A/t Herb Garden ?

mingbop

went out of the front door yesterday and there was a HARE in the exact patch the herb border will be in !! Lets hope he doesnt come back for a munch !!

HearthCricket

mingbop said:
went out of the front door yesterday and there was a HARE in the exact patch the herb border will be in !! Lets hope he doesnt come back for a munch !!

lol Oh no! We get lots of rabbits nibbling at our flowers and food. Two years ago we had one that became quite fond of stripping the leaves off our lupine! They are cute, but they can do a lot of garden damage, quickly. This is why I plant some type of low growing lavender on the edges. It seems to detract both the rabbits and deer. Maybe because it tastes like soap, rather than food!?!

mingbop

WellI've seen hare in the back garden but never the front before, he was beautiful though. Hard lives they have, poor wee souls.My neighbour told me not to plant anythign until May and I was all ready to get started too. I did plant my seeds in egg trays and put on the windowsill. Orange thyme hyssop & heartsease done so far. (This is where I forget all about them and find 2 egg trays full of dry compost in sept )!

Milfoil

mingbop said:
(This is where I forget all about them and find 2 egg trays full of dry compost in sept )!

AH - so its not just me then . . . ?

:D

mingbop

All work has stopped in the Ming garden because of SNOW. Again !!!