VintageSpanish Tarot 1975

Abrac

A bargain indeed. I used to have that edition of the Spanish Tarot, a very nice one. :)

Laura Borealis

Very nice! I love the Spanish Tarot, though mine's a different edition. I love the muted colors of the one you got.

Those German playing cards are pretty awesome too. :thumbsup:

euripides

oh I have that Spanish Tarot, though with English titles. It's absolutely lovely - such a warm feel, fits well in the hand and reads very easily.

The astronomical one is quite fascinating.

Spectre Made Flesh

Seems like you got a good deal there, Edward, particularly getting The Spanish Tarot from the 70s in decent condition. I've seen images from it before; seems like an interesting looking deck, Marseille style yet a bit different...

Edward Tarot Hands

Seems like you got a good deal there, Edward, particularly getting The Spanish Tarot from the 70s in decent condition. I've seen images from it before; seems like an interesting looking deck, Marseille style yet a bit different...

Yes a bit different, the woman in The Star is frighteningly ugly....

Lee

Does it bear any resemblance to the Gran Tarot Esotérico? I have (and love) that one.
I agree with Edward Tarot Hands, the Spanish Tarot is pretty much in the tradition of the Tarot de Marseille pattern, although distinguished by its psychedelic colors and its cartoonish, eccentric drawing style. You could certainly use it as a TdM deck, but it has its own quirky personality. I love it.