5 decks to use for a year

MissChiff

For me at this present time l would have to take...

Large Thoth to get lost in
pocket Thoth to work with
Roots of Asia should l need a spiritual hug and calmness

They would be more than enough for me :)

You have got to be an Ace Pro with your Roots of Aisa deck.......

Laura Borealis

1. Fey Tarot (comfort deck, easy to read)
2. RWS
3. Thoth
4. Tarot of the Spirit (I'm trying to study it alongside the Thoth)
5. Ancient Italian (as my Marseilles type deck)

I'd leave my Daniloff at home for safekeeping. :love:

Luna's Crone

This is hard.

Tarot of the spirit study
haindl study
Cat People
world spirit tarot
Vision Quest study/readings

unless i got my hands on the dreaming gaia, than world spirit would have to stay home.

no said no oracle, and would bring wisdon of, enchanted map, messenger

i changed my list.

cat people would stay home and i would bring Dream Raven or Waking the wild spirit, would never swap out world spirit, just couldn't.

So the list is:
Tarot of the Spirit study
Haindl & books study
Vision Quest study and readings
World spirit
Dream Raven, deviant moon or Waking the wild spirit.

*Isobel*

I love this thread:)

1. Tarot of the Sidhe - all time favourite
2. Druidcraft - speaks so easily and so true
3. The Faeries' Oracle + Heart of Faerie Oracle (counted as one deck) - so I won't feel alone
4. Fey Tarot - to cheer me up
5. The Wild Unknown - connected with nature

oh...I forgot about Centennial in a tin....must have it...at least it is small I will somehow sneak it as well!

:)
Isobel

Nemia

Hmmm.... let's see.

Thoth. If I had to take only one, it would be the Thoth. Can't live without that deck.

One deck from the TdM tradition - BDC, Lombardi Danneggiato or Tarot of the Master.

Grail Tarot. For study. I didn't really "get into it" yet but I'd love to. I'd have to take the book along, too, of course.

Blake Tarot. For the same reason. Study, and try to read with it.

Byzantine Tarot. A beautiful tarot with a lot of depth. Again, one of the decks I don't read often enough with. And that's a pity.

So apart from the Thoth, I wouldn't take the decks I use most often (Anna K., Wild Unknown, Botticelli, Dreaming Way, Housewives, PCS Commemorative...), but decks I'd like to get to know better. A year without the other decks would force me to do that.

A year has gone by, and how would I answer now?

Thoth, of course. No way to live a year without the Thoth.

Tabula Mundi. Just with the Thoth and Tabula Mundi, I wouldn't have a boring day.

Trionfi della Luna. As voice of reason ;-)

Silhouettes as comfort and easy reading deck. And for story telling of course.

And Blake for in depth study and as something totally different.

Interesting! Tabula Mundi and Trionfi della Luna have become such important decks for me!

Yellow

Interesting question. I see it's a year old but I've just found it!

1. Rider Waite Smith (either my 90s Universal Waite or the 80's Rider&Co/Random House edition)
2. Tarot of the Sidhe
3. Fountain Tarot
4. Anna K Tarot
5. Ancient Tarot of Lombardy

Ayagoddess333

I'm going to give this a try :

1) Anna K - gives me the clearest answers

2) Alice Tarot - is the prettiest and most expensive deck in my collection

3) Morgan Greer - is not only my first deck, but it's colors are amazing and it gives strong readings and and and! Just the best.

4) Mystical Cats - since I need at least one cat deck!

5) Sacred Rose - because I saved this deck for the right timing. Need to give it serious study time.

Essjay

As of right now I would go for: -

1. Bohemian Gothic (old and faithful favourite. Also, if I'm gone for a year I need a winter seasonal deck).
2. Dreams of Gaia (If I was only taking five it would give me a chance to get to know this deck properly).
3. Animal Totem (Recent favourite which I use all the time atm).
4. Wildwood (I think this would make a great all year round deck).
5. Margarete Peterson OR Modern Spellcasters - I just can't decide between these two right now. I'd decide on the day I was packing :D

lantana

I'm glad someone brought this thread back! Kelly Bear is one of my favorite Tarot youtubers (if not my absolute favorite?) and this video gave me sooo much to think about, but I'm sadly too camera shy to do a VR.

My picks for a year away are:

1. Slow Holler. This is my "fire in the home and can only grab one" deck, full stop. Also, if I was going somewhere that wasn't the American South I'd need a deck that'd help ease that homesickness, y'know?
2. Fountian Tarot. It's one of many extremely honest decks I have, but out of all of them this one is the kindest and has the clearest voice. It would definitely be a great companion when away from home.
3. Idiosyncradeck. I love its bright visuals, its demeanor, and how well it reads. No way I couldn't take it with me!
4. Wild Unknown. For a long time this was my only deck to read with, and I feel so comforted while I use it. So it can fill both the workhorse and healing deck spots.
5. My actual answer for this is the Seeker's Lenormand, because I can't imagine life without a Lennie, but since this is the Tarot Deck fourm I'm going to say the Wooden Tarot since it gives such deep, rich readings.

My collection at this point is pretty filled out, so I don't think these would change any time soon... Except for the Numious. Something would definitely get knocked off for the Numious.

Falcor

Well, my list is:
1.Fey Tarot-my favorite deck. It naughty and reads like a clock.

2.Universal Tarots(by D. Angelis)-it's classic and I love working with it.

3.Ceccoli Tarot-Because I feel very connected to it.

4.Universal Goddess Tarot-it's beautiful+mythology. A perfect combination.

5.Neuzeit Tarot-it's very different and evolves my "tarot muscles".