London Lore Tarot...

willowy

Count me in for this deck too,looks great,as a english woman I feel it is my duty to own a copy of this deck,well that can be my excuse anyway...

CharlotteK

Count me in for this deck too,looks great,as a english woman I feel it is my duty to own a copy of this deck,well that can be my excuse anyway...
Yes me too! I lived there for 8 years and still make business trips back down a couple of times a month. Great to be able support this 'local' deck and the shipping isn't eye watering. Plus, looks great :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

nisaba

The information given about the scene or personality in each card whets your appetite, and encourages you to go elsewhere and do much deeper research. I'm learning heaps, none of it even remotely related to Tarot, and relishing every moment of it. The only other deck that did that exact same thing to me was the Science Tarot, which made me research shirtloads of early scientists, including an awesome number of women you just never hear of. :)

There's a special place in my heart for Tarot decks that inspire me to go out and research non-Tarot stuff.

Pipistrelle

The information given about the scene or personality in each card whets your appetite, and encourages you to go elsewhere and do much deeper research. I'm learning heaps, none of it even remotely related to Tarot, and relishing every moment of it. The only other deck that did that exact same thing to me was the Science Tarot, which made me research shirtloads of early scientists, including an awesome number of women you just never hear of. :)

There's a special place in my heart for Tarot decks that inspire me to go out and research non-Tarot stuff.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything you just said nisaba. Through reading up about the scenes in this deck, I've found loads of other fascinating tidbits - and more than a few fantastic ghost stories I'd never heard before!

nisaba

Am I right in believing that the wiggly graphic on the card-backs represents the course of the Thames through all-or-part of London? If just a part, where does it start and end?

gregory

Looks like it - compare with the header screen for Eastenders !

SO reckons close to Tower Bridge - Rotherhithe Tunnel, I make it - to Thamesmead.

nisaba

Looks like it - compare with the header screen for Eastenders !

SO reckons close to Tower Bridge - Rotherhithe Tunnel, I make it - to Thamesmead.

Thank you. It *did* look like an organic river-course to me, and I even went onto Google-Earth and looked at London from the air, following the river, but I couldn't *quite* work it out. :)

willowy

Its doing same thing on me,hope its fixed soon as I was hoping to buy it saturday