How can you tell if someone will or is cheating?

GotH

I agree with Daniel, it's in the 3s. The surrounding cards give depth to the story while the 3s show me what kind of cheating energy is involved. It's saying that three are in this relationship but one is standing by knowingly or unknowingly while the other two carry on in some way.

Three of Pentacles: The energy is primal and physical. Some say the affair was "Just a piece of a**."

Three of Cups: People are having fun and are enjoying the situation. The statement, "Oh we're just FRIENDS" is often used here but there's usually more feeling involved.

Three of Wands: Someone wants more or is waiting for more of the situation. Could be uneven energy here like someone is waiting for the other to get on their level.

Three of Swords: It's getting ugly or is about to be. Watch out! This situation is going to end bad for one of these three or maybe with all.

Alta

I also find that 3's in a relationship reading point directly to at least another person influencing the relationship. Sometimes it's another person interfering with your relationship for example the mother-in-law rather than out right cheating. The archetypal three, the Empress, is often an odd card to get in a relationship reading. Of course it could mean that the man sees his wife more as a mother that as a sexual object. It honestly that could lead to cheating, too.

Cheating seems to take many forms. I think that's why a card like 7 of swords could point to someone rationalizing cheating, 7 of cups, someone who has convinced themselves that they need more out of life than just their primary relationship. You almost need to know the people involved, or at least get an idea of their head space from the cards.

For example, the person who feels loyal to their primary partner but is not sexually satisfied off and would not really consider themselves to be cheating. In that case perhaps a card like 5 or 7 Pents could point to either feeling left out in the cold, or feeling dissatisfied with how things are going.

Wands are a different story of course. That can point to passionate involvement and that is probably more like the classic idea of cheating. It would be something deliberate and done out of lust or longing for more sexual passion. Knight of Wands is a classic here, also 5 of Wands (enjoys the thrills) or 8 of Wands (someone who wants it quick sexual but no commitment).

Alta

I have been thinking, and depending on the situation at lot of cards could point to door opening to cheating. 10 of Wands, someone feels overwhelmed by life and is looking for an escape. 6 of Wands, someone powerful and egotistical who feels that they could have pretty well whatever they want.

Alta

Someone earlier commented that telling the client that their significant other is cheating is difficult at best. How can you be really sure?

SunChariot

I don't know if I posted this is the right thread but here goes.

I am curious to know how others "see" another person entering someones life. Or how if they will have an affair or have cheated etc..

I know court cards represent people so I gather it would be a court card but people have seen other threads where they interpret the high priestess or the empress as the other woman. How? Is there a spread where they specifically a space for it e.g. is there another person in their life and the high priestess comes up? Or is this all intuition?

I'm so confused. If so in the celtic cross for example if the challenge was the empress would she be interpreted as another woman or as an actual energy challenge?

[emoji21] [emoji21]

So confused.

The card that would tend to say that for me would be The Devil. The Devil has 2 meanings for me, both apply here. It can be about sex. Not love, just sex the physical act. OR it can be about being tempted to do (or doing) something that may not be the best, most honest, healthy path for you. Something that could be harmful to yourself or others.

Given the 2 meanings, to me The Devil would be the card for that.

Babs

SunChariot

I personally wouldn't tell someone I was reading for that I could see cheating coming their way, I just don't feel confident enough to make that prediction. Having a court card or Empress as new person coming their way or an obstacle is not necessarily cheating.

I think you can see that a relationship might have problems in future but I wouldn't want to say cheating. I would say that things could be tricky in future but you could do this and this to help the relationship.

In the example of a Celtic Cross reading, obstacles as Empress might show a disconnection to someone's feminine energy, they might feel unconfident with the partner because they have issues expressing themselves. What are their needs? I couldn't say if it's woman coming to steal the man!

The only time I would ever look for patterns of cheating in the cards is if someone asked for a specific reading for that. I would look for the 3's or reversed 3's with some of the other cards, like the courts or Devil or feminine energy cards.

This is all true. I'd be uncomfortable reading for someone to see if their spouse was cheating. Imagine the consequences if you're wrong. You could break up a marriage over nothing. That's some serious stuff.

I think I might just tell the querent I am not comfortable reading on the topic. I just don't know for sure that i could read unemotionally enough on the topic, although I generally do trust my readings.

IF the thought entered my mind that omg what if I'm wrong....I could ruin a marriage needlessly...I think that would prevent me from staying objective enough to do the reading. Once an idea enters your mind there is the danger you can see it there in the reading, even if it is not the real answer.

I think the idea that I might find that would not leave me calm enough to read on the topic. If you know what I mean. If I were not calm enough to read completely objectively, I could not do an accurate reading. I would likely refuse to read on the topic.

But also as danieljuk said, what a reading on the future predicts has not yet happened. That means it does not HAVE to happen and can still be prevented. If I read on this I would much rather focus on what can be done to prevent it happening. Or to strengthen things between the 2 partners.

I think that is what I would try to do. TELL the querent that the future is not yet set, not written in stone and that it might be more useful to ask the cards what they can do that will help prevent this happening, and/or allay any fears they can of it happening. If they are fearing it when there is no real cause, that may help too.

Babs

gregory

Someone earlier commented that telling the client that their significant other is cheating is difficult at best. How can you be really sure?
And if you get it wrong - and we do sometimes get it wrong - you could destroy something good. We could pick up on - for instance - a person who "reads" :D Hustler a lot and they themselves perceive that as cheating - even though no-one else would really see it that way; it makes THEM feel guilty and we pick up on that, perhaps. Or one of those ghastly incidents where someone is totally pissed at the office party and gets kissed by someone they quite fancy but would NEVER otherwise do anything with - and feeling terrible about it. Hardly cheating - but perhaps enough for a partner to pick up a vibe about, ask and get a misleading answer.

And of course - we pick up the energy surrounding the sitter. And if they are DETERMINED their partner is charting - that could overpower anything else. I have a friend who believes stuff we all who kn ow her know is in her mind. But nothing anyone can say will convince her otherwise - and I bet if you read for her, you'd pick it up - because it is so very strong in her mind. And no, I know it isn't true; I can prove it - but not to her, because she knows otherwise.

Never discount the energies surrounding your sitter. They can tangle anything. Another good reason to read on THEM, not on someone else in their life.

Nemia

This really sounds like escapist word jugglery. Anyone ever be cheated upon will confirm this.

Interesting, but how does this work in practise?

--

You are more experienced readers than me, so I suppose that reversals don't give the message, as you would have mentioned it.

I gave examples above - the Empress as archteypical energy is the maternal, creative, nurturing, but also threatening, dark side that influences the situation at hand. I usually read minors as situations or scenarios - court cards as aspects of persons involved, including the querent - and majors as deep inner motivations - or, as I called it, archetypical energy. We all have them within us, just like we were all born under ALL the stars, but they're not active in our lives at all times.

It's a matter of evolving personal reading style, I think. I find that for me, it works.

And I don't have a specific court card designated as "other woman" (even in Lenormand, I don't use the Snake that way) or "other man". A love rival is not a type but an individual, and any of us could be pulled into a romantic or erotic triangle without his/her knowledge. A Knight of Swords or King of Pentacles are candidates no less than the infamous Queens :)

That's why I look at the constellation of the whole reading. Is there a pull away from the partner? A pull into the direction of another person?

But as I said, I wouldn't say that to a client. To be honest, I could be wrong, or the other person the partner is pulled towards might be his mother who doesn't like the girlfriend ;-)

feminine_mystique

Wow. Thank you all for the replies. I don't think I'm well experienced to let people know about affairs and such. I was just curious.. it was so interesting how others would interpret cards.

I remember talking to a friend about tarot years ago and she said that the tarot reader saw another woman entering her partners life at work and alas 2 years later she found him cheating with a work colleagues..

I would like to get that good but I try to be positive in my readings but to the point to..

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

nuttyprofessor

There is not so much difference between telling about cheating and telling about a fatal crime. Are we meeting the limits of tarot or the limits of present tarot readers?