Christian Tarot Reader

Maru

The church burned my first deck of cards so I'm your token heretic right here :cool4:

I don't know "how" I worked out the conflict to be terribly honest. It has to come from the conversation between you and God. I'm tutoring a Christian currently and I don't get involved in his practices. I tell him what he can learn from intuition in terms of helping him with the confusion he is dealing with with opening up, but he has preexisting experiences that completely contradict the Christian upbringing and obviously don't support just ignoring his intuition... so I've been there and it's a solitary road. He needs to get this out of the way in order to be happy and to feel he has control over his life again. When you're there, you just know it. Basically, do what feels right for your path... it's YOUR path. Nobody here has a right to tell you how it should be walked. As for God, it depends on how thoroughly you believe in the bible... I have issues with absolute reasoning so I ended up walking away from set in stone religion and look at my spirituality as more of a flexible state.

Anyway, we can only share experiences from when we faced very similar situations. Personally, I feel like this is a conversation to have with yourself about higher calling. I visited the church numerous times after having my first deck burned, but I came to this path because of an enormous pull... no circumstance in life could change my mindset then so I think it was meant to be. If you can believe in that.

page of wands

The church burned my first deck of cards so I'm your token heretic right here :cool4:

I don't know "how" I worked out the conflict to be terribly honest. It has to come from the conversation between you and God. I'm tutoring a Christian currently and I don't get involved in his practices. I tell him what he can learn from intuition in terms of helping him with the confusion he is dealing with with opening up, but he has preexisting experiences that completely contradict the Christian upbringing and obviously don't support just ignoring his intuition... so I've been there and it's a solitary road. He needs to get this out of the way in order to be happy and to feel he has control over his life again. When you're there, you just know it. Basically, do what feels right for your path... it's YOUR path. Nobody here has a right to tell you how it should be walked. As for God, it depends on how thoroughly you believe in the bible... I have issues with absolute reasoning so I ended up walking away from set in stone religion and look at my spirituality as more of a flexible state.

Anyway, we can only share experiences from when we faced very similar situations. Personally, I feel like this is a conversation to have with yourself about higher calling. I visited the church numerous times after having my first deck burned, but I came to this path because of an enormous pull... no circumstance in life could change my mindset then so I think it was meant to be. If you can believe in that.

i was pulled too!

page of wands

1 Corinthians 14 ► King James Bible Prophecy and Tongues

1Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy

i don't know if it's the same though because in the old testament there were prophets and prophetesses. that was ok. but the ones that spoke with dead people, mediums it was a sin. i have to look up the verses.

page of wands

I was raised in a fanatically Christian setting. Think the kind that handles snakes, speaks in tongues and that people refer to as "holy rollers" because they fall on the floor during services. I was scarred for life by that and even though I'm 71 years old now, it's only been about 5 years since I finally started to recuperate from it to any great degree. I never believed what my family did, but I was just sure my mother would call out the fundamentalist SWAT team if she found out I was using the cards or anything like that. (Actually, there weren't snakes in my case, but it was just as fanatical in all other ways.)

Five or so years ago, though, I moved into an old house where, for some reason, I just felt all that drop away and didn't feel bad at all. Then a little over a year ago, my mother passed away and that sort of completed all my inner healing. :)

I've been a recovering alcoholic now for 31 years and I've not got any real spiritual beliefs that I can put a label on. What works for me and has gotten me through a rather hellish life is that I just speak to God, only I call it my Higher Power, except that I believe the Universe is the real power behind it all. At any rate, whatever "it" is, we're on good terms and that's what counts with me.

i'm sorry you had that sort of religious upbringing. it introduced you to spiritual things i guess, like experiences with the holy spirit. but if it scared you then that's not good at all. I don't understand when people say "universe" because I think God created the universe so shouldn't we pray to him instead? The universe is so impersonal, like praying to the moon.

Padma

I don't understand when people say "universe" because I think God created the universe so shouldn't we pray to him instead? The universe is so impersonal, like praying to the moon.

hmmm...you may want to be careful how you put things, because many people at AT pray to the Moon Goddess, or work with Her. And many here are very "Universe" driven in their beliefs. You have to remember that *your* belief is not the only one out there, least of all here at AT, where everyone and their beliefs receive support. Not just Christians. And not just yours. All of us :) :heart:

Diessa

I don't understand when people say "universe" because I think God created the universe so shouldn't we pray to him instead? The universe is so impersonal, like praying to the moon.

"If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all" ~ Shakti Pawha Kaur Khalsa

page of wands

hmmm...you may want to be careful how you put things, because many people at AT pray to the Moon Goddess, or work with Her. And many here are very "Universe" driven in their beliefs. You have to remember that *your* belief is not the only one out there, least of all here at AT, where everyone and their beliefs receive support. Not just Christians. And not just yours. All of us :) :heart:

yeah thats' true. I'm sorry. i didn't mean to offend anyone.

Maru

Yes, we're all part of a spiritual community in a sense (not just AT). I'd like to think just the basic condition of being human makes us all spiritual in sense... we'd all in the same boat, want to understand our sense of purpose and what we're doing here. We certainly have our beliefs about it. Heretic speaking here again, but I think at least in that sense we've all "lost" our way somehow and are trying to re-find something in this life... <end church>

Holly doll

All paths lead roughly in the same direction, & I've always appreciated being part of a community that doesn't discriminate over differing beliefs... (ex Catholic & practising witch talking here ;) )

CharlotteK

I think what we all seem to have in common is a decision to walk a path of connecting with something - be it the cosmos, the universe, the divine within, a higher power, mother nature, the goddess, God, spirit, our true nature, intuition, other sentient beings etc. This is a fantastic forum representing a wide variety of practices, beliefs and paths. It is by far the most intelligent, illuminating, non-confrontational, non-judgmental and supportive forum I have EVER participated in. Long may it continue.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk