"Dishonored" video-game tie-in deck

emmsma

I've got this on preorder. should be out in early October. I just want the deck. Not sure if I'll even try the game. I'm not much of a gamer and my boy is a retro-gamer rather than a first person shooter type of kid.

And 72 cards was my understanding.

eurydicesdreams

October 20, I think. For the game, anyway… I know there are a lot of gamers who are kind p.o.'ed that Bethesda is doing a different pre-order package for every single retailer. The tarot deck is just from GameStop. There's a fancy lamp if you buy it from a different store… special powers if you buy it from yet another one… it's kinda ridonkulous, honestly. such a transparent marketing ploy.

Vedbeach

October 20, I think. For the game, anyway… I know there are a lot of gamers who are kind p.o.'ed that Bethesda is doing a different pre-order package for every single retailer. The tarot deck is just from GameStop. There's a fancy lamp if you buy it from a different store… special powers if you buy it from yet another one… it's kinda ridonkulous, honestly. such a transparent marketing ploy.

Oh yeah it's all to sell a lot more but then what isn't these days? (I'm starting to sound old).

Sussed out as to why I couldn't find the UK version with the Tarot deck; it was the regular edition I was looking at when you have to buy the special edition. To be honest though I'm still not sure. The fact that death is the final major card, as the main character is an assassin, the other majors are just characters from the game and the rest are pips puts me off. I know you can't expect a lot from a deck that comes free with a game but it sounds to me like it will be more of a card game than an actual tarot deck, despite the tarot label.

Fly My Pretty

I've had this game pre-ordered for months now, it's released on October 11th here in Australia.
At first I wasn't sure if it was worth pre-ordering as it's a very similar game to the Assassin Creed series (my fav) but the inclusion of the Tarot deck had me running to my nearest EBgames to grab it :D

Looks like October is going to be an expensive month for me with the new Fable game & Assassin's Creed 3 coming out :eek:

rwcarter

"Promotional" copies of the deck are being sold on eBay for ~$20.

Kitsune-Tears

Deck

Here in Canada the game/deck was released today, Hubby is big into that sort of games and pre-ordered it anyway but let me have the deck... its kind of interesting, the "pips" are mostly like a standard card deck, except the suits are Rats, Swords, Skulls and Pistols.... the majors, except for the world card, all appear to be various characters, and the court cards appear to have characters on it as well. It has 79 cards, and no info on using it for divination, it has a rules sheet for a game they made though, called "The Game Of Nancy" I think it is a cool looking deck, and since you can use a regular deck of cards for cartomancy, i'm sure there are ways you could a reading with this one, with practice anyway.

iAmRiotEyes

I like the look of it but too bad the pip cards aren't illustrated too :(

Kitsune-Tears

I agree, I wish the pips were illustrated too, but it is still more of a deck then i expected it to be...

Spark-san

I got the deck and game today. The deck is much cooler than I thought it would be, though I agree I wish the pips were illustrated. The game of Nancy seems complicated, but fun. Though honestly, I'm kind of bummed by the fact that there are no instructions for divinatory use or list of meanings anywhere, no unique spread, even though on one of the cards it says it is a deck that can be used for divination. Though I suppose by playing through the game you could make references from the character in-game to the character shown on the card, and use that as a meaning of sorts. I think I'll try experimenting with that.

Amary

I was just coming here to see if anyone had heard of this one! I got it yesterday when we picked up Dishonored.

The deck is very sparsely illustrated, and the colors are subdued and almost muddy. The backs are gorgeous, dark olive green (that almost looks gold), black, and white. Cardstock is lightly laminated and flimsier than I would like, but not as flimsy as I expected, given that this is a promotional deck.

There are detailed instructions for The Game of Nancy, but nothing at all about card meanings. I'll be interested to see how the characters in the game (which are featured on the cards) match the card meanings. (I can't play it until I pry it out of my husband's hands, and I should finish Borderlands 2 first, anyway.)

(Included pictures of the majors, the box, the backs, some courts, and examples of the pips.)

Attachments

• 2012-10-10 11.33.19.jpg
    2012-10-10 11.33.19.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 218
  • 2012-10-10 11.33.25.jpg
    2012-10-10 11.33.25.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 176
  • 2012-10-10 11.33.31.jpg
    2012-10-10 11.33.31.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 195
  • 2012-10-10 11.34.34.jpg
    2012-10-10 11.34.34.jpg