. That is the sixth house, and is associated with ill health and with bad fortune. As it enters Sagittarius it will be applying to a conjunction with Saturn, which rules the seventh and eighth houses. As Lord 8 Saturn is not something good to aspect. My feeling is that given the background, this is another reference to your father's death. But it does suggest that your own health will suffer as a result. So you need to take care of your health, especially in the worrying and stressful circumstances of resolving the will.

The Moon's next aspect will be a trine to Jupiter, who rules the sixth house and so is accidentally unfortunate. The aspect is a trine, so this is not going to be a serious issue but Jupiter also rules to Lot of Fortune, which also has significance for the body and health.

Jupiter also rules the ninth house of travel and the Lot lies in that house. So you might well end up travelling either over this issue or for other reasons. Jupiter is in it's own face - not strong by any means but at least it has some dignity. It's worst features are that it is retrograde, so things associated with it will not work out as you might expect. It does have a weak mutual reception by terms with Saturn and the two are in a whole sign aspect. This might have a minor beneficial effect.

The Moon will then go on and trine Mars, ruler of the tenth in the tenth. This looks to be the best effect, which will be in relation to career or to any actions you take.

The next aspect is to the Sun in the ninth house and conjunct the Lot of Fortune. The Sun rules the second house of your finances. The aspect is a square, but the Sun has a mutual reception with Jupiter, the ruler of the ninth. Of itself that won't deliver here but it does mean that your finances might benefit more than if it there wasn't that mutual reception. You might have to travel to get that money but it should be worth it.

The last aspect is to Venus by trine. Venus rules the eleventh house of hopes and the fourth house of home and family. Venus is placed in the tenth, the second best place in the entire chart. You should realise your hopes and the situation with home and family should improve. The caution is that Venus is in its Detriment in Aries, though it is in its own Face. So don't expect a bonanza but you will not lose out on those hopes.

I've written this in order of the aspects of the Moon. However remember that life doesn't happen in a 'serial' fashion, one event at a time. So be prepared for some overlap.

Attachments

• Ethereal General.jpg
    Ethereal General.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 49